FAT Shaming

This sounded familiar. I didn't mean to offend anyone when I said that. Sometimes idk how to structure my phrases and they can read/sound harsh when that wasn't my intention.

My vegan food generally cost about the same as my regular. I'm wasn't aware of this until I started eating this way b/c I've been constantly told "it's more expensive" from ppl that didn't know what they were talking about. This is the case for many ppl.

Many ppl legit don't have time or resources to find prep & eat properly b/c they're preoccupied by other **** like work, kids, school, being poorm etc. so they "have" to go w/ convenience of only worrying about cutting their karrots. You need to realize that everyone isn't afforded the privilege you have. I recommend you do volunteer work in impoverished communities.
again. im not saying everyone is expected to be in shape. that is hard for everyone especially low income families.
i just had a problem with dc saying "not worth the time and effort." imo there is literally nothing more important than your health. so it has to be worth it. expecting people to change their habits is not what im doing.

i just had a problem with dc saying "not worth the time and effort." imo there is literally nothing more important than your health.
I agree with this wholeheartedly - in theory. But I can imagine when your rent is past due, creditors are calling you day and night and your job is in flux that you're not thinking about health. And I want to be clear that I'm not saying you're wrong. I just think that those folks are preoccupied and simply eating is the priority, not what they're eating.

I agree with this wholeheartedly - in theory. But I can imagine when your rent is past due, creditors are calling you day and night and your job is in flux that you're not thinking about health. And I want to be clear that I'm not saying you're wrong. I just think that those folks are preoccupied and simply eating is the priority, not what they're eating.
i agree with you

i just had a problem with dc saying "not worth the time and effort." imo there is literally nothing more important than your health. so it has to be worth it. expecting people to change their habits is not what im doing.
Yea I don't think you are getting what I am saying. :lol:

EYE understand it is worth the time and effort.
YOU understand it is.
But everyone doesn't and it isn't always their fault.

But you have to acknowledge that having the knowledge and ability to practice "putting in the time and effort" IS a privilege.

There are systemic/environmental/cultural issues that stand in the way from that being the NORM.

This isn't me "excusing" or "not holding them accountable" but I simply understand (and see because of field of work (which you should also see depending on who you are serving)) that the battle isn't the same for all.

again. im not saying everyone is expected to be in shape. that is hard for everyone especially low income families.
"You Trying To Get Me Identified By The Popo" OGs' Dont Mess With 2021 Sneaker Game... Not Even Homeless People Want To Rock These

"Not worth the time and effort" b/c they don't know that the could a make few hundred dollars off these shoes to better their situation. People be mad quick to negatively judge instead of educating or trying to understand.

I feel like the dudes that are saying they wouldn't be with someone overweight are being insincere with their reasonings. If a woman you find attractive has her own place, no kids, a degree and a steady job and was interested in you, you'd turn her down because she's overweight?

If so, I feel like it's less to do with her and more to do with your insecurities and/or wanting to maintain appearances. Just keep it 100 and don't make up excuses as if an overweight woman has to be driven to lose weight above all her other ambitions (ie - Oprah, Stacey Abrams, Octavia Spencer, Nicole Byer, all the big mommas in your life, etc.)

Thoughts on this post people?

That makes no sense. I should get with her due to all those attributes even tho I don't find her attractive? Nah man.

When I read it in real time it came off as flagrant projecting but dude edited his post an hour later and then posted this simple question, which maybe is what he really meant.

I know people feel strongly about weight so I was just asking where does someone draw the line if a potential partner checks all but one of their boxes? Not seeing how that is manipulative.

I'm not with this either though. It's just as bad as the dudes wilding in the other thread talking about if you can't appreciate the figure of a "zaftig" woman, it means you're entitled and consumed by the patriarchy. :lol:

I didn’t add opinion to it. Just simply listed facts. If you can scientifically or logically refute these facts, I’m all ears. Less emotion, more logic is always my approach.

Calories in versus calories out. That’s it.

