need advice on air max shoes for basketball.

Ok... I played light 3 on 3 with friends, I was kinda worried about my knees since I packed on a few pounds.. but decided to risk it... since it was only avery light pick-up game of 3 on 3... I wore the white/navy soldier 3's since I thought they'd be up to the task of handling the 7-10 odd pounds Ipounds I put on... ok on to the game... we were playing for a while.. and I decided to drive to the basket (as I normally do) I got free from the defense...layed it up... but when i landed, my knee blew-out ( something like this happened to me before, but not that painful) ok... there goes the... its built forlebron, so it shpuld stand-up to whatever i can dish out idea (I never took it seriously but it was still at the back of my head)

ok... sorry for the loooong intro... now im looking for a Total Max (full length) air shoe that can take a pounding... I need some advice since the only fulllength air shoe ive ever owned was the 360bb's (My pair is Sooooo beat up!!!)

or something like that... to absorb the extra impact. (not that i plan on playing anytime soon)

My specifics:
PG-SG (slasher)
5'1 129-134 Lbs.

thanks for any advice you guys can give!

At that size, it has nothing to do with the impact. Sorry to destroy your idea, but you just landed wrong or had a bad game. I weigh about 100 pounds more thanyou and I wear the Soldiers and Kobe's all the time, with no impact problems.

But if you just want some Air Max to play in because you like them, I suggest the PwerMax for full length and the Bizness or Spot Up (Dirk's shoe, veryunder-rated) for cheaper shoes.

yea. im about 225 right now and the soldier 3 was a great shoe for me for months...and i have knee problems (torn meniscus, partially torn mcl to be specificlol).

Thanks guys... It wasn't really that big of an issue (the soldier thing) but thanks for clearing it up...
Ive heard lots of good things bout the powermax.. and its on sale (bonus)

Im even thinking of buying some commanders or bounce commanders to play in... I've heard they've got stiffer cushioning set-ups for heavier players.

and yes the soldier 3's are great shoes... it has the best heel lock-down I've experienced in any shoe.. even trumps the 23.

Back
Top Bottom