Funkmaster Flex disses Jay-Z live on HOT 97 + Jay-Z buying HOT 97?

Tbh, Jay prolly won't give flex no more than a bar on a throwaway track.

And I don't blame him.

Would be fire if he flex bombed flex on a track tho

Not for nothing, X was one of the HARDEST things to come out of the whole NYC area. Its Dark... & Flesh of My Flesh... still get burn today.

50 had the subject matter and the grind similar to X but he had the ear of pop culture at the same time.

Now some people are starting to get it.  I had to step up to the plate myself and make it happen but I'll be dammed if I let the forum I love and help stake a claim in fall by wayside and be taken over by fraudulent members or fraudulent posts...........NOT ON MY SHIFT.  

Cam, Dipset and the rest of their clownish brigade couldn't drum up interest on their own account so they had to resort to try and throw rocks at the thrown, or try to throw shade at the sun...........meaning somebody or an entity that is shining or doing better than them.  With that being said folks that strategy simply is not going to work for them or more importantly YOU if you glorify or try to highlight such behavior.  Funk Flex will apologize for his actions soon enough, and Dipset and the rest of the Dipset brigade is too stupid to realize that they already lost.  
Its Dark... & Flesh of My Flesh... still get burn today.
That's great champ.  Let me know when the "It's Dark.....& Flesh of My Flesh" tour is underway.  I got my money right here and looking forward to it.  Just let me know.  

Now some people are starting to get it.  I had to step up to the plate myself and make it happen but I'll be dammed if I let the forum I love and help stake a claim in fall by wayside and be taken over by fraudulent members or fraudulent posts...........NOT ON MY SHIFT.  

Cam, Dipset and the rest of their clownish brigade couldn't drum up interest on their own account so they had to resort to try and throw rocks at the thrown, or try to throw shade at the sun...........meaning somebody or an entity that is shining or doing better than them.  With that being said folks that strategy simply is not going to work for them or more importantly YOU if you glorify or try to highlight such behavior.  Funk Flex will apologize for his actions soon enough, and Dipset and the rest of the Dipset brigade is too stupid to realize that they already lost.  

Its Dark...

That's great champ.  Let me know when the "It's Dark.....& Flesh of My Flesh" tour is underway.  I got my money right here and looking forward to it.  Just let me know.  
On some real ****
U REALLY think jay the best???
Like seriously I'm a be straight up
Can u give me a good argument without throwing shots
On why u think jay is better than nas and dmx

- said nobody ever

Said a lot of people about X at one point in time.

When X dropped Flesh of My Flesh Blood of My blood, It's Dark & Hell is Hot & ....And Then There Was X is Hot he was even bigger than Hov.

Sure Hov dropped Vol. 2....Hard Knock Life in 98, and it did a little better than It's Dark & Hell is Hot & .....And Then There was X, and quite a bit better than FOMFBOMB. But make no mistake, X dominated the late 90s overall.

At that point in time, Hov wasn't nearly as big as he was now and X definitely had a bigger buzz. Most cats definitely felt he was better than Hov at the time, facts.

Times change though and the industry chewed X up and spit him out.

And if you actually take X's 3 top selling albums and add them up, 5 mill, 4.7 mill, 3 (FOMFBOMB, IDAHIH, ATTWX) mill they actually outsold Hov's top 3 selling albums at 5.4, 3.4, 3.1......(Vol 2, Vol 3, Black Album) by a total of 800,000 copies.

Obviously Hov's total discography sold more copies overall than X's total discography, but still interesting nonetheless.

X at his best was something else.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_hip_hop_albums_in_the_United_States

I'm confused about why this whole clusterf**k is predicated on a Dipset "reunion"? Didn't they put out that "Salute" song a few years ago that was apparently the announcement of their reconciliation? Are they just trying to recycle the "reunion" theme to promote the tour? 

As a huge Dip Set fan, it is really sad/pathetic to see what dudes in their 40's are doing to try to stay relevant, about 9 years (minimum) after anyone cared. 

I don't think this is for attention or to stay relevant. Cam already said he's releasing one album and he's retiring. He's making more money doing other projects than selling music he said. Cam and Jim just don't like Jay, they've always thrown little shots at Jay.

welp......

YOOOOOOOO! The reason why Funkmaster Flex is heated has become apparent. It seems like Jay Z is looking to buy Hot 97 with a crew of investors. Originally we thought it was because of some Dipset sort of beef, but no. We had heard there were jokes and innuendoes about this Jay buying Hot but MediaTakeOut is saying it is true.

According to a ROCK SOLID SOURCE – Shawn “Jay Z” Carter along with a group of investors that includes NY Knicks star Carmelo Anthony are currently NEGOTIATING TO BUY Hot 97 radio station. Talks are still early, but we’re told that both sides have HIRED LAWYERS and INVESTMENT BANKERS – and are serious in getting a deal done.
Wow – this is going to be BIG NEWS for the city of New York. We guess Funkmaster Flex doesn’t like the idea of J**** owning the station . . .

http://allhiphop.com/2015/01/18/jay-z-is-buying-hot-97/

Hot 97 is crashing so they would have to clean house.

Streaming apps and sites are much bigger. I don't understand this move. It's gotta be just gossip. Radio is dying quick.

This is great news. Jay Z is possibly about to buy Hot 97, Flex is about to apologize for his recent mistakes as he begins to plan an early retirement for himself, and Camron is about to be out of the music industry.

Although some would argue that Cam's been out of the industry for quite some time. Thus leaving Dipset and the rest of the clowns unable to spark up enough interest for a reunion tour. Truly exciting times in hip hop. I love it!!

Jim Jones will be alright, all that money from that Vamp Life entire he built. Flex is still eating off that Lugz Driving Shoe money, these dudes are winning.

laugh.gif

Been sitting here so confused on why flex was saying all of this now and practically just doing it out the blue looking very silly. There's the reason..

Back
Top Bottom