Kobe Trade Thread (vol. Save the Kittens and Puppies)

there is apparently a huge rumor going around in Chi radio. the deal is supposedly done and agreed upon by 3 teams. Lakers, Bulls, Sac. they are just waiting on Kobe to OK. deal will be done (if done at all) in the next 48 hours:

Quote:
48 hours for approval
- This is above Paxson's head right now
- Lakers are sick of Kobe and want him gone now. Were amazed he got booed so badly last night

Here's the deal:
- Does not involve Deng
- Does involve (best info at the moment) Kirk Hinrich
- 3rd team is the Kings
- Artest Going to Lakers

sounds like BS. but it's out there (supposedly)

I wonder what Sac would be getting.

Quote:
I think the Bulls would have to sign and trade to make Gordon part of the deal.
TEAMCOWBOYS
Winning is the only option...

^ for a title? no

for playoffs they're in.
///
TEAM LAKERS
teamdecepticon
T R A N S F O R M E R S​

i hope the bulls dont make a deal with the lakers, not even a fan of the bulls but i mean lakers want deng, gordon and ty thomas for kobe? whats left for kobe as teammates, hes left with big ben and hinrich, and some role players like sefolosha,nocioni, and duhon? might as well stay in l.a.

either way if he does come here he will do nothing but put up 32 ppg and lead the bulls to 45-46 wins and an early exit in the playoffs. i dont see much sense in the bulls making this deal, they are not going to contend with the pistons/cavs or even if they do make it to the finals with kobe, they can NOT beat the spurs/mavs/suns in the finals.

I thought they said they're willing to trade for less value?
No Chip But Philly Still Runs This $hip
City of Champions
Banned SN: limelightn5mics
Total Posts: 876

Quote:
Danny Ferry, get on the @#%$ phones. If they hang up, call again. Actually just call until someone answers, we need some help in Cleveland.
:lol:
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
EQUIPO BOXEO
White Sox * Bulls * Bears * The Great KATSIDIS​

that is insane. damn. that's probably closest to fair value that we would have been able to get.

it seems like Kobe just flat out doesn't want to be traded anymore. if he did he wouldn't have vetoed that deal. he would have still been left with achampionship contender after Rip/Tay are gone. unless he vetoed it because it's Detroit he didn't want to live in.

I'd rather have Billups in a deal with one of the other 2 but Rip/Tay is still nice.

Wow...I don't know if u guys saw the report on espn but the bulls king laker deal fell through. It is dead but it had the lakers getting artest and ben wallace....what is going on!
Team Lakers1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002...

This season will shape the future of this franchise..​

Kobe in a Bulls jersey would be :pimp:
pimp.gif

Big Ben in a yellow Lakers jersey however is :x
sick.gif

TEAM RAPTORS
We Bring Out The Salami and Cheese
TEAM BOILERMAKERS
All Hail the Old Gold and Black

If Ron Artest comes to the Lakers... oh man, I'd be so happy with Kobe for accepting the trade.

C'mon, Ron-Ron!! :smile:
smile.gif
4L8O15S16T23!42
My 5 teams: 1. ANGELS, 2. LAKERS (I grew up on Angels/Lakers games), 3. UK WILDCATS (my wife is from Kentucky), 4. TN TITANS (we married and started our lives together in Tennessee), 5. L.A. SPARKS (WNBA/Sparks fan since Day One). When my teams aren't playing, I'll always show love for these SoCal teams: L.A. CLIPPERS, S.D. PADRES, Anaheim DUCKS, USC TROJANS, S.D. CHARGERS, L.A. AVENGERS, L.A. DODGERS, U.C.L.A. BRUINS, L.A. KINGS, L.A. GALAXY. "This game is in the refrigerator! The door is closed, the lights are out, the eggs are cooling, the butter's gettin hard, and the Jello's jigglin!" -Chick Hearn (R.I.P.)​

laugh.gif
Anybody who believes these trades are realistic is a fool. ESPN is making Ric Bucher come up with a bunch of garbage just for publicity. Not even Lakers management would be dumb enough to make some of these trades.

When #24 is involved any concept of a TEAM goes out the door
2007-2008 PHOENIX SUNS
PLANETORANGE
Nash-Marion-Stoudemire-Bell-Barbosa-Diaw-Hill-Banks-Skinner-Marks-Piatkowski-Tucker-Strawberry

from charley rosen aka phil jackson's best friend...

