I JUST MET GENTRY!!!!!!! no pics - INFO!!!!

Whoever they are, They aren't relaying the proper messages...On some yes men type stuff.

Or else a lot of the BS that's out now would never exist.

This was a good story...Did you hear about any of the clothing?? I remember reading in the 08 JB magazine that there are going to be 3 colorways for the23's....any news on that?

Originally Posted by reggie2k8

Ya'll talking about what he should have said but if any of ya'll would have met him ya'll would have froze up and said nothing. Very few people would have had the courage to call him out. I wish the people on here that diss Gentry was given a year to do what they want with Jordan Brand. I guarantee that 90% of ya'll would cause JB to go bankrupt. You people no nothing about running a business.

I think you mean more like 98% . Alot of people think they know it all because they work at Footlocker and could do a way better job but there is a reasonthey are working at McDonalds and not JB... HAHAHA!!!
roll.gif
roll.gif

If they KNEW what they were talking about then they WOULD be working in the industry already, not posting on a message board saying how they would make thecompany the greatest it's ever been!!!

no, Snuggles is white. He has a myspace wearing a full zip hoody with very light skinned hands

nice to know....thanks for the info...and one of the first rules in business is to leave the customers wanting more. Businesses give their customers what theywant but they dont fully satisfy them so that next time JB releases shoes with Nike Air on the back, they will be hyped and more people buy....

Originally Posted by Peay21

Originally Posted by Peay21

Well, advisers, pass this along to your boy. You can't have your cake & eat it too. On one hand you say that you didn't grow to a $180 million from a $70 million operation by catering to the needs of the few and you answer to the investors, not the internet. You then say that you "respect the OG collectors" & want to keep certain shoes special. Which one is it? You certainly didn't increase the brand $110 off the backs of OG collectors alone, so why are you so loyal to them?

You need to reach a comprimise & the countdown packs are the starting point. Everyone knows Jordan Brand's reputation in their field. There's no need to remind us anymore. A retro of an original colorway is something that's very important, especially to people who've been buying and WEARING your shoes for the last decade. Either do it right or don't do it at all. If a retro came with Nike Air, plastic wings, a red pull tab, a clear sole with a bluish tint to it, then that's what we should get the next time around.

Do whatever you please with any & all retro+ releases. You can Flip the print, Do the Right Thing, burn it with a laser, whatever you want, including a Jumpman on the back. But if you're reproducing a product, replicate it like a craftsman. If Mike were going to tell us a story about hitting 6 three-pointers in one half, ethering Ehlo in Cleveland or the takeoff from the free throw line, I would guess that he wouldn't half*!$% it. Why not take the same approach to the shoes he wore while he was creating that history in the first place.

You made good points but bottom line Jordan Brand is a business, Along with a business you want to establish yourself. Gentry,Jordan & all the rest of Jordan Brand are about building their business I don't care what they say on the sneaker boxes,press conference or career day about collectors and being true and all that politically correct words that they use, Bottom line they have to keep the brand going for years to come, as for following trends, that goes with out saying Michael Jordan isn't playing anymore when people bought Air Jordans in the 80's and a large part of the 90's Mike was still on the court so people were still associating the sneakers with him. Since Jordan has retired and the Fact that Jordan Brand really doesn't advertise it's athletes on television as much as they should how can the newer generation follow any Jordan Brand athlete. So I think is would be smart to follow the new generation trends because if they didn't Jordan Brand couldn't last another 20 years (what are they going to do keep retroeing the Jordan 11 & Jordan 4) As for recreating history, the newer Jordan Collectors are not thinking "Oh gotta get those Black/White 12's because Jordan wore them in NBA Championship in 1997 when I was 4 years old" The people that have grown up in that era are like 25 years old or better. Most (not all) should have gone on with their other priorites in their life. Jordan Brand knows that and that's why they are appealing to a new age. (smart business move) Appeal to the majority.
JB does not have to think that hard or research or come up with some grand marketing push to sell retros. Selling retros does not make them businessgeniuses. Retros sell themselves. All JB has to do is keep them rolling out. Limit the more risky colorways to minimize a potential loss (genius idea tolimit the grapes). Keeping Nike Air on og colorways for, what, 4 of the 22 models would not have broken this company. I will not give JB credit for beingable to sell half+*%% reproductions of arguably the most popular footwear, especially culturally, ever created.

I give them credit for keeping the company going beyond retros. I will never underestimate the business sense and smarts of those running JB. But truth betold, MJ and Tinker did all of the work to keep them around for a while. It's up to this current regime to not let it sink.

Did he allow pictures to be taken, when presenting??..
I would guess not, considering he did show the xx3( which Im surprised about)....

I'm glad you don't listen to users of Niketalk. Thanks for the good work
SMH at u.

if you look behind the guy in the marron/grey jordan jacket, thats me ...the mexican guy w/ glasses and teal hat ...i was rockin grapes
laugh.gif

If you look behind the kid with the blue sweater ... u can see part of my shoulder and some of my ear.

that was the chance for you to say ''hey why do you put out all these ugly sneakers and disgrace the jordan legacy''.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by HOVKid

My exact words "I'm glad you don't listen to users of Niketalk. Thanks for the good work"

You ought to be ashamed of yourself. If I met Gentry I would have a field day on that guy.

Yeah right. He'll just ignore you and then leave earlier, prompting people to get pissed off at you.

JR5

Originally Posted by JRose5

Originally Posted by HOVKid

My exact words "I'm glad you don't listen to users of Niketalk. Thanks for the good work"

You ought to be ashamed of yourself. If I met Gentry I would have a field day on that guy.
Yeah right. He'll just ignore you and then leave earlier, prompting people to get pissed off at you.

JR5
exactly. plus he doesn't care what you think. ACTIONS speak louder than words.

Back
Top Bottom