Father's Rights .....

Your natural biology also gives you the ability to think before you make a decision, lust and love or any emotion are only as powerful as you allow them to be.
no
why do u think folks get so mad they black out
and go on a rampage
folks come home see their significant other in bed
with someone else and just go crazy
all they see is red
theres been times i was mad as hell
and im my mind
i know i should calm down
but im so mad i couldnt help it
or even watching a movie
u know its fake and not real
but still get scared or cry or make u mad
those are things u cant help
and its just natural

now im sure yall significant others can handle things on their own
i know mine can
but when **** gets tough
they look to u
and as "the man"
its on u to toughen up
and get things done
without showing signs of weakness or emotion
Yea, that is just a different role the man usually takes on.

It isn't a harder role, it is just our role.

Just like there are things women have to do that we aren't being asked to do.

So things are just different man

What a well thought out answer. People are brutally honest and can't have a change of mind. Stop trying to make this a simple issue ....
But this is a simple issue, unless you don't care about your future enough to make it into a complex issue

Same way they tell young bucks not to point a gun at anything/anyone they wouldn't want to kill is the same way you should view your sexual partners.
So you married the love of your life had two beautiful kids that are in junior HS and your wife tells you she's having a third. You're a little stress because money is tight and another child is going to severely hinder your future financial plans. However, because she's the love of your life and because although is going to be tight you can manage you're happy and dont mention anything. Then, during a routine check up doctors warn you that the child is going to have down syndrome. Now, that expense is not only going to be higher than expected is going to hinder your current kids, and you guys present and future living conditions. You do not want to have the kid but she wants to and both of you guys are extremely set on this issue. Why cant a responsible father have a say so and not only jeopardize his life but his kids life?

It goes beyond your statement ...

no
why do u think folks get so mad they black out
and go on a rampage
folks come home see their significant other in bed
with someone else and just go crazy
all they see is red
theres been times i was mad as hell
and im my mind
i know i should calm down
but im so mad i couldnt help it
or even watching a movie
u know its fake and not real
but still get scared or cry or make u mad
those are things u cant help
and its just natural
Disagree, you can condition yourself to react to traumatic stimuli in a controlled manner.

So you married the love of your life had two beautiful kids that are in junior HS and your wife tells you she's having a third. You're a little stress because money is tight and another child is going to severely hinder your future financial plans. However, because she's the love of your life and because although is going to be tight you can manage you're happy and dont mention anything. Then, during a routine check up doctors warn you that the child is going to have down syndrome. Now, that expense is not only going to be higher than expected is going to hinder your current kids, and you guys present and future living conditions. You do not want to have the kid but she wants to and both of you guys are extremely set on this issue. Why cant a responsible father have a say so and not only jeopardize his life but his kids life?

Because you are not physically holding the child. It's really simple, as DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican said, "it's one of the natural laws". Until we start having children made in artificial wombs, the final say so in an unborn child's life will always be up to the person carrying the child.

women get the benefit of doubt maybe.
maybe eggs are more fragile than sperm despite technology.

a woman’s clock seems to be more important than a mans seed. in terms of age.
freezing them is great but younger women are better equipped. they assume men have more time if they are healthy.

maybe they assume women are more responsible to care for kids and raise them.

yea it just gets a little more complex discussing and discussing. who knows.

BC + condom + pull out if you're really that scared of this scenario happening.

soooo u have to condition urself now????
ur changing the argument
I'm not, you stated that it's natural to feel emotions and I countered by saying that it's also natural for a human to be able to rationally overcome those same emotions. It's like you don't understand your own argument.

But this is a simple issue, unless you don't care about your future enough to make it into a complex issue
So the issue is simple ...

Regardless of circumstances...

If you have sex with a female, "shut the **** up, you have no rights" if she conceives?

Does that even sound logical to you?????

SMH ...

whether she's a random, a girl friend, fiancee wife???

women get the benefit of doubt maybe.
maybe eggs are more fragile than sperm despite technology.
nah
our sperm gets attacked the moment they enter a womans body
our sperm is considered a foreign invader
our sperm are in a fight with a womans body to get to that egg

If you **** a female, shut the **** up you have no right if she conceives?

SMH ...

You keep acting like you have no choice. If you don't want the risk, don't go smashing.

SMH ...

u forgot the part
even though u have no say so
im gonna put u on child support
u better pay
or u gonna go to jail
and lose ur job
while in jail
and have no way to even pay

SMH ...
Well I have control over whether or not she will even have the option to conceive so yeah...

If I do hit it raw, it is 100% my responsibility to do so with a woman that I know I can communicate and reason with.

like what????
besides birthing the baby
if the childs father is there
its on him to make sure his fam straight
and SHOULD be
Why are you projecting, "Making sure the family is straight" as being a father exclusive responsibility/role?

Yes, I am not denying that the father is expected to be the protector of the family but there are other forms of protection that the mother USUALLY provides that we tend to not even deal with.

Emotional support
The nurturing aspect

Time spent with the child in those initial years/months.

Are you speaking from an unfavorable personal situation?

Like someone else said, the reason the man doesn't have an equal voice is because he is not carrying the child. Now my question is if the woman is having a convo with the man about possibility of childbirth and the man does not want a child then why carry his child?

Back
Top Bottom