Quote:
Now that John Paxson has foreclosed any short-term possibility of the Bulls' dealing for Kobe Bryant, let's speculate about the consequences.

As before, the ball is in Kobe's court and he'll undoubtedly pick it up and shoot it. With his destination-of-choice no longer available, Kobe will have to swallow his disappointment, choke back his anger, and play out the season with the Lakers. His only other option is to relax his no-trade clause and consider where else he might want to play (and live).

Assuming that several peripheral players would have to be added to the following equations to make the dollar-signs balance, here's what's possible and what's not:

To Phoenix for Shawn Marion and Leandro Barbosa

With Marion's discontent, and the expected emergence of Marcus Banks, this would be a no-brainer for the Suns and would probably guarantee them the championship. The only foreseeable problem might be Kobe's dismay at having to concede so much ball-time to Steve Nash.

Because Marion isn't an adequate passer and can't create his own shots, the Lakers would be taking a huge gamble. Sure, the Matrix would help their porous defense, but is that enough? Plus, Barbosa performs best in the open court, whereas the Lakers rarely run.

Mainly because of the Lakers' reluctance to strengthen a conference rival while getting a highly questionable return, this deal is a no-go.

To Washington for Gilbert Arenas and Antawn Jamison

Jamison would have to be included simply because Arenas for Bryant straight-up is too lopsided a deal for the Lakers to even consider. Even with Jamison in the mix, this exchange will never happen because the Wizards aren't a serious contender anyway, and with two of their Big Three being replaced by only Kobe, they would be at best a seventh or eighth seed.

Not a chance.

To Philadelphia for Andre Iguodala and Andre Miller

A terrific move for the Lakers. For Philly, the fan attraction of Kobe's coming home would have a huge impact on their attendance and the 76ers' future would look brighter than ever. But Kobe is not interested in being the only bona fide stud on a rebuilding team.

Never happen.

To Philadelphia for Andre Iguodala, Kyle Korver and Jason Smith

This package might be closer to the mark, but Bryant would have the same objection as before.

Nope.

To New Jersey for Jason Kidd and either Vince Carter or Richard Jefferson

A great move for the Nets. But J-Kidd is too old for the Lakers to invest their immediate future in him.

No way.

To Sacramento for Ron Artest and Kevin Martin

Add Andrew Bynum and Vlad Radmanovic to the mix and the Kings would certainly have to be interested. This would be an advantageous trade for both sides, but once again the Kings would still be an inferior ball club and Kobe would likely balk. Also the Brothers Maloof are disinclined to make a deal with the hated Lakers.

Could happen, should happen, but won't happen.

To Detroit for Rip Hamilton, Tayshaun Prince and Amir Johnson

Add Bynum and this is far from being a bad idea for both teams. With Chauncey Billups, Rasheed Wallace, Antonio McDyess, Jason Maxiell and the underrated Jarvis Hayes still on board, the addition of Kobe just might provide the spark the Pistons need to push them over the top. The Lakers, meanwhile, would also get a close approximation of the "equal value" they've been seeking.

Does the Pistons' front office have the guts to pull the trigger? Probably not.

To Denver for Carmelo Anthony and Nene Hilario

Interesting, eh? Kobe would put some fire into the Nuggets' game plan on both ends of the floor. And, with Marcus Camby and the return of Kenyon Martin, Nene is expendable. For the Lakers, the swap also makes sense on every level.

Another deal that would probably require more courage, and more creative thinking, than the bigwigs of either franchise are capable of showing.

Lamar Odom to Indiana for Jermaine O'NealSo, then, here's the deal that makes the most sense:

Bryant to New York for Jamal Crawford, David Lee, Malik Rose and Eddy Curry
ing lineup would consist of Kobe, Marbury, Quentin Richardson, Randolph and Bynum/Brown. On the bench: Nate Robinson, Radmanovic, Renaldo Blackman, Fred Jones, Jared Jeffries, Jerome James and Randolph Morris.

Benefit for Lakers: Even when Crawford was in Chicago, Phil Jackson was always intrigued by his game. With the triangle providing enough of a framework, Crawford would conceivably tame his wildness and blossom into a dependable, all-star-caliber performer. Curry has plenty of flaws, but the young man can certainly score in the low-post and he's certainly young enough to learn how to play "real" basketball. Lee, of course, would energize the entire team, while Rose would bring a warrior's mentality to set an example for whichever big man the Lakers would keep.

