Lock

thats a nice trade for detroit. these guys are gonna be tough. yanks should look into getting ben sheets. he'll probably cost maybe kennedy and anotherminor leaguer. we keep hughes and johan santana tears his shoulder in may. i did'nt want a guy named johan anyway

grapes-print.jpg

Originally Posted by Dskilz3

Can someone, Detroit fans perhaps, give me an idea of what types of players these guys are that the Marlins are getting back? I don't follow baseball very closely anymore, other then my home team Marlins.
frown.gif

Maybin is gonna be good. He still might be a few years away but he has all the tools one could want. Just needs time to develop them He is ONLY 20. Iwouldn't doubt it, if one year, he catches on like wildfire and is an All Star. Miller is also going to be very good. Just needs some time but could beready sooner than expected. Top 2 prospects in the Tigers farm system. De La Cruz therows HARD. Plus his stuff moves all over. His fastball jumps around likenobodies business. He could be very good. Trahern has pitched awesome this summer for Team USA. Another solid pitcher. I think the Marlins did very well. Theproblem with Maybin was that he wasn't going to take over CF because of Granderson but now our pitching prospects are starting to leave 3 of our Top 5 havebeen dealt the past 2 years for Shef, Renteria and now in this deal. But we kept Crosby and Porcello who might end up being #1's in their career. Porcellowas the name I didn't want to hear. People are in awe at how he is at 18.

VERY happy for my Tiogers. Sorry but the Indians are not better than Detroit. This lineup is gonna be good. If Bonderman can get his arm right, he andVerlander are going to be tough to beat. Willis gets a HUGE stadium to work with and Robertson and Rogers are going to eat up innings. Jones is good enough asa closer and the only weakspot is going to be LF but the other 8 guys in the lineup can get on base.
happy.gif

Yo, that's a monster trade for the Tigers. I know Jimmy is happy as hell to be managing over there.

And forget all that talk about Train being average. Dude is the real deal imo. I like his desire. Dude loves to win and I see his game getting back on track inthat winning environment.

But the real jewel here is Miggy aka Baby Manny. Can't really call his big#*@@ a baby though.
laugh.gif

I'm watching all these teams make moves and wondering what the hell Omar Minaya is doing. Didn't resign Dookie. Lost Glavine. Traded Lastings. Declaredhe's not really concerned about getting a stud pitcher b/c a healthy Pedro will give him the innings he's losing with Glavine's departure.
smh.gif

eek.gif

Bonderman, Verlander, Willis, Rogers ... Niiiiiice.

Granderson
Renteria
Mags
Cabrera
Sheffield
Guillen
Jones
Pudge
Polanco

Team is STACKED...

eek.gif
detroit is gonna be serious next year

i think arte moreno will wanna wait for the mitchell report before taking a chance at tejada. i could live with letting go of wood/saunders

If I was a Marlins fan I would be pissed, because they always have some good players but then get rid of them to get more prospects, now when these prospectsget good, they're just gonna trade them too.

if I was a Marlins fan I would be pissed

Why tho? they have maaad young talent on deck. Willis pitched like he didnt wanna even be there anyway and they got Nice talent in return. their fan baseis non existant
Honestly, IMO Detroit giving up on Miller is a very bad decision but thats just my opinion.

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Yo Jay, I think you took a wrong turn.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Because he's in an MLB thread? I agree with him 100% though...Why would you be pissed? They've got 2 WS crowns in less than 10 years.Andrew Miller is a potential ace, Maybin is gonna be a superstar. Uggla, Willingham, Ramirez, the farm system is full of talent...Sure, the way they do it isdifferent, but they get the job done. They can't afford to pay like crazy for players like Cabrera and Willis, so you've gotta get rid of them when youfeel like you can maximize your return...SEVERAL teams could afford to take some serious notes from the way the Marlins do things.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

if I was a Marlins fan I would be pissed

Why tho? they have maaad young talent on deck. Willis pitched like he didnt wanna even be there anyway and they got Nice talent in return. their fan base is non existant
Honestly, IMO Detroit giving up on Miller is a very bad decision but thats just my opinion.

I know they have alot of young talent, but thats all they ever have (yes i know they have 2 WS), maybe they would have more fans if the whole set of playersdidnt change every few years. Its ight though, I'm not a Marlins fan so why should i care.
Andrew Miller is a potential ace, Maybin is gonna be a superstar. Uggla, Willingham, Ramirez, the farm system is full of talent
Yeah, and if they don't win a WS before all those players wanna get paid, they'll just get rid of them.

damn the tigers are making moves this offseason. big deal forthem.

As long as the Angels or Yankees & Red Sox don't get Cabrera/Willis, I'm happy.

had to add that. they are already power-houses as it is.
laugh.gif

This is a big deal for the Tigers and it screams that they want to win now. They gave up the farm to get these two, that's what it took and they pulledthe trigger.

