Is Social Media Destroying Society? Former Facebook Exec Says 'Yes'

Lol I failed?

It's going to prove that it's not the same.

He keeps deflecting and won't post it because he knows that. Probably reply with another deflection.

The difference is how personal one is. He said he doesn't even use his real name and he still won't post it. Probably because he doesn't want us to see his real life.

Which I understand btw.

I wasn't trolling it's a simple request.
It is not hard. If I agreed with him id do it easily

DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican ’s arguments are literally the worst but, DC is right in saying that posting his social media here will not prove @SC kid ’s point.

@SC kid isn’t trolling though. He just has no idea how to prove his point which comes as no surprise at all.

I think the only reason I’d want anyone to post their IG is so that I can put faces to all of the foolishness posted on NT. Especially the “well I’ve been here since 2002 so that means I’m right, [guys rep my post to show support!]” crowd and the “the TAY thread is my home base don’t post your opinion that counters mine” crowd and most of all the cowards that PM talking reckless who get insta-banned.

But NT is a message board. Message boards pre dated Instagram, Facebook, Snapchat, tumblr etc. A message board is a different vibe. It’s got social media aspects but I’d put it in a separate category.

Lol I failed?

It's going to prove that it's not the same.

He keeps deflecting and won't post it because he knows that. Probably reply with another deflection.

The difference is how personal one is. He said he doesn't even use his real name and he still won't post it. Probably because he doesn't want us to see his real life.

Which I understand btw.

I wasn't trolling it's a simple request.
It is not hard. If I agreed with him id do it easily

Um NT is personal as well.

Even though we dont use our real names on here, friendships develop and also personal relationships as well.
Hell i know yall remember get dizzy dude dating that one NT chick.

Its all the same you just dont see it man

DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican ’s arguments are literally the worst but, DC is right in saying that posting his social media here will not prove @SC kid ’s point.

@SC kid isn’t trolling though. He just has no idea how to prove his point which comes as no surprise at all.

I think the only reason I’d want anyone to post their IG is so that I can put faces to all of the foolishness posted on NT. Especially the “well I’ve been here since 2002 so that means I’m right, [guys rep my post to show support!]” crowd and the “the TAY thread is my home base don’t post your opinion that counters mine” crowd and most of all the cowards that PM talking reckless who get insta-banned.

But NT is a message board. Message boards pre dated Instagram, Facebook, Snapchat, tumblr etc. A message board is a different vibe. It’s got social media aspects but I’d put it in a separate category.

:lol: @ veering off and throwing shade towards the NT vets and TAY.

My facebook was mutlicultural as hell. I shut it down completely after 2 "friends " got heated about basketball arguments, to the point they were challenging each other to knuckle ups on my wall. The argument turned racial. I realized i didnt want to be involved with internet fights turned reality, that would never have happened, if i didnt care so much about showing off, or adressing peoples passing thoughts.
Even here people are fighting about its usefulness. Its a platform that makes you lose respect for people. Lots of thoughts are better left in your skull

Social media is the ultimate “icebreaker” that a lot of people overlook. It shows me who I’d hang out with, and who I would never acknowledge.

It helps you weed out the people you’d hang out with, from those who you won’t ever interact with.

Social media is the ultimate “icebreaker” that a lot of people overlook. It shows me who I’d hang out with, and who I would never acknowledge.

It helps you weed out the people you’d hang out with, from those who you won’t ever interact with.

Growing up in the streets you grow that third eye naturally...no social media needed

38303971_2483729841640784_4557387439848554496_n.jpg

You talking about # of IG followers, bruh?

Growing up in the streets you grow that third eye naturally...no social media needed

Why so many street dudes snitching (even before social media)
Posting all there illegal activity on social media getting cased up...

Stop it with “Natural” crap. I grew up around so called “street dudes” young and old, and they main culprits. Ironically, The men are just as worse as these women.

I don’t even use social media much. I’m old fashioned, so this doesn’t apply to me...

You talking about # of IG followers, bruh?

When did I say followers? I don’t get caught up in all this “millennial” crap. People who need all that fanfare are insecure.

I actually know how to maneuver in public, without a phone. When you gotta walk around with a phone charger, that’s when you know, you’ve got a problem. I actually let my phone die, and won’t charge it for hours. Even if a charger is accessible

Last edited:
Why so many street dudes snitching (even before social media)
Posting all there illegal activity on social media getting cased up...

Stop it with “Natural” crap. I grew up around so called “street dudes” young and old, and they main culprits. Ironically, The men are just as worse as these women.

I don’t even use social media much. I’m old fashioned, so this doesn’t apply to me...
For the exact same reason dudes snitch on themselves, on Niketalk, about stealing Oreos from Target. They do it for pats on the back. #SampleGang. (But "it is different."

Reading your first comment, I thought you meant BRINGING IT UP, to a stranger, was the ultimate IceBreaker. But I see what you meant.

Still, what is funny in 2018, when I hear dudes booking girls and they ask for their IG/Snap before asking for their phone numbers. It is the under 25 Crew doing this but it is so different

Reading your first comment, I thought you meant BRINGING IT UP, to a stranger, was the ultimate IceBreaker. But I see what you meant.

Still, what is funny in 2018, when I hear dudes booking girls and they ask for their IG/Snap before asking for their phone numbers. It is the under 25 Crew doing this but it is so different

Lol, nah. I meant like, if you observe certain peoples pages, what they post, their actions, or vices, strictly based off how or what they post.

You can be like “hey, so-and-so seems cool, we probably could clique up” or “man, so-and-so posts stuff that’s totally not my style or, hangs with certain type of crowd. That ain’t my flavor so, I’ll never hang with such-and-such. Which is cool”

FB and all other social media groups need to be held accountable for the people they allow on the site. Racists, pedos, etc are all allowed to use it with blatant intentions and are left alone. Dumbass trump can start a war on twitter and they let it go. Ban them. The misconception is the idea that everyone needs a voice. That’s WRONG.

Saying NT is social media therefore it’s the same as fb or IG...is the same as saying motorcycles and bikes both have two wheels therefore they’re the same thing.

Many aspects that overlap each other between NT and other forms of social media but absolutely not the same thing.
I have ZERO social media, I’m not about to let people tell me that’s not true just cause I have NT.

They serve completely different purposes.
For one, there’s no females on this site. While pictures get posted on this site, it is NOT the essence of NT the way pictures are the essence of IG or FB.

Complete worlds apart.

The great thing about Social Media is Networking and Information. The bad thing is Misinformation and addiction. I don't think we can go back to the way it was. I'm not sure I want to. Having other sources to grab info outside of the "news" is great. How long did it take for the news to mention Ferguson? Twitter had info as soon as it started cause people were on the ground.

Like everything in this world, you have to use and do things in moderation. Its going to be hard on the next gen tho cause they were raised with it.

Back
Top Bottom