I JUST MET GENTRY!!!!!!! no pics - INFO!!!!

If I met gentry, I would ask him who the hell approved that dead serious jordan brand hoody

roll.gif

Originally Posted by RockDeep

I seriously think HOV would crumble and ask simple questions and not ask anything abrasive.

First it would be stupid to do so. Next... everyone wants to blame Gentry for a Tinker design? Thats just odd... Tinker worked on these for TWO years. Thats double the time all other designers get for MULTIPLE releases of a shoe.

Next, how come MJ doesn't get blame for oking a shoe bearing his signature and name? He IS the one who says yes or no to it... remember?

For all those complaining ABOUT the XX3... I am still wondering.. What WAS it supposed to look like?

I agree, all these people saying... why didn't you let him have it are all full of crap. If they were standing in front of him they wouldn't popoff like they say they would.
They don't get it Rock, they don;t get how companies work. They think just because Gentry "runs" the companythat he single handedly does everything himself. They think he designs the shoes, picks the colorways and approves everything to go out the door HIMSELF, whichyou and I know ISN'T the case... Trying to explain it to them is like beating a dead horse, they don't listen and feel like they have to blame someoneso Gentry takes the fall.

No matter WHAT the XX3 looked like people would STILL be complaining about it. It doesn't look like any of the other 22 shoes and it's not supposed to.Each year the shoe needs to be FRESH and DIFFERENT. Yeah you don;t get it yet and complain about it because it is NEW TO YOU!!! It's just like most of thetime when a car company changes the design of a model, you are so used to the old one that you don't like the new one, you think it's ugly and then themore and more you see it it grows on you and you realize they were ahead of their time because other companies start to follow them.

Gentry was telling us is that they didnt become a 70 million dollar company to a 180+ million dollar company just by trying to please OG collectors. At the end of the day the brand is a business, and he has to answer to certain investors who see numbers, not shoe collectors who see just the shoes.
This is EXACTLY my point. They lead the shoe game and they lead it for a reason... I know a lot of you out there think you know better then thembut THEY KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING!!! They are in business to MAKE MONEY and they are making alot of it right now and I believe they will continue to grow. Whatyou have to remember is that their retros that you all are happy about and beast over are just a drop in the bucket of what the rest of their products make interms of revenue. You might hate the Team shoes but the "general public" eats that stuff up. Stuff will sell just because it has the Jumpman on it.You don't normally see 50yr men rockin retros but I see them ALL THE TIME wearing Team gear and those are the people with money that are gonna buy theirkids JB products as well just because it's JB.

Originally Posted by Random 79

Hey thanks for the info, sounds cool.
how about going through your post and editing it and making a list of stuff instead of a huge jumbled up bunch of info... If you could take the time to edit it and make it into a list and have stuff spaced out that would be helpful to alot of people on here...
How about ppl just do a little reading. If you cannot make sense of this "jumble" it may be indicative of a larger problem.

If you read the ORIGINAL POST he made BEFORE he edited it, you'd know WHY I made that comment!!!! He DID EDIT it and it makes ALOT more sense and iseasier for people to read now. I read it and completely understood it but I was TRYING to help OTHER PEOPLE out!!! So before you pop off make sure you knowwhat you're talking about!!!

I always wonder why people trip about the "Nike Air" thing when he has said in so many interviews it is out of respect for collectors, to keep theOG's special. I am sure he was thrilled with that question, like he hasnt heard it a million times.

Cool story though.

He also spoke about how they try and stop fakes from getting to the public..and how he was over speaking to the chinese government and they were basicallytelling him that they couldn't do anything about it...and while he was there a fake manufacturing shop had burned down and they was kinda loking at himfunny.....he said his fav shoe was the retro 11, maily because when they introduced it into to focus groups 95% of the people hated it..he said there exactwords were" take that shiny shhh off of there," and how mike wanted patent leather on the jordan 9s. He said the worst project was the 16s because itseems as though everybody wanted something different and he said sometimes the group wouldn't even speak to each other at sometimes, it was very intense.AND he also use to post on nt a couple of years ago...now he doesn't even look at it

And he spoke about websites like pickyourshoes.com and air-randy, and other websites that have the shoes before they release and overpirce them, and he really didnt like how they overprice the shoes, etc.

eyes.gif
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
alien.gif
@ Gentry for saying that...like Jordans dont cost 140+ on aregualar basis. COUNTDOWN PACKS: $310 fam..
AND he also use to post on nt a couple of years ago...now he doesn't even look at it
roll.gif

The only good news for me was the possibility of Nike Air Coming Back. III, IV, V, and VI packs would not be bought without Nike Air. Period. More for yall ifno Nike Air.

It is unspoken language that NIKE/ JORDAN owe the "sneaker collectors' some, and should release a 'representation' of history and MJ.They've done so, but it'll never please anybody. But I'm sure JB and NIKE knows. If the crap retros are crap, it'll correct it self.They'll sit on the shelf and they won't sell. It'll saturate and people won't care. They have alternatives.

---

Thanks for the supper!
laugh.gif

actually, it looks like suppoer. I'm not seeing a "t"
I believe dude met him. I just can't believe this dude can't spell "support".

-J-

Originally Posted by DaBuddhaWitJays

Now, lets just hope what you said about that "Nike Air" return is true.
wink.gif
i hope so too,

also you should of asked him how the carmines were going to look

Originally Posted by sonofair23

Wow, i feel like i just came back from the grave. Niketalk has been revamped. Nice story, wish i could have seen the PE 8's.
my feelings exactly...it's like were back to 03/04 before the useless posts and eeryone being a sneakerhead. the days of ekins who would tell usstraight and not give clues. i love the clues because at least we eventually get info, but we would have real info sooooo far in advance. it's funny howsuch a little post kind of brings nt a little closer again...imo.

He said he stopped posting on nt cuz the ppl on here was frustrating him..lol...so he was basically like.."let me get off of here"..but he said hisadvisors check nt everyday and tell him what we say

Back
Top Bottom