FAT Shaming

So the more I think about it, the more I believe the battle has already basically been decided before we are even conscious of there even being a battle.

I would say most of us don't even think about health until mid 20s? (some later).

By then, habits are already set.
Systemic issues (for some) for us to live anything BUT healthy.

So forreal, most of us have lost by time we are adults

And I honestly don't blame anyone for looking at it as an uphill battle that is
A. Improbably to climb
B. Not worth the time/effort

And just living in this country alone indirectly pressures you into NOT living a healthy lifestyle.

We don't learn how to eat in school. We are legit doomed from birth man

That isn't to say some of us CAN'T get on track and live "right" but it is hard man.
That isn't to say some of us CAN'T get on track and live "right" but it is hard man.
May you please expound on some of the habits that are instilled in folks as a result of systemic issues?

TO BE CLEAR - I’m not coming at your neck like everyone else on NT always does but I’m genuinely curious. I’m thinking of things like cheap fast food, sugary foods/snacks/drinks. IMO, if you don’t have money and need to penny pinch by eating cheap food, it’s usually not going to be good for you. It’s getting better but being health conscience and making sure you eat the “right” foods is actually expensive :lol:

Its sad when i see 12-13yr old kids that weigh as much, or maybe more than i do. I mean we are in the same weight class.
This post leaves a lot up for interpretation. One could read this as they are big kids or you’re a frail adult. The court wants to know
1617402464231.gif

So the more I think about it, the more I believe the battle has already basically been decided before we are even conscious of there even being a battle.

I would say most of us don't even think about health until mid 20s? (some later).

A. Improbable to climb

And just living in this country alone indirectly pressures you into NOT living a healthy lifestyle.

With all due respek, that's loser talk and you know it

A. Improbable to climb

Look at DC over here being rational.
1617403433440.gif

You’re right but at some point accountability comes into play

Up until whenever I posted that orange or bell people in the food thread. Maybe 2 or 3 weeks I ate a .5 gallon of blue bell's "christmas cookie" ice cream every week. My reason behind that was that it was limited and to see if i'd get fat.

storm2006 storm2006

You said it right.

The poorer your neighborhood, the less access you typically have to fresh/affordable food.

Take my neighborhood and surround area. We have 2 grocery stores that service 150K people. Food desert.

There are PLENTY of fast food options.

There are PLENTY of corner stores.

Public school lunches are super unhealthy.

We are taught/conditioned to be unhealthy.

So when I see kids on the Subway drinking Blue Hawaiian Punch while eating Takis/Hot CHeetos for breakfast, I get it.

You’re right but at some point accountability comes into play
I hear you man, everyone unfortunately isn't able to get right though. Sad reality.

Your body doesn't understand/comprehend "the struggle" but it is HARD to overdo decades of conditioning man.

Like I said, living in this country is a death sentence for many on MANY fronts.

With all due respek, that's loser talk and you know it
Nah, I know many people have plenty of environmental/social hurdles that prevent them from being in shape.

Again, like I said in the Carjacking thread, people LOVE looking at the effect without analyzing the cause.

So to just say, "That is loser" talk is wild as hell.

How can you mention winners/losers when the game is rigged?

May you please expound on some of the habits that are instilled in folks as a result of systemic issues?

TO BE CLEAR - I’m not coming at your neck like everyone else on NT always does but I’m genuinely curious. I’m thinking of things like cheap fast food, sugary foods/snacks/drinks. IMO, if you don’t have money and need to penny pinch by eating cheap food, it’s usually not going to be good for you. It’s getting better but being health conscience and making sure you eat the “right” foods is actually expensive :lol:

What also needs to be considered is the quality of the food that’s available. I live in a middle-class-ish neighborhood that’s mostly Black and Hispanic. The quality of produce at the local grocery store compared to those in majority white neighborhoods is like night and day. So even if you’re actively trying to do better it’s hard because that stuff you should be eating isn’t available in a convenient location.

The real kicker is corporations will swear up and down there’s no demand for fresh produce or healthier restaurants in these areas, but when one opens it’s jammed packed all the time.

A. Improbable to climb
i agree with everything you said but this part
your health is more important than anything in the world. there are no exceptions for anyone.
not everyone is expected to be in good shape but the very least is to be conscious about it.
im talking about adults. no adult has the luxury to just not care.

your health is more important than anything in the world. there are no exceptions for anyone.
not everyone is expected to be in good shape but the very least is to be conscious about it.
I agree but at the same time, I could see how someone who is just trying to make ends meet might not be as conscious about what they're putting into their body as long as they are getting something to eat. I hope this doesn't come off as smug but it's kind of like the saying "beggars can't be choosers". As I believe DC or someone else said earlier, I think there needs to be a push to provide low-cost healthy alternatives so folks without deep pockets or appropriate resources can eat well too.

Let me clear up my point jape jape

Yes, health is the most important thing for your physical well-being.

HOWEVER, if someone is FAT, Was Fat, and Believes they will forever will be FAT grew up in an environment where bad habits are practically in their DNA, I completely UNDERSTAND (not agree) if they look at it as "not worth it." I certainly do, why? If it were easy everyone would be in shape.

Let me clear up my point jape jape

Yes, health is the most important thing for your physical well-being.

HOWEVER, if someone is FAT, Was Fat, and Believes they will forever will be FAT grew up in an environment where bad habits are practically in their DNA, I completely UNDERSTAND (not agree) if they look at it as "not worth it." I certainly do, why? If it were easy everyone would be in shape.

ok i can understand that but at this day and age there shouldn't be anyone who doesn't know importance of health.
all info is accessible. i don't expect everyone to be in shape but at least be conscious of why they aren't in shape.
as an adult, this is inexcusable. no one lives in a fat bubble as an adult where they don't know their habits are hurting themselves. breaking these habits is a whole different story.

my main problem was with the notion "not worth the time and effort."
i don't understand this to be true for anyone.

ok i can understand that but at this day and age there shouldn't be anyone who doesn't know importance of health.
all info is accessible. i don't expect everyone to be in shape but at least be conscious of why they aren't in shape.
as an adult, this is inexcusable. no one lives in a fat bubble as an adult where they don't know their habits are hurting themselves. breaking these habits is a whole different story.
Yea I disagree with that.

All info IS accessible but what if you don't know that you don't know?

That is why Food Politics is a problem in this country.

The poorer an individual is the less likely they are even exposed to certain aspects of life that would even trigger them into LOOKING for that info.

"Knowing" isn't enough when the world around you is so contradictory to Eating Healthy.

“For the fat ppl of NT” made me laugh.
This sounded familiar. I didn't mean to offend anyone when I said that. Sometimes idk how to structure my phrases and they can read/sound harsh when that wasn't my intention.
My vegan food generally cost about the same as my regular. I'm wasn't aware of this until I started eating this way b/c I've been constantly told "it's more expensive" from ppl that didn't know what they were talking about. This is the case for many ppl.

Many ppl legit don't have time or resources to find prep & eat properly b/c they're preoccupied by other **** like work, kids, school, being poorm etc. so they "have" to go w/ convenience of only worrying about cutting their karrots. You need to realize that everyone isn't afforded the privilege you have. I recommend you do volunteer work in impoverished communities.

Back
Top Bottom