Introducing the XX3 Limited eddition (1 pic)

I tried to tell some of you a jillion days ago. Some would like it, but there would be aspects of the shoe that make you just think (why?) It doesn't do itfor me with any of the Print stuff, but to me, with the XX3 being this shoe, it makes you look forward to all the other good stuff coming out of Jordan thisyear.

I really like these and of course they would be the limited colorway... I will settle for the blk/red when they come around, but dammit these new models withthese steep price tags have no history behind them. I'll pay $200 and up for shoes I remember releasing or whatever, but from the 17 until now I have notbought a single model on or near RD or paid retail for any of them. I might have to crumble with these XX3s, but it's a long hard road out of HELL...
ohwell.gif

The white/black/red colorway with the M's is OD but I have to get that colorway in every new J so copped.

The limited colorway is much better than I was expecting and I would cop (they are really nice), but I can't roll with the hype kids and limited andwaiting on line or whatever other bs. (F U Gentry for a limited latest sig shoe)

The black/red colorway is definitely getting copped.

All in all, I give it up to the Air Jordan. It had a womnderful run and kept me interested for 21 years (I've only been down since the III's came outin 8th Grade). Too bad the company is turning into @!*#, but I can't tell you how excited I am to walk into a store and walk out with the last pair ofreal Air Jordans there will ever be.

The same people screaming about how bad the Spiz'ikes and Dubs are, are saying these look great? Are you serious? This is trash, horrible, disgusting, etc.This is crazy.

im not sure if im feeling those or not..

i think its just these photos. if i saw these pictures before the unedited ones, i wudve said
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

i guess i have to wait til i see em up close.. looks promising though.

DTRT- While i do agree these are weak... your avy has the ice blue VIII and the obsidian VIII so ur opinion doesnt count.
laugh.gif

Basically we are getting updated XIII?
The Black colorway and the limited are nice, but as has been said- the print on the upper is WACK!
Lets not even talk about those White/black-red...
sick.gif

To me the only model that is ruined by the stitching is the white/black/red. Since when do we need to flaunt MJ's name like on a Louis Vuitton bag? Thecontrast is too much. The other 2 however, the stitching adds a handmade feel to the shoe, and it feels a little more subtle.

The reason those photoshops with the stitching removed look good is because the side panel still has some texture to it, if they had just made the whole panelblank leather or nubuck or something you guys KNOW they'd look boring and you all would complain.

If everyone liked simplicity like they say they do, the XVIII would be everyone's grails here.

I like the plain look as well, but why can't the thread color be the same as the leather panel?
The hand-ticking is a good unique quality that this shoe has, I agree with that. If it were camouflaged (by being the same color), there would be something tolook for when you see it up close for the first time.
Also, that leather looks SO fine. I'd be afraid to get that sweet, supple leather scratched.
laugh.gif

What justifies the $230 price tag? Can somebody help me? Is it $45 more just because it's limited. The best is the black/red/white with the mj's allover it. If that was on the blue ones they would be soo crazy.

I really like the shoe..wish i had a chance to cop though..but the other two colors will b copped..

those are sick. when i heard of another university blue colorway i thought it was gonna be some whack white shoe with a little bit of blue. but this turned outmuch better then i expected and i really like them.

where exactly are these being released? Is it niketown only or top 23 JB Accounts? I keep hearing both stories.

I refrain from drawing comparisons of the XX3's to previous models in the line, but they do bear the characteristics and attributes of what an Air Jordanshoe should have. The details on these are so precise and they have that classy, smooth, sharp look to them from up close. Yet from a far, the pattern shows adistinct shoe like no other. It has that "first and last row of a theater production" appearance (phrase taken from Tinker).

Seriously, what did you expect for the XX3? A generic-looking basketball shoe? Another shoe reminiscent of the XI, XIII or III with cement or patent toe?Although the first overall impression of these was non-receptive, it has taken bolder moves to try something different:

- Nike considered design
- Jordan's actual thumb print outsole
- Michael Jordan or "MJ" signature (I'm guessing they have been holding it back for the XX3's, since it was on the inside tongue of theinitial prototype for the XX1- red suede but dropped it in production)
- Included more stitching to refine detail, since the XX2 (I believe somewhere I read some parts were hand-sewn?)
- First three models (That we have seen so far) have different uppers designs.
- 'Dress shoe' and not a basketball shoe type of appeal

It was so meticulously planned to include these design cues in the XX3 that it can only be fitting to celebrate 23 years of his shoes as to the number 23 onhis jersey. I am appreciating these shoes for what they are, and is expecting them only to be better in person. I can't wait to hear the story, theinspiration and see the campaign behind these.

Likes like a "futurized" version of the Flint XIII's
I agree.

side13-16.gif

I also gotta agree with my man ska....

xx3rm9.jpg

eek.gif

The stealth joints with the subtle red stitching go hard. Damn, why couldn't JB do them like this??

Also, I'm in the minority here when I say that I dig the fin. Joint is unique.

Personally, I think they will sell well. Especially here in NYC where damn near EVERY Jordan sells out. The VIIIs were gone after that first Saturday.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

I like this colorway more than the othres I've seen so far, but not enough to buy.

I hate... hate, hate, HATE all-over print. I can not IMAGINE the columbia XIVs or XIs (my two favorite Jordans) with print all over the freaking uppers.

And all this crap on that huge leather piece is killing the shoe for me. We've seen that 'MJ' stitching on the white/red/black mids, argyle print on the black/gray mids, some stitched pattern on the black/gold lows (though the stitching on these is black, so you can't see it as much), and now some weird squiggly-diamond pattern on these.

I really... REALLY wish that leather panel right there was just plain on all of the models I've seen so far.

That first colorway, the white/black/red... man, those would so clean if that 'MJ print' wasn't all over that panel. Maybe one little 'MJ' on the heel?

The black/gray (stealths) would look so much better without that argyle print.

And these blue/gray mids would look incredible with just a gray panel right there.

Like I said, maybe just have that 'MJ' pattern ONE TIME on the back of the heel.

Couldn't have said it any better myself. I hate to say this, but so far I've liked the fake colorways more just because they aren't covered inoverdone prints. I really like the XXIII model, but JB is killing me with the extra "details." CAN WE GET ONE CLASSIC COLORWAY WITH NO EXTRASTITCHING OR AT LEAST NO CONTRAST STITCHING?

Back
Top Bottom