I JUST MET GENTRY!!!!!!! no pics - INFO!!!!

interesting info about the nike air on the back. and jordan is sign until 2023? i never knew that, good info and congrats

Good info...I can't believe no one asked him what the color ways for the Countdown XI & XII would be....
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by blackiceblaze

I asked if there was ever a possibility of Nike Air on a Jordan, and he said he respects collectors, but theyre working with the idea in the countdown package.
Any major player care to elaborate on this?

Thanks for the info blackiceblaze...

'You wish bro. If I can get in a conference room and argue with the CEO of a Fortune 500 company over the terms of my client's acquisition of hiscompany, I can certainly get in a room with Gentry "The Hypocrite" Humpbank Whale and lay into him about how he turned a company that defined whatexcellence means into a company that defines what following trends means. Trust me, I've got the questiosn ready to go. "

That sounds like the Hov I know
laugh.gif

thanks a lot for the info. maybe you already answered this, but were the black I's you saw mid-cut? it saddens me to think we might never get the truehigh-cut I's back.

hah in 2023 MJ is a shoe free agent, bet adidas will make a huge move on him then

He said he stopped posting on nt cuz the ppl on here was frustrating him..lol...so he was basically like.."let me get off of here"..but he said his advisors check nt everyday and tell him what we say
Well, advisers, pass this along to your boy. You can't have your cake & eat it too. On one hand yousay that you didn't grow to a $180 million from a $70 million operation by catering to the needs of the few and you answer to the investors, not theinternet. You then say that you "respect the OG collectors" & want to keep certain shoes special. Which one is it? You certainly didn'tincrease the brand $110 off the backs of OG collectors alone, so why are you so loyal to them?

You need to reach a comprimise & the countdown packs are the starting point. Everyone knows Jordan Brand'sreputation in their field. There's no need to remind us anymore. A retro of an original colorway is something that's very important, especially topeople who've been buying and WEARING your shoes for the last decade. Either do it right or don't do it at all. If a retro came with Nike Air, plasticwings, a red pull tab, a clear sole with a bluish tint to it, then that's what we should get the next time around.

Do whatever you please with any & all retro+ releases. You can Flip the print, Do the Right Thing, burn it with alaser, whatever you want, including a Jumpman on the back. But if you're reproducing a product, replicate it like a craftsman. If Mike were going to tellus a story about hitting 6 three-pointers in one half, ethering Ehlo in Cleveland or the takeoff from the free throw line, I would guess that he wouldn'thalf*!$% it. Why not take the same approach to the shoes he wore while he was creating that history in the first place.

Originally Posted by d e beatup

Well, advisers, pass this along to your boy. You can't have your cake & eat it too. On one hand you say that you didn't grow to a $180 million from a $70 million operation by catering to the needs of the few and you answer to the investors, not the internet. You then say that you "respect the OG collectors" & want to keep certain shoes special. Which one is it? You certainly didn't increase the brand $110 off the backs of OG collectors alone, so why are you so loyal to them?

You need to reach a comprimise & the countdown packs are the starting point. Everyone knows Jordan Brand's reputation in their field. There's no need to remind us anymore. A retro of an original colorway is something that's very important, especially to people who've been buying and WEARING your shoes for the last decade. Either do it right or don't do it at all. If a retro came with Nike Air, plastic wings, a red pull tab, a clear sole with a bluish tint to it, then that's what we should get the next time around.

Do whatever you please with any & all retro+ releases. You can Flip the print, Do the Right Thing, burn it with a laser, whatever you want, including a Jumpman on the back. But if you're reproducing a product, replicate it like a craftsman. If Mike were going to tell us a story about hitting 6 three-pointers in one half, ethering Ehlo in Cleveland or the takeoff from the free throw line, I would guess that he wouldn't half*!$% it. Why not take the same approach to the shoes he wore while he was creating that history in the first place.

Well said, Sir.

Nice information, thats awesome that you got to meet Gentry and speak with him (even if some of the things he has done we as a community disagree with). Buthe has done a lot for the Brand and deserves his credit.

Also d e beatup your post was awesome man, really on point

d e beatup-- yeah, well said.

Gentry is largely responsible for turning JB into the opposite of what it is intended to stand for, period. A luxury, forward-thinking brand as timeless as theathlete who drove the shoes has cut corners, overcharged, executed products with poor craftsmenship, and proven that it doesn't care about attention todetail, repect, authenticity, creativity, or its loyal consumers. Recognize some of those words on the tongues of the XX1? That's the irony here.

Well, advisers, pass this along to your boy. You can't have your cake & eat it too. On one hand you say that youdidn't grow to a $180 million from a $70 million operation by catering to the needs of the few and you answer to the investors, not the internet. You thensay that you "respect the OG collectors" & want to keep certain shoes special. Which one is it? You certainly didn't increase the brand $110off the backs of OG collectors alone, so why are you so loyal to them?

You need to reach a comprimise & the countdown packs are the starting point. Everyone knows Jordan Brand's reputationin their field. There's no need to remind us anymore. A retro of an original colorway is something that's very important, especially to peoplewho've been buying and WEARING your shoes for the last decade. Either do it right or don't do it at all. If a retro came with Nike Air, plastic wings,a red pull tab, a clear sole with a bluish tint to it, then that's what we should get the next time around.

