iPhone to blackberry: how many of yall have made the transition??

Originally Posted by krazy88s

^
laugh.gif
how you gon watch a movie, on your phone mind you, and complain about battery life? Knock it off
Why shouldn't I?

I can watch 2 movies back to back on the Storm with apps and stuff running.

On my boy's 3GS with apps running I got to 1 hour, 10 minute mark and it was telling me it was at 10% battery life.

It was freshly charged too.

I went from a Razr 2 to an iPhone. Nothing comes close to the Jesus phone... well maybe the HD2 or Nexus One can take that honor.

i went from 2g iphone to 8300 to 3GS and seriously considering picking up the new 9700.
the physical keyboard, battery life, and efficiency of the BB is callin me.

but the conversation structure and fun factor of the iphone are keeping me back.

and browsing the internet on Safari is by far the best mobile experience ive ever seen

I've had the most current Iphone since the 2G. I carry two phones one for work and one for whatever else. Iphone was always my main phone and my BB wassecondary. However, I picked up that new 9700 Bold and very quickly switched my main sim card into my Iphone. 3G BB =
pimp.gif
not going back to using my iphoneall the time.

Originally Posted by AKA King Arthur

i got an iphone now

and im one dropped call away from getting a the new 9700

i hate the iphone and i have one i regret buying it

It's the network...

I never had a dropped call when I had the iPhone... and all I read is AT&T users being pissed off that they get dropped calls. It's not the iPhone,it's AT&T.

Anyways, I just switched from the 3GS to the 9700. It's alright... but I never stick with one phone, I always get bored of one.

Originally Posted by CWrite78

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

Originally Posted by OwensStr8Clownin

I honestly want to go to the new blackberry bold 9700. Have had the Iphone for a year now and im pretty bored. I usually dont want to play games on my phone and the Iphone battery dies so fast
I am glad people are realizing that the iPhone is simply a toy. The BlackBerry is made to be a communication WORKHORSE while still carrying out the functions of a phone in the way that it is supposed to be.

When you're ready to grow up,
200px-BlackBerry_logo.svg.png

laugh.gif
@ needing a BB to be "grown up"
QFT
pompous BB users is full of themselves.
grin.gif

Hey you guys can help me here i think...

I gotta cop a new phone for SPRINT and id be interested in a BB if i could just buy one and roll with the current plan that i have now.

Its not a BB data plan or anything but its just part of my family plan with x minutes and unlimited data on my line... Can I buy a BB off craigslist andactivate it to my current contract with no problems?

Any help is appreciated
smile.gif
pimp.gif

Get a Blackberry and wait for the Next Generation of the Iphone to hit Verizon and then pick that one up

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

Hey you guys can help me here i think...

I gotta cop a new phone for SPRINT and id be interested in a BB if i could just buy one and roll with the current plan that i have now.

Its not a BB data plan or anything but its just part of my family plan with x minutes and unlimited data on my line... Can I buy a BB off craigslist and activate it to my current contract with no problems?

Any help is appreciated
smile.gif
pimp.gif
I think you can roll w/ your minutes plan w/ the Blackberry, but you 100% have to have the BB data plan.

I switched from a Verizon 8703e to a 3GS, and I have no complaints about the phone itself.
happy.gif

AT&T on the other hand
sick.gif
smh.gif
. Yeah, I'm not happy w/ the service.

I switched over back in October. I was in need of a more professional looking phone. Probaby 80% of the people I know have iPhones and I just wanted somethingelse.

I made a topic a few weeks ago about the iPhone losing its appeal and I got some heat for it. Sounds like my hypothesis was partially correct in that peopleare either 1. sick of the iPhone and its UX 2. don't want to be the same as the rest of the people with an iPhone.

I made the jump about 2 months ago...from the 8gig 3G to a BB 9000 then to the 9700.

I went from the OG iphone, to the 3G and thought about the 3GS but I got so irritated with texting with the touch screen that I knew I couldn't make themove.

First thing you'll miss are the apps, the apps are so much better on the iphone - it's not even a competition. I text a whole lot, so instantly Ienjoyed having a full keyboard....bbm is pretty cool too and unmatched by the iphone. e-mail is better in the BB too...

As for me, I have no regrets for getting the BB...I was real irritated with the iphone (texting while laying down was really pissing me off)...

Love BB. Went from iPhone -> WinMo -> BB. iPhone was ehh, I wanted a physical keyboard so I went to WinMo. WinMo was terrible, while there were literallythousands of apps, the lag on the phone and battery life were forgetful. BB has been perfect. Keyboard's great, and the browser is enough for the lightbrowsing that I do. I carry two BBs, one for work, and one for personal use.

Originally Posted by reigndrop

Love BB. Went from iPhone -> WinMo -> BB. iPhone was ehh, I wanted a physical keyboard so I went to WinMo. WinMo was terrible, while there were literally thousands of apps, the lag on the phone and battery life were forgetful. BB has been perfect. Keyboard's great, and the browser is enough for the light browsing that I do. I carry two BBs, one for work, and one for personal use.
What WinMo phone did you have?

went from bb to iphone

i like the iphone.

bb is cool, but with iphone its all about the apps. both interfaces are easy to use, iphone is more intuitive though. bb has better keyboard.

made the switch about a month back, i miss the iphone from time to time but not enough to switch back...yet.

Went from BB to iphone back to BB and finally HTC Hero.

I don't miss BB or the iphone.

Both are just phones, funny how people swear their allegiance to these devices
laugh.gif

*ps: I hated AT&T

Back
Top Bottom