NikeTalk will be moving from July 13th-14th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are we on the same platform that sherdog.net is on? Looks similar and its the same emojis. Are we gonna get the NT ones back eventually?

As of now my only gripe is that there's no "go to last unread" when you click on a thread. Everything else is just new and gonna take some getting used to

Are we able to search within a specific thread that we are currently in? Also the search function is ehh results aren't accurate.

Ex. I'm searching for the pc thread, put in "official pc thread" and this is what I get.

Attachments

• pc.JPG
    pc.JPG
    514.6 KB · Views: 8
I hit to stop getting emails, but at the same time, I would like emails when I receive a PM or I'm quoted. I'm not sure how to get that back...

Good thing I made my NT email separate from my main. I have no clue if I'm receiving email notifications. No harm no foul if I am.

For the front page, I think the slideshow should be removed, or resized. Would make it look way better.

My bad if it's already been asked in this thread (and I'm almost sure it has been), but can anyone direct me on how to stop receiving emails for every time someone posts in a thread that I'm "watching". I have like 20 emails in my junk/spam folder from every post in the Destiny 2 thread lol.

I don't want emails period, don't care if I'm quoted or sent a pm since I'm not selling anything on here I can get to it when I get it, which is daily..I did lose a bunch of subs tho would like them back but not a big deal

One great feature: you can quote long posts and not have to worry about it taking up the entire page.

I apologize if this was already covered, but can we have some sort of feature request forum, maybe in the "site migration" area? It'll at the very least help compartmentalize and organize many of the comments (suggestions, complaints) people are giving. And these can be triaged based on urgency and popularity.

Also we definitely need a cooling off period. Every new forum will take some time to adjust. I've had to force myself to do that. After a couple weeks, that's when we'll know what really needs to be changed or not.
Another great feature: if someone quotes a long post and you then quote that person, that long post won't be made even longer by being formatted as an Inception-style quote within a quote, as was the case on the old platform.

We intended for people to report issues and share feedback in the Site Migration Help section, but since that hasn't happened we'll set up a bug reports/feedback forum to help us better track individual issues.

If anyone has a specific issue or concern about the new site, I'd encourage you to create a thread about it there once it's up. That way, it's all in one place, the team can easily see it without digging through threads like this one, and we can help everyone track progress related to these issues.

I now see a red number on the PM icon in the top right. I assume this is the number of PMs I have stored. For some reason I would find it more logical if the number only shows in case of any new PMs?
-edit
apparently I had to mark all of my PMs as read first, to get rid of the number and it will now show only the number of new PMs.

Also the new posts in thread-line still doesn't appear here.

Furthermore all credits Methodical Management Methodical Management for patiently answering to all the issues, including the ones that have been raised like 10 times before in this thread.
The way the import worked, I'm guessing all the PMs were added to each user's inbox they count as new because they're "new" to your current account. I now have 6,341 "unread" conversations. Hopefully we can eventually get some kind of tool together to mark all messages as read.

I know a lot of people like to keep their alerts at zero so they feel all caught up. It's useful for us on the staff, too, to make sure we've answered anyone who may have reached out to us for help.

Everyone's tired of hearing this, but these issues have to be prioritized. We all want the emoji back, we all want the favicons back, but yesterday the team had to fix all the broken redirects. Without those working, nobody can find their way in to our community from search - which is a huge problem. Fixing the redirects was also necessary so you can all find your favorite threads using the search engine while we're working out a way to get the old posts indexed.

If I change my name can we use spaces and capital letters?

Not trying to waste the 1 time change and the letters are still all lowercase
You can use spaces and caps, just like in my account name.

So do I contact an admin to request name change??
https://niketalk.com/threads/how-to-change-or-correct-your-account-name.664280/

Can we hide sections yet? No need for me to have Regional & Classifieds on my feed.
Probably the best way to do this is to watch your favorite forums, then visit "watched forums" under the forums/home tabs in the menu.

There's a stable link for this, so you can bookmark it over even make it your home page: https://niketalk.com/watched/forums

It's a custom forum directory for only the forums you care about most.

I would recommend that for most users wondering how to more easily access their favorite forums from the navigation menu.

So is the image gallery feature for desktop gone for good?
The great thing about the new platform is that we can invest in custom development. As I've tried to explain many times now - it's not a good time for us to undertake those projects when a major new version will:

1. Create a lot of new features, obviating the need to develop certain fixes.
2. Significantly alter the core of the software, which could break some or all of the custom code we might write for the current version.

Once that new version is available, we can pay developers to build the features we want. That's not cheap, and the more custom stuff you add the more weight and complexity you add to the platform - which can impact performance and stability. As a result, we may not be able to do EVERYTHING everyone wants, but we can and will do our best to improve the site to the best of our abilities moving forward.

It's going to keep getting better.

Some of you have already noticed the Twitter and IG embed functionality. That was built for us in house by the amazing developers we're now working with.