Do whatever you please with any & all retro+ releases. You can Flip the print, Do the Right Thing, burn it with a laser,whatever you want, including a Jumpman on the back. But if you're reproducing a product, replicate it like a craftsman. If Mike were going to tell us astory about hitting 6 three-pointers in one half, ethering Ehlo in Cleveland or the takeoff from the free throw line, I would guess that he wouldn'thalf*!$% it. Why not take the same approach to the shoes he wore while he was creating that history in the first place.

You made good points but bottom line Jordan Brand is a business, Along with a business you want to establish yourself. Gentry,Jordan & all the rest ofJordan Brand are about building their business I don't care what they say on the sneaker boxes,press conference or career day about collectors and beingtrue and all that politically correct words that they use, Bottom line they have to keep the brand going for years to come, as for following trends, that goeswith out saying Michael Jordan isn't playing anymore when people bought Air Jordans in the 80's and a large part of the 90's Mike was still on thecourt so people were still associating the sneakers with him. Since Jordan has retired and the Fact that Jordan Brand really doesn't advertise it'sathletes on television as much they should how can the newer generation follow any Jordan Brand athlete. So I think is would be smart to follow the newgeneration trends because if they didn't Jordan Brand couldn't last another 20 years (what are they going to do keep retroeing the Jordan 11 &Jordan 4) As for recreating history, the newer Jordan Collectors are not thinking "Oh gotta get those Black/White 12's because Jordan won the NBAChampionship in 1997 when I was 4 years old and he wore those" The people that have grown up in that era are like 25 years old or better. Most (not all)should have gone on with their other priorites in their life. Jordan Brand knows that and that's why they are appealing to a new age. (smart business move)Appeal to the majority.

Originally Posted by Peay21

Well, advisers, pass this along to your boy. You can't have your cake & eat it too. On one hand you say that you didn't grow to a $180 million from a $70 million operation by catering to the needs of the few and you answer to the investors, not the internet. You then say that you "respect the OG collectors" & want to keep certain shoes special. Which one is it? You certainly didn't increase the brand $110 off the backs of OG collectors alone, so why are you so loyal to them?

You need to reach a comprimise & the countdown packs are the starting point. Everyone knows Jordan Brand's reputation in their field. There's no need to remind us anymore. A retro of an original colorway is something that's very important, especially to people who've been buying and WEARING your shoes for the last decade. Either do it right or don't do it at all. If a retro came with Nike Air, plastic wings, a red pull tab, a clear sole with a bluish tint to it, then that's what we should get the next time around.

Do whatever you please with any & all retro+ releases. You can Flip the print, Do the Right Thing, burn it with a laser, whatever you want, including a Jumpman on the back. But if you're reproducing a product, replicate it like a craftsman. If Mike were going to tell us a story about hitting 6 three-pointers in one half, ethering Ehlo in Cleveland or the takeoff from the free throw line, I would guess that he wouldn't half*!$% it. Why not take the same approach to the shoes he wore while he was creating that history in the first place.

You made good points but bottom line Jordan Brand is a business, Along with a business you want to establish yourself. Gentry,Jordan & all the rest of Jordan Brand are about building their business I don't care what they say on the sneaker boxes,press conference or career day about collectors and being true and all that politically correct words that they use, Bottom line they have to keep the brand going for years to come, as for following trends, that goes with out saying Michael Jordan isn't playing anymore when people bought Air Jordans in the 80's and a large part of the 90's Mike was still on the court so people were still associating the sneakers with him. Since Jordan has retired and the Fact that Jordan Brand really doesn't advertise it's athletes on television as much as they should how can the newer generation follow any Jordan Brand athlete. So I think is would be smart to follow the new generation trends because if they didn't Jordan Brand couldn't last another 20 years (what are they going to do keep retroeing the Jordan 11 & Jordan 4) As for recreating history, the newer Jordan Collectors are not thinking "Oh gotta get those Black/White 12's because Jordan wore them in NBA Championship in 1997 when I was 4 years old" The people that have grown up in that era are like 25 years old or better. Most (not all) should have gone on with their other priorites in their life. Jordan Brand knows that and that's why they are appealing to a new age. (smart business move) Appeal to the majority.

Originally Posted by d e beatup

He said he stopped posting on nt cuz the ppl on here was frustrating him..lol...so he was basically like.."let me get off of here"..but he said his advisors check nt everyday and tell him what we say

Very Well Said. And I agree and have always said, If a shoe was made with Nike Air, Thats what it should always be. Replacing Nike Air with ajumpman on the III-VI is like adding Nike Air on the Back of the X's instead of the Jumpman, it would look stupid.

Maybe I'm missing something, but does anyone else find it funny that he signs his name with a "23"?

Ya'll talking about what he should have said but if any of ya'll would have met him ya'll would have froze up and said nothing. Very few peoplewould have had the courage to call him out. I wish the people on here that diss Gentry was given a year to do what they want with Jordan Brand. I guaranteethat 90% of ya'll would cause JB to go bankrupt. You people no nothing about running a business.

Originally Posted by jefffort5

BabyJordan0312?

eek.gif

Back
Top Bottom