The Lakers' starting lineup would consist of Derek Fisher, Crawford, Luke Walton, Lamar Odom and Curry. On the bench: Lee, Chris Mihm, Brian Cook, Maurice Evans, Rose, Ronny Turiaf, Jordan Farmar, and either Brynum or Brown. (Also, with Curry in the fold, Bynum could easily be traded for a promising wing-scorer like Andres Nocioni, Willie Green, Gerald Green, Damien Wilkins, Matt Barnes, Francisco Garcia, etc.)

This is a terrific deal for both teams that would juice rating on both coasts, and should happen ASAP.

Do it!
..with so much personality,
what do you want from me?
i could be by myself and enjoy the company..
but i'd rather be with her

^ yup the lakers front office is a mess now. kobe is basically controlling them. hell, he's controlling the whole league.

Quote:
lakers have to trade kobe now...they would be stupid not to. he has a chance to opt out of his contract at the end of the season.
and you know he will. if they let him go for free...theyll regret it forever.
something is better than nothing.
Hate it or love it...The UNDERDOG'S on top​

ning726: Bulls scouts underestimated Aldridge's immediate impact. We thought he was two years away from contributing 30+ minutes per. We wanted Tyrus because we thought he could come in right away off the bench to rebound, block shots, and set screens. He did that.

I'd love to have Aldridge right now. I'm conceding that I was wrong in projecting Tyrus over him.

I remain optimistic that a deal for Kobe can still be made. I think a lineup of Kirk, Kobe, Deng, Wallace, and any PF would dominate the league.
TEAM CHICAGO BULLS
SIX-TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS: 1991.1992.1993.1996.1997.1998​

Quote:
Well take it for what it's worth but heard from a VERY reliable source that Kupchek called the Suns Tues and asked about STAT. We said no but offered Trix, Raja, Banks and the ATL #1 this year. Would be willing to switch LB for Bell if nessasary. I have a hard time believing they'll send him to a Div rival but that's probably the most talent they could actually get for Kobe. Being a Suns fan I say do it. I love Trix but he has been complaining all summer and I would only be happy with Garnett (too late) or SG #24.
HoustonRockets
FRANCIS - MCGRADY - YAO​

Quote:
I think this makes more sense...
:tongue:
tongue.gif

:stoneface:
indifferent.gif

The only team benefitting from that is Sacramento.
Chicago trading away their entire team for Kobe, Franciso Garcia and Jordan Farmar :smh:
smh.gif
For a dummy, you make a lot of sense
"Straight cash homey."​

The Lakers are going to have to do something. Either get someone worth a damn to put next to Kobe or trade him. The Bulls/Kobe have all the power. They have the ball in their court. A deal will get done and laker fans will be mad as hell when they see Kirk, Kobe and Deng all playing on the Bulls.
MICHIGAN WOLVERINES

Quote:
: -->
mad.gif
rollin They can fill up seats if they played in Sacramento or Salt Lake City, but this is Los Angles homie, only flashy superstars fill the seats here,for the Lakers that is. Not even Elton Brand sells out the staples center for the Clippers and he's better than Deng and Gordon.

your logic is flawed son. ur comparing the clips to the lakers.

the lakers have FANS, not bandwagoners. they have HARDCORE fans. they had fans BEFORE kobe. they still sold out for the most part when they had eddie jones, nick van exel, cedric ceballos, elden campbell, sedale threatt at the forum.

just b/c a lot of kobe fans are on NT dont mean laker fans are kobe only fans.

clips don't have that. the tradition of the lakers are prideful for laker fans. u don't just give that up.

a lot of real laker fans can't afford the tickets to go b/c they have the highest ticket prices in the L. when kobe leaves, ticket prices go down, other fans and not just celebrities or corporate folks who want to be seen show up to laker games. REAL laker fans will show up to fill the arena.

u make it seem like kobe sells out all the time. 2 yrs ago when the lakers struggled and failed to make the playoffs, a lot of games didn't sell out.

lakers want winning. if the lakers win, they'll sell.

the capacity is 19000. if they trade kobe, the first 2 yrs might sell 17-18000, that's still great. but as they keep improving, they'll sell out again.

clips on the other hand, they made the playoffs 2 yrs ago. the next yr they couldn't even sell out all their home games.

Back
Top Bottom