iPhone to blackberry: how many of yall have made the transition??

Originally Posted by ninjahood

its all marketing though...i like da technology and da superiority to speak for itself..and da iphone is waay better then a blackberry....seriously a blackberry is just a

glorified sidekick to me, i dunno why people so gassed over em....i mean w/ my 09 im literally doing everything a 9700 does... da term "business" is so ambiguous & subjective...

da iphone unlocked is a undeniable beast....
you cant post in no phone thread with out mentioning your 09 sk can you
laugh.gif

Blackberry Storm2 w/ 16gig microsd=my perfect match...and i've owned a iphone 3GS and curve 8330.

It's the perfect mix of features unless your an app nut.

Iphone was great, but AT&T was pitiful in DC.

ummm i don't see the "+ipod" argument.... i mean you can sill play music on the BB.. so whats the big deal?

Originally Posted by BX GOT EM

ummm i don't see the "+ipod" argument.... i mean you can sill play music on the BB.. so whats the big deal?

cuz having an ipod is much better as a music player... much easier to find accessories, hook up to a car, syncs with itunes which almost everyone uses, goingthrough music on an itouch is way better than on a blackberry.... I mean you can put music on basically any phone but as far as ease of use and conveniencenothing will beat having an ipod on your phone

with that said I would never leave the iphone for any other phone... i cant get bored with this thing!

Originally Posted by Fear The Ibis

seriously a blackberry is just a

glorified sidekick to me

Boy stop.
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by ManBearPig

i think the tilt 2 > iphone and bb

You can't be serious.

Windows mobile is garbage. I will NEVER go back to a WinMo phone.

I dont know anybody who's ever had an Iphone/BB/Droid and went back to a winmo phone and was pleased. They don't compare.
What's wrong with WinMo?

a blackberry is just a glorified sidekick to me, i dunno why people so gassed over em....
It's small, its nothing fancy, no flip screen, no touch screen (on standard bb's)...it just is what it is. Push email and BBM are itsselling points plus the ease of the qwerty keyboard. I think people look at those other phones as gimmicks with too much extra going on which is why they holdthe bb up with such high regards. Too many companies trying to sell flashy form, not function.

BX GOT EM wrote:

I think its the easy ipod format that people get used to. Apple overall sells these nice looking gizmos with the simplest functions ever. Everything is prettystraightforward with ipods whereas other mp3s I've seen try to make things so different from ipod tech that they end up frustrating the user.

Originally Posted by eddie

Originally Posted by j0rDan23dunker

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

nokia n900
or
nokia e72

i was thinking of making the switch from my iPhone to the N900. heard any good things about this phone?
great phone hardware wise, but unless you r technical with software, wait until the successor
the maemo OS is going to be great but as of now its missing primary functions, portrait mode for example
plus its bulky but worth the size and price if neither are important to you
http://niketalk.com/topic/215464?page=1

I have the phone so if you have any questions let me know, didn't update the thread because i was basically talking to myself.
laugh.gif

iPhone is a monster no doubt, but I hate the high price of the plan with AT&T.

On the flip side, I have the Tour and love the phone.

Originally Posted by Halftime718

nokia n900
or
nokia e72

i was thinking of making the switch from my iPhone to the N900. heard any good things about this phone?
great phone hardware wise, but unless you r technical with software, wait until the successor
the maemo OS is going to be great but as of now its missing primary functions, portrait mode for example

I have the phone so if you have any questions let me know, didn't update the thread because i was basically talking to myself.
laugh.gif
really nice review, wat phone did u upgrade from? iphone, symbian, bb, android?

thinking bout switching from iphone to bb bold..don't know yet but that phone is calling my name

Originally Posted by Halftime718

nokia n900
or
nokia e72

laugh.gif
really nice review, wat phone did u upgrade from? iphone, symbian, bb, android?
I've had pretty much everything except Symbian my cousin told me to stay away.

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

glorified sidekick to me

Boy stop.
roll.gif
roll.gif

You can't be serious.

I dont know anybody who's ever had an Iphone/BB/Droid and went back to a winmo phone and was pleased. They don't compare.
What's wrong with WinMo?
They're garbage compared to any BB, Android phone, or iPhone.

glorified sidekick to me

Boy stop.
roll.gif
roll.gif

You can't be serious.

