Got a little scurred tonight

Originally Posted by Storm2006

Originally Posted by novaflight

I got hit up for something like this on craiglist. Got me for 7 bills. In my desperation for a car, I was blinded by all the shady signs right in front of my face.
Let me add, this was not no goons "give me your money" type joint. Dude was a professional con-man and I handed the money over to him. I had a huge bowl of stupidity that morning. 
laugh.gif

Hindsight is 20/20 though.

Glad you and your fam are safe OP.
What happened?

So were they going to take you to a bank and make you withdraw the money? Have you write them a personal check? Or did they just assume you had the cash on you or at your crib? And most importantly did you ACTUALLY bring cash with you?
Nah this wasn't no tough guy type deal. Dude was nice. It was one of them joints you see on 20/20 type deals where the nice guy be gettin bammas for their retirement penchant. I had 1400 and gave dude half because the car was not in the condition it was pictured. We took it to a shop of "a guy he knows" who conveniently wasn't there and told me he would deduct the bill out of what I owed him. The car looked like it needed more than $700 worth of work done so I though I was getting a deal. So I gave him the $700 and he gave me the title. Couple days later I found out he never came back to pay the guy for fixing the car, the title was not in his name(not reported stolen though) and I could hardly get in contact with him. 
There is waaaayyyyy more to this story but I have no time to type all that $%* out. 
laugh.gif

Oh and before anybody asks why did I not come after dude? I later found out dude had goons and he had my address. I had his but it turned out it was fake. I was living with my family at the time and I was not about to bring no drama where my fam sleep over $700.

Originally Posted by SoleWoman

"boxing the air?"

am i the only one painting visuals and snickering a bit...?

laugh.gif

glad yall ok though op.
At first I thought I had been the only one who saw this, but my mom confirmed that he was actually doing that.
Thanks for the support NT!

Back
Top Bottom