Is NT supposed to look very mobile-ish or am I doing something wrong?
We now have a single, unified design for the entire site rather than separate mobile and desktop looks. Most visits come from mobile these days, so mobile was the obvious target platform.

While the new look is closer to the Huddler mobile site than the Huddler desktop site, it's also designed to look a lot like our old ezboard site.

My bad if it's already been asked in this thread (and I'm almost sure it has been), but can anyone direct me on how to stop receiving emails for every time someone posts in a thread that I'm "watching". I have like 20 emails in my junk/spam folder from every post in the Destiny 2 thread lol.
There are many ways to unsubscribe.

First, go to your preferences and makes sure the "and receive email notifications" boxes are unchecked. This will make sure that all your future subscriptions do not include email notifications.

This step will NOT affect all your current subscriptions, however, so you'll need to disable email notifications for those.

I already covered a way to do this using checkboxes from your watched threads page:

https://niketalk.com/threads/niketa...m-july-13th-14th.660120/page-78#post-28455841

You can also just unsubscribe from all threads at once here: https://niketalk.com/watched/threads/all/manage
Then add back the ones you want, and, because you've changed your defaults, they'll no longer send email notifications.

ETA on actual name change? just so me and others stop asking lol

Methodical Management Methodical Management

thank you
We work with a small team that includes a lead and assistant developer. As you can imagine, there's a lot of work to do and it has to be prioritized.

The user name change is something that we know quite a few people are counting on and looking forward to, but today the top priority is making sure our automated backup system is set up and configured properly to best protect everyone's posts, accounts, photos, and so on.

For now, the name change offers immediate relief for those who need to fix the capitalization and/or spacing of their username following the move. We will expand it as promised as soon as we're able.

In the meantime, if you want to perform a complete name change, please stay patient and resist the temptation to use your one time change on formatting, so the feature will remain available to you after it's been updated.

I guess its huddler muscle memory because everytime i open the three dots drop down menu up top, once I'm done I press it again to close only in this case it doesnt close, but takes you to your profile.

I guess its huddler muscle memory because everytime i open the three dots drop down menu up top, once I'm done I press it again to close only in this case it doesnt close, but takes you to your profile.
You can just tap outside those menus to close them.

I agree that there should be an 'X' somewhere to make it more obvious how to close out, as is the case with the nav menu on the left. In this case, we're kind of limited by the software. The alerts and PM tabs work the same way. If you tap on them a second time, you're taken to the full page for those options.

I'd like to improve that, but it may need to wait until after the next major version of the software releases in 6-8 months.

I've noticed that pictures I used to upload using the old format are now "larger than the maximum size". So I have to use an image hosting site.

I never had to do that with a picture before...is there still that option where u can pick the size before posting? Maybe I'm just not seeing it

We intended for people to report issues and share feedback in the Site Migration Help section, but since that hasn't happened we'll set up a bug reports/feedback forum to help us better track individual issues.

Methodical Management Methodical Management I think if you put some type of sticky that states "post issues here/create issue thread" would help. All the threads in that section were "instructional" threads created by you so I didn't know if I should start one and instead posted my question here.

So the toolbar disappeared for me. You know, when you're replying to a thread, you have all those options above the text box. It's gone for me and I only have a text box. Also the tagging feature doesn't work for me anymore. Methodical Management Methodical Management did I press a wrong button or something?

I've noticed that pictures I used to upload using the old format are now "larger than the maximum size". So I have to use an image hosting site.

I never had to do that with a picture before...is there still that option where u can pick the size before posting? Maybe I'm just not seeing it
How large are the files you're trying to upload in terms of MB? The limit is actually higher now than it used to be (it might even be too high right now - but we'll see how much hotlinking abuse occurs and what the impact is.)

I like how the ig photo is embedded after just posting the link in the reply box . Way simpler.
The new Twitter and IG embed functionality is clutch. Big thanks to @CvP for making that happen for us.

Not feeling this new look. Bring back the old look!
We might make a "retro" theme available as an option for those who are having trouble letting go. We'll also be tweaking the current design a bit.

Methodical Management Methodical Management I think if you put some type of sticky that states "post issues here/create issue thread" would help. All the threads in that section were "instructional" threads created by you so I didn't know if I should start one and instead posted my question here.
As I mentioned, we'll be creating a separate bug reports/feedback forum to solve that problem. We didn't realize all the guides would be intimidating and discourage people from submitting their own questions or issues.

So the toolbar disappeared for me. You know, when you're replying to a thread, you have all those options above the text box. It's gone for me and I only have a text box. Also the tagging feature doesn't work for me anymore. Methodical Management Methodical Management did I press a wrong button or something?
You must've accidentally tapped "use bbcode editor."

There's a link at the bottom right to restore the rich text editor.

Use-Rich-Text-Editor.gif

@mentions work automatically. Just type @ and then start typing the username. As you can see, the @ mention you included in your reply functioned normally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom