mcgrady and rockets to part ways

He said last week that he's considering signing with Orlando next summer and living with Vince.

I'd love to see him on the Magic ASAP. I dont think he'd add anything new to that team (they're all a bunch of jump shooters) but it'd beexciting to see Jameer, Vince, T-Mac, Rashard and Dwight together on the floor.

Maybe the Rockets negotiate a buy-out like the Knicks did with Marbury last year? That way, the Rockets free themselves of any potential problems and T-Mac isfree to go to the team of his choosing.

And I dont see ANY team trading anyone of value to the Rockets except for $20 mill worth of expiring contracts. Which teams have that much money coming off thebooks that are heading to the playoffs and T-Mac would be interested in?

Bulls need to get on this. This would fill the need at SG and set us up real nice for 2010.

Salmons $ Miller?
Hinrich & Miller?
Deng & Miller?

So many different combos that could work for both teams.

Make room for Curry GS. Hook us up with Monta.

Really though, what can the Rockets get? Like Nas alluded too, the Rockets are pretty deep.

Getting a 2 in a trade, who goes to the bench? Shane or Ariza? Getting a 3, same thibg. A big name 1, how does AB handle going to the bench? Could get a C backin a trade but who's really worthwhile out there? Jermaine ONeal?

Trading TMac would have to involve 3 teams and big names switching teams.

..since trading expirings for expirings is counter productive

Originally Posted by OneTrust

Originally Posted by franchise3

Adios TMac. Such high hopes when you came on board. I really thought Mac + Yao was going to be Kobe + Shaq 2.0
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Nevertheless, from the fleecing of the Magic in the trade, Franchise + Mobley + Cato to get you here, to the dominating game 1 + 2 peformance vs Dallas in the playoffs back in 04 on the road (dunk over Bradley, game winner in game 2), the 13 pts in 35 seconds, off and on injuries, 'It's on Me,' 22 game winning streak, and to all the 2nd round virgin, lazy eye gifs, through it all, TMac as a Rocket is appreciated.

pimp.gif

Hope my dude rebounds and gets mins wherever he goes.

Well said Franchise. Wish my boy could've brought some more success to your team but it was good memories.
Agreed. Very well put franchise.

Originally Posted by jamergrady

I'm about to have a heart attack.
frown.gif

But o well. Guess I will have to take away my rockets fan card.
tired.gif

And of course get a new one. Where every T-Mac goes, Jamergrady will be there to follow.
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by jamergrady

Where every T-Mac goes, Jamergrady will be there to follow.
pimp.gif

nerd.gif

Originally Posted by franchise3

Make room for Curry GS. Hook us up with Monta.

Really though, what can the Rockets get? Like Nas alluded too, the Rockets are pretty deep.

Getting a 2 in a trade, who goes to the bench? Shane or Ariza? Getting a 3, same thibg. A big name 1, how does AB handle going to the bench? Could get a C back in a trade but who's really worthwhile out there? Jermaine ONeal?

Trading TMac would have to involve 3 teams and big names switching teams.

..since trading expirings for expirings is counter productive
So the best thing for him is not to leave. Right???

They can take on a bad expiring noting that they good a nice talent. Kenny Thomas and Kevin Martin come to mind.

They could have just traded him in the offseason like I thought they should have and this situation would be well in the rearview mirror

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

He said last week that he's considering signing with Orlando next summer and living with Vince.

ESPN has a possible reality show
nerd.gif
A better one than that Barry Bondsshow from a couple years ago
pimp.gif

I'd love to see McGrady go back to Orlando.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

some of you COUGH*KNICK FANS*COUGH can stop with the rockets just giving dude away for bums, houston has already said they will only take a young all star, all star in the making or contracts coming off the books.

You really think Houston is going to get a young all star caliber player for Tmac?
laugh.gif
The only way they would ever get that is if they played him enough minutes to show he is worth it, which isn't going to happen since he isdone playing as a Rocket. Whatever happens, I hope to see McGrady start putting up big numbers wherever he ends up.

If he goes to the Celtics, he's a damn sellout.

If he's willing to play the 3, Miami would be a good look.

I remember having arguments in High School on how T-Mac was better than Kobe back in his Orlando days

Originally Posted by parada45

I remember having arguments in High School on how T-Mac was better than Kobe back in his Orlando days
Amen to that. My favorite player growing up. Sucks how things went his way. I think he said it best though, he's getting to that age where heneeds to find a contender to get a ring...

How can he end up going to the C's ? I think the NBA rules for trades are that you still have to match salary for salary and both teams needs to be underthe cap for the trade to go through. C's would have to give up a lot to match TMac's $23 million salary this season. The C's wouldn't be ableto just throw in a couple bench players, rookies, and future draft picks.

I expect TMac to end up with the Knicks, Heat, and maybe the Kings.

There's an article on ESPN.com by Marc Stein talking about all this.

The Wizards tried to open up talks about a possible Arenas for TMac swap, but Houston turned them down.

*pumps fist

Originally Posted by Notorious 858

How can he end up going to the C's ? I think the NBA rules for trades are that you still have to match salary for salary and both teams needs to be under the cap for the trade to go through. C's would have to give up a lot to match TMac's $23 million salary this season. The C's wouldn't be able to just throw in a couple bench players, rookies, and future draft picks.

I expect TMac to end up with the Knicks, Heat, and maybe the Kings.
Buyout contract. T-Mac signs with Celtics.

^ no way they buy him out. they will rather pay him and tell him to stay home (just like what pacers did with tinsley)

unless rockets get back a elite superstar with an expiring contract from the 2010 class (amare, bosh, lbj, wade, etc) that matches the 23M of mcgrady or ayoung all star in the making, they will not take on any long term contracts

chris broussard was saying how no team in contention are making a move for tmac. right now his contract>player

lets say the knicks wanna make a play for tmacs contract, what do the knicks wanna give up? unprotected 1st rd pick, dino, and one of those fat contracts(curry)? as a warrior fan, i wouldnt mind getting rid of maggettes contract, i'd even throw in biedrins
laugh.gif

Barring a buyout or a trade of Ray Allen, theres no way the Celtics can get him. We cant match salaries without trading one of the big three or half the team,word to KG for the 2007 Celtics Roster minus Pierce.

At least I dont think.

Originally Posted by DMan14

^ no way they buy him out. they will rather pay him and tell him to stay home (just like what pacers did with tinsley)
Uhh what? Its not like T-Mac was some dude that went trigger happy off the court now. The Rockets will try to trade dude, but to say theywon't buy him out after the trade deadline is crazy. T-Mac probably will not mesh with this current Rockets team, but he did a lot for the Rockets sincehis trade from the Magic. Rick Adelman might not like him now, but Morey should be better than that to just stash T-Mac away and waste any chance of himcontributing on another team that he can help or at least have a chance to show the league he can still play so he could get a contract next year.

Back
Top Bottom