Looking for help picking out my first pair of Jordans

Originally Posted by gzagenius

Flint 13s

jeans, shorts or can be worn naked.

these do go really nice with jeans/shorts/nekkid.   The 3M material makes these stand out too, definitely the best 13 colorway.  Only downside is the white pods will stain eventually, usually and ugly brown.
The TB 3's coming out tommorrow would also be a great choice.  i rocked these almost every day to go to school since they also match well.  3s in general go well with just about anything, but the blue really goes well with jeans.  Midsoles might have slight paint chipping depending on the quality of the release but otherwise a great shoe.  If nothing else you can wait till december and go with the concord XI, can never go wrong with these.

Originally Posted by WLDCAT10

White/Cement 3 or Black/Cement 3. Both pairs go with just about everything and look good!

QFT...Not only do they look clean with any outfit, they look great in jeans or shorts. And they look good in jeans no matter the cut. I feel the 3s are the most versatile Jordan in terms of fashion. 

Originally Posted by WLDCAT10

White/Cement 3 or Black/Cement 3. Both pairs go with just about everything and look good!

QFT...Not only do they look clean with any outfit, they look great in jeans or shorts. And they look good in jeans no matter the cut. I feel the 3s are the most versatile Jordan in terms of fashion. 

Be a champ. Start out with a pair of 4's. If your not in too much of a rush the white cements are dropping in January 2012.

Be a champ. Start out with a pair of 4's. If your not in too much of a rush the white cements are dropping in January 2012.

If you're looking for a shoe that would be versatile, stylish, neutral, and at the same time have a "pop" of color...I'd reccomend the Air Jordan 7 retro Bordeaux that just came out on April 16 2011. You can find them easily in the buy/sell on this site or on Ebay...or any other sneaker sites that sell Jordans for a little bit more...here's a pic of rapper Big Krit with them on...

big-krit-wearing-bordeaux-air-jordan-7.jpg

pimp.gif
Can't go wrong with these..and they are comfortable!

If you're looking for a shoe that would be versatile, stylish, neutral, and at the same time have a "pop" of color...I'd reccomend the Air Jordan 7 retro Bordeaux that just came out on April 16 2011. You can find them easily in the buy/sell on this site or on Ebay...or any other sneaker sites that sell Jordans for a little bit more...here's a pic of rapper Big Krit with them on...

big-krit-wearing-bordeaux-air-jordan-7.jpg

pimp.gif
Can't go wrong with these..and they are comfortable!

I would say the Jordan XIII - All Star. They are the all black colorway with some white at the bottom. Those shoes are TANKS! They will withstand a lot of wear. I've worn mine and cleaned them after every wear and I wear them carefully. They can pass as brand new!!! These shoes are in my tope three favorite shoes so I want them to last me a long time.
Also, the Jordan XVI is a very versatile shoe. The Black and Red is a good shoe and easy to come by. Personally, I like the Black and Silver "Low Tops." I had those in high school and I wore them to the ground. The black and silver lows are very hard to come by though.

Also, there is a legit website guide around here somewhere. I don't think it has been updated since February but it's very reliable! One tip though is to check ALL your options and find the best price.

Finally, make sure you enjoy your first pair. Also, when you buy one, you'll see others later and you'll want them also. My first pair was the Jordan XII- All Star. I loved those shoes. I played basketball on them everyday. Ever since then I have worn Jordans.

Good luck on your decision and let us know what you ultimately decide!

I would say the Jordan XIII - All Star. They are the all black colorway with some white at the bottom. Those shoes are TANKS! They will withstand a lot of wear. I've worn mine and cleaned them after every wear and I wear them carefully. They can pass as brand new!!! These shoes are in my tope three favorite shoes so I want them to last me a long time.
Also, the Jordan XVI is a very versatile shoe. The Black and Red is a good shoe and easy to come by. Personally, I like the Black and Silver "Low Tops." I had those in high school and I wore them to the ground. The black and silver lows are very hard to come by though.

Also, there is a legit website guide around here somewhere. I don't think it has been updated since February but it's very reliable! One tip though is to check ALL your options and find the best price.

Finally, make sure you enjoy your first pair. Also, when you buy one, you'll see others later and you'll want them also. My first pair was the Jordan XII- All Star. I loved those shoes. I played basketball on them everyday. Ever since then I have worn Jordans.

Good luck on your decision and let us know what you ultimately decide!

white/cement IIIs were the first thing that came to mind when I read your description. those just came out so check ebay and other reseller sites. They're all gone at retail places but I'm sure you can find them for a decent price SOMEwhere. Or if your birthday is after october you can get the black/cement IIIs.

white/cement IIIs were the first thing that came to mind when I read your description. those just came out so check ebay and other reseller sites. They're all gone at retail places but I'm sure you can find them for a decent price SOMEwhere. Or if your birthday is after october you can get the black/cement IIIs.

I wouldn't go with white cement/TB lll's as your first pair because-
-White based shoes, dirty easily if not worn with care.
-White creased shoes
eyes.gif

-Midsole easily cracks after a few wears

IMO, go with VII's , VI's , XI's (Not 09' Space Jams, terrible quality) , or XII's.

I wouldn't go with white cement/TB lll's as your first pair because-
-White based shoes, dirty easily if not worn with care.
-White creased shoes
eyes.gif

-Midsole easily cracks after a few wears

IMO, go with VII's , VI's , XI's (Not 09' Space Jams, terrible quality) , or XII's.

welcome to nt but if you hadnt already copped the true blues; i would recommend the metallic 5s.

welcome to nt but if you hadnt already copped the true blues; i would recommend the metallic 5s.

buying a jordan just for the sake of having a jordan is not really a good way to go about it. hunt for shoes, and whatever fits your needs best, get them, regardless of the name on the box. if you have any particular jay in mind, you could always ask at NT's reviews forum for how they fit and feel. make a shortlist by appearance, and then ask us. i think you'll get a better fit that way.

buying a jordan just for the sake of having a jordan is not really a good way to go about it. hunt for shoes, and whatever fits your needs best, get them, regardless of the name on the box. if you have any particular jay in mind, you could always ask at NT's reviews forum for how they fit and feel. make a shortlist by appearance, and then ask us. i think you'll get a better fit that way.

Back
Top Bottom