They still have young arms in Verlander and Bonderman. Willis will be better than he was in his last days as a Marlin, but free agency is looming for him andthere are no guarantee's that he is staying in Detroit. So they have one year with D-Train and two with Cabrera guaranteed. Ordonez has been stellar inDetroit, however everyone else except Granderson is in their prime or a bit past it.

1B Guillen (32)
2B Polanco (32)
SS Renteria (32)
3B Cabrera (24)
OF Granderson (26)
OF Jones (32)
OF Ordonez (33)
DH Sheffield (39)
C Rodriguez (36)

They traded two studs in Maybin and Miller, they also gave up the heir to Ivan Rodriguez. It is a big gamble. Good move, by both teams, but if the Tigersdon't win in the next three years, in retrospect this deal will be bad.

They traded two studs in Maybin and Miller, they also gave up the heir to Ivan Rodriguez. It is a big gamble. Good move, by both teams, but if the Tigers don't win in the next three years, in retrospect this deal will be bad.

That's what Im saying, I think they just pulled a "NY Yankee" move and gave up too much future for win at all cots now, How many times has thatactually worked?

as long as the Marlins kept Hanley Ramirez

How the hell do they keep stockpiling this young talent??? Its ridiculous...

Marlins fans are spoiled. The tickets are cheap, your team is full of exciting young players. There is a high turnover rate so every year you're rootingfor somebody new. Your team has already won 2 championships, one in each of the last 2 decades, what more do you want? Now San Francicsco Giants fans are theones that need to be mad.

The thing is Detroit gave away unproven talent. People are saying they are going to stars. NOPE. They could be stars or could flop. People saying Miller willbe better than Train next year are losing it. Train eats innings. Miller can't get past the 4th. Miller still has zero control and throws 1 pitch.Don't believe me... ask Peter Gammons that told him he threw a fastball 97% of the time. He has talent but is not there. Maybin looked shook at the MLBlevel. He was dropping fly balls, striking out on the reg and running the bases bad. The kid has superstar written all over him but he hasn't grasped it.He is only 20 but I wouldn't annoint him anything yet.

The good thing is that Miggy is up for a new contract when Renteria, Pudge and Shef are out of their contracts. That means the chances of him getting paid arevery nice. This does seem like a must win year for them because Rogers is possibly done after this year and then we need a new starter, closer and everybodyelse is a year older. Not the youngest team but these next 2 years could be special.

I also do not mind the idea of having a core of Verlander, Willis, Bonderman, Porcello, Zumaya, Cabrera, Granderson and Rayburn for our future. The farm systemis getting broken down but the way Dombrowski is drafting players and the money Illitch spends, I am confident that they will be looking to stock up again onpitchers real soon. Good pitchers are always a premium and Dombrowski has a good eye for them.

EDIT: And Mike Rabelo is the heir to Pudge. He was our 3rd C because Wilson went down. Also Inge is a better catcher than he is but he plays a mean 3B so hewas out of the question. The heir to Pudge might be 22 year old James Skelton. Also look for them to get a solid catcher when the Tigers are drafting in June.But Mike Rabelo sucked and was 27.

damn the Tigers just got stupid good, at least on paper.

KLJ, i feel for you....Tribe one win away from the WS, Dub-Vee one win away from the National Championship game, now the Tigers are even more loaded. if Zagaloses in the regional finals this year...you should hang it up and start over, that'd be bad *%!@ right there.

I wish Dontrelle stayed in the NL, i love watching dude hit.

wow, what a day.

are you guys kidding me? so what if the fish have two world series in the past ten years, that's all in the past. how many people went to bulls games in1999-2001?

they have no fanbase because of moves like this. who cares who they got back, they just traded away their best player, along with the face of the franchise, inONE trade. they traded away young proven talent for young unproven talent.

the fish get young talent, let the talent develop, and when they can't pay them, they trade them away. the marlins are a glorified farm system. as thisteam struggles to get to .500 over the next few seasons, there is no doubt in my mind that once hanley and uggla get to arbitration they will be shipped offfor younger talent as well. that is frustrating, and is a big part of why the fish have no fanbase.

mlb must step in and replace the owners, or move the team. if these owners can't afford to keep a $25 million payroll, then they shouldn't be allowedto own the team. plain and simple. we get mad the yankees for overspending; it's time to get on the marlins for NOT spending. stuff like this is killingmajor league baseball.

the fish were unwatchable last year because of all the errors from the infield and the terrible pitching. what will they be this year? worse. this team has NOchance of staying competitive in the nl east- i wouldn't expect anyone to watch or show up.

Back
Top Bottom