The fact that she’s eating ice coconut water and fruit like cereal tells me all I need to know.

There’s more to losing weight and maintaining optimal body composition then calorie counting.

The food you eat isn’t the only ‘lifestyle choice‘ that needs addressing.

If your hormones are out of wack you’re probably going to have a hard time losing and an even harder time staying ‘in shape’.

Last edited:
It's foolishness. Someone can posses some of the greatest characteristics, but has a bad one that overshadows all the other good ones. There can be a very kind person who is charitable, wealthy, in shape, philanthropic, but also happen to be physically abusive. Should someone still marry this person since they have all these other great characteristics and only this one bad characteristic of being physically abusive? That means someone would be insincere to themselves and society for not wanting to get their *** kicked by their potential partner? No wonder our politicians are corrupt and idiots. These are the people voting them in.

I'm down 15lbs since I started that thread and went to Supplement World. Clothes won't really fit different nor will it show until I get like 45 off though. Been doing keto, get to the gym 1 or 2 x a week but I can do bodyweight stuff during the workday since like most people I sit all day

Post doesn’t make sense. He said “if you find them attractive” well for most ppl, they factor in weight and shape with overall attractiveness. There are overweight women I consider attractive (Tabria Majors, for example), but if I don’t find a woman attractive, overweight or not, it ain’t going anywhere.

Tabria Majors is very attractive :emoji_fire:

I had to tweak my post so what ICE CITY CF ICE CITY CF said was correct about what I was trying to ask. I was only trying to ask if someone wasn't your idealized shape but they checked all of your other personal boxes then how much leeway would you grant the person, especially when the thought is, atleast in this thread, that weight is something that can easily be fixed (in comparison to education, intelligence, etc.). I didn't realize that people factored weight AND shape into what they thought was beautiful. I don't believe majority of people do or being overweight would be a scarlet letter in society which is not the case.

On a separate note, I believe there is a difference between being overweight and being obese. I've only said overweight in all my posts and I think many are conflating my words to mean obese. All obese people are overweight but not all overweight people are obese.

Last edited:
I guess I understand your question but the same question could be raised about any of the other "attributes" you're talking about. Pretty much what tomdiginson tomdiginson was getting at.
If a girl meets your physical attractiveness level but isn't very smart, then how much leeway would you give her on her intelligence.

Interesting post.

she aint lying.gif

I guess I understand your question but the same question could be raised about any of the other "attributes" you're talking about. Pretty much what tomdiginson tomdiginson was getting at.
If a girl meets your physical attractiveness level but isn't very smart, then how much leeway would you give her on her intelligence.

I'm probably in the minority on NT for this but at this stage in my life I am willing to give far more leeway on what is classically considered attractive than I am on other "attributes".

I'm probably in the minority on NT for this but at this stage in my life I am willing to give far more leeway on what is classically considered attractive than I am on other "attributes".

paint a picture for us...give us real life examples if possible

classically considered attractive
paint a picture for us...give us real life examples if possible
I may have poorly phrased that in an attempt to get my point across. I was really just trying to saying that I would consider a yamb who may be considered "thick", "chubby", "overweight" long before I would be with someone boring or unintelligent :lol:

I personally would never shame a person for their weight. But at the same token I ain't trying to listen to no overweight person complain about various health issues or how they think society is mistreating them based on their weight. Miss me with that. At the end of the day we all gotta be accountable for the choices we make in life.

I personally would never shame a person for their weight. But at the same token I ain't trying to listen to no overweight person complain about various health issues or how they think society is mistreating them based on their weight. Miss me with that. At the end of the day we all gotta be accountable for the choices we make in life.

What would your responses be to everything DC brought up?

She Speaking Facts Or She Mad People Won’t Date Her? Big Chick Shaming Men For Having Dating Preferences

I'm not dating a fat girl. Chubby is unlikely and not completely ruled off, but I'm not dating a fat girl.

Back
Top Bottom