NAS BIOPIC COMING TO BET VOL.IM CRYING GANGSTA TEARS

THIS MADE MY DAY
FINALLY BET IS DOING SOMETHING THIS YEAR TO PUSH THE CULTURE FORWARD. FIRST THE BET MOVIE, NEXT THE NAS SERIES. MY BLOOD PRESSURE IS RISINF FASTER THAN THE TEMPERATURE ON MOBB DEEPS 1ST ALBUM :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

I'm wiping my tears of joy with old vibe magazine covers right now :frown:

http://hiphopdx.com/news/id.42210/title.nas-tv-series-moves-forward-with-bet
Nas TV Series Moves Forward With BET

Nas TV Series Moves Forward With BET
Instagram/Nas
With the success of BET’s “The New Edition Story” miniseries, the network is hoping to continue their momentum by picking up yet another artist-based program.

According to Deadline, BET has ordered a pilot for the hour-long series “Street Dreams.” Not only does the series borrow its title from a track on Nas‘ It Was Written album, it will also highlight the story of the Queens rapper.

The show will take place in the ’90s in New York City, and will detail Nas’ come up “from young man to crack dealer to rapper to adult.”

Nas also serves as executive producer for “Street Dreams,” which will be directed by Jonathan Levine (of Warm Bodies and The Night Before fame).

Given that news of BET picking up “Street Dreams” is still fresh, additional details on the series, including an expected air date, are scarce.

A similar concept was originally pitched almost three years ago to the now-defunct XBox Entertainment Studios, though it never panned out.

“I’m hands-on with everything, so this show is 100 percent authentic,” Nas said about the show in a 2014 interview with Rolling Stone. “Even if I don’t look cool in it, I just want it to be real and raw. I didn’t see this as a full autobiography at first. But I have so much that’s happened in my life already. There was no room for fantasy. I wanted it to be entertaining, but everything from my life seemed to be so strong. It’s all reality. There’s nothing from my life I didn’t want in there.”

Nas recently lent his pen to the Netflix series “The Get Down,” writing raps for one of the show’s main characters.

Last edited:
Dam. Even meek had his movie at the redbox and they couldnt let doggy get the silver screen? Just straight to cable huh? Movie fittna be wack anyways, his life aint full of action.

Last edited:
Just when Beyoncé thought she was going to have the internet buzzin, my dude Nas come and drop this bombshell...

Temperature's Rising was on Mobb Deep's 2nd album b :lol:

Can't wait for the show though :pimp:

I thought Belly was his life story.

Not serious.

I love Nas, but...

I don't wanna see his exaggerated life story.

Yeah I jacked this idea.

Best things in life are free. Complaining about not paying? I would give my Rogue One money to Nas if I could.

Fly, did you get an alert on your phone like that nter did when the news about beyonce's twins came out?

I hope that little knucklehead they pick to play Nas brings it b :lol:

Think about it, we will see a young Foxy, maybe AZ, maybe a young calf camel to play Jay-Z. I can't ******* wait!!!

Last edited:
You and your baby momma flyny the only chicks ready for this. The simple fact that i just gotta tune in and not bootleg the joint should let you know that the whole thing is wack.

Dont worry pa, your man Fly Young Red gon drop a Bio-Pic soon. Patience is virtue

I got that game used Nas microphone we talked about coming for you papa

:pimp: :pimp:

Fly, did you get an alert on your phone like that nter did when the news about beyonce's twins came out?

What's funny is that I already knew something was going to happen days prior to today. 7 nights ago, as I stood on my rooftop staring at the moon while reciting the 2nd verse of "Take It In Blood", a comet shot across the sky

I hope that little knucklehead they pick to play Nas brings it b :lol:

Think about it, we will see a young Foxy, maybe AZ, maybe a young calf camel to play Jay-Z. I can't ******* wait!!!

The young AZ gotta be official tissue cut from the same cloth as the visualiza. Gotta be 100% accurate down to the speech impediment :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom