How do you respond to Road Rage

Using the left for passing is not a thing in NYC you know that. We need all the space we can use.
True, but in my driving experience mostly drivers here have honored the left for passing when possible. This excludes rush hour traffic ofcourse.

On a separate note, I tend to drive mainly in the middle lane. Not too slow not too fast & I don't have to worry constantly about drivers behind me wanting to pass. I've also noticed sometimes the slow lane to have the fastest traffic in it. Mainly I've seen this on the LIE after you clear exit 33.

Slow/bus lane is for amateur, new and timid drivers…

Left lane is for the speedsters but again, it just goes to show how much stuff isn’t being taught these days but that’s modern society for you.

That truck was purposely trying to block dude. It’s clear as day. Then he sped up when dude got around? Again, initially the dude who wrecked wasn’t in the wrong because I’m guessing he thought the truck would move over. He WAS 100% wrong for jumping on the shoulder like that though, which negated any empathy. At the point he endangered himself and everyone nearby. But that truck driving dude was being combative on purpose. The dude who wrecked is 100% at fault but, I probably would’ve waited for an opening because he eventually would’ve gotten around the truck.

It’s all unfortunate

Last edited:
In NY, the left lane is commonly known as the fast lane, as opposed to the passing lane. In NJ though you can be doing 80mph on the left lane, and some a-hole wanting to do 95 will run up behind you, flashing lights, tailgating, and beeping the horn for you to pass for them. I’ll stay my a** right on the left lane, and wait for the pissed off dude to just pass me. Love it when they try to look at my direction while passing me, only to be met with my 10% tint.

Had someone brake check me for the first time yesterday and I wanted to go GTA on him so I kinda understand road rage now :lol: I’m usually not like that at all
I was driving straight and dude took a late right on red that made me slow down a lot, so I honked and he braked checked me and slowed down

In NY, the left lane is commonly known as the fast lane, as opposed to the passing lane. In NJ though you can be doing 80mph on the left lane, and some a-hole wanting to do 95 will run up behind you, flashing lights, tailgating, and beeping the horn for you to pass for them. I’ll stay my a** right on the left lane, and wait for the pissed off dude to just pass me. Love it when they try to look at my direction while passing me, only to be met with my 10% tint.
Why would you consider them an ahole? Just because they're driving faster than you :lol:

I drove up from Florida this week and had a guy flash his lights at me when I passed him on the right. :rofl: Nobody in front of either one of us yet he was upset for some reason because he was scared to run 90 and thought he was doing riding 80 in the left lane with nothing in front of him. People are strange I tell you

Why would you consider them an ahole? Just because they're driving faster than you :lol:

I drove up from Florida this week and had a guy flash his lights at me when I passed him on the right. :rofl: Nobody in front of either one of us yet he was upset for some reason because he was scared to run 90 and thought he was doing riding 80 in the left lane with nothing in front of him. People are strange I tell you
Yea, I think you misinterpreted my post. I was referring to the drivers flashing their lights, tailgating, and beeping the horn expecting you to move FOR them.

Yea, I think you misinterpreted my post. I was referring to the drivers flashing their lights, tailgating, and beeping the horn expecting you to move FOR them.
If you're driving slower than them in the left lane of course they expect you move. Isn't it a law that slower traffic should keep to the right anyway?

If you're driving slower than them in the left lane of course they expect you move. Isn't it a law that slower traffic should keep to the right anyway?
Not in NY. Left lane is known as fast lane, not passing. We pass them slow drivers on the right and carry on with our day.

You can tell in 50 yards if the driver won’t move. Don’t have time to wait. Ones that do turn right I always whisper thx homie
A lot of dudes get like the guy in the truck. Won't move they slower moving self out the way but then want to drive fast when you go around them.

Not in NY. Left lane is known as fast lane, not passing. We pass them slow drivers on the right and carry on with our day.

what do you think is the point of having a "fast lane" other than allowing people to pass the drivers going slower than them?

what do you think is the point of having a "fast lane" other than allowing people to pass the drivers going slower than them?
In downstate Ny, the left lane is used like any of the other lanes. To much congestion for it to be used only as a passing lane.

A slow person.
Wild how doing 85 mph (as referenced in my post above) is slow. If that’s too slow for some of ya, than just pass on the right. Not sure what part of ny you from, but in nyc and Long Island, passing from right is the norm.

Back
Top Bottom