What's wrong with WinMo?
They're garbage compared to any BB, Android phone, or iPhone.
I'm realy only familiar with HTC WM phones, so I'm nit sure how other WM phones are. But they are capable of doing pretty much anything.

nokia n900
or
nokia e72

i copped during the black friday sale at dell with 20% cashback so it cost me about 400 plus change.
its a very nice phone, tons of features but there is a learning curve. The maemo os is premature but it is very promising.
you basically have a computer + phone in your hand.
all of these cons can be fixed with a simple firmware upgrade

the e71 and e72 is cheaper than the n900 and its more of a smartphone than a mobile computer like the n900.

nokia n900
or
nokia e72

i copped during the black friday sale at dell with 20% cashback so it cost me about 400 plus change.
its a very nice phone, tons of features but there is a learning curve. The maemo os is premature but it is very promising.
you basically have a computer + phone in your hand.
all of these cons can be fixed with a simple firmware upgrade

the e71 and e72 is cheaper than the n900 and its more of a smartphone than a mobile computer like the n900.
http://niketalk.com/topic/215464?page1

Originally Posted by reigndrop

Love BB. Went from iPhone -> WinMo -> BB. iPhone was ehh, I wanted a physical keyboard so I went to WinMo. WinMo was terrible, while there were literally thousands of apps, the lag on the phone and battery life were forgetful. BB has been perfect. Keyboard's great, and the browser is enough for the light browsing that I do. I carry two BBs, one for work, and one for personal use.
What WinMo phone did you have?

Mogul and TP2

I've had the BB and right now I have the iPhone 3Gs. Sorry man, nothing is really touching this for a long time. My battery life on my phone is fine. Ihardly find it dying on me in the middle of the day. I can go a full charge and last through a day easily. Plus, it's not that much of a hassle when I havea car charger or whatever. And if I know I am going somewhere, I'll just grab the charger with me anyways.

The BB is definitely a great phone, push e-mail is amazing, but I can do all that on my iPhone and more...
Nothing is going to touch the web browsing standard that Safari/iPhone has set..

Honestly, I was going to go to with a newer droid phone, or even try the N900, but all those phones feel WAY too slow compared to my iPhone..
HTC makes nice phones and all, but I was looking at all the droid ran phones at Verizon and what not, and they were sluggish.
I can move between pages easily. If you're iPhone is jailbroken, it can do basically anything these other phones are doing.

Originally Posted by OneLifeLoveKing

This is my exact dilemma: was offered a straight up trade 16gb 3gs for blackberry bold.

Basically its music vs. BBM to me

How? I got a 16gb storm2 and I got my music on there too. Music and BBM ftw.

My last phone before both Storms was WinMo, and that %%** was straight garbage. My text inbox wouldn't delete itself so after a couple months my %%** wouldbe so slow and take forever to delete the texts and the internet browser was garbage.

Originally Posted by AceBoogie

Blackberry Storm2 w/ 16gig microsd=my perfect match...and i've owned a iphone 3GS and curve 8330.

It's the perfect mix of features unless your an app nut.

Yup. Best phone I've ever had, especially when they update the OS

Originally Posted by divinetecknique

I've had the BB and right now I have the iPhone 3Gs. Sorry man, nothing is really touching this for a long time. My battery life on my phone is fine. I hardly find it dying on me in the middle of the day. I can go a full charge and last through a day easily. Plus, it's not that much of a hassle when I have a car charger or whatever. And if I know I am going somewhere, I'll just grab the charger with me anyways.

The BB is definitely a great phone, push e-mail is amazing, but I can do all that on my iPhone and more...
Nothing is going to touch the web browsing standard that Safari/iPhone has set..

Honestly, I was going to go to with a newer droid phone, or even try the N900, but all those phones feel WAY too slow compared to my iPhone..
HTC makes nice phones and all, but I was looking at all the droid ran phones at Verizon and what not, and they were sluggish.
I can move between pages easily. If you're iPhone is jailbroken, it can do basically anything these other phones are doing.

this guy knows what hes talking about

I had an iPhone since August 2008, and in Feb. 2009 i made the switch to the Bold. In three months i switched back to the iPhone. The iPhone has a better gpssystem, and better internet browser. But the bold was more good looking and the buttons were a plus

Back
Top Bottom