NT men, just how important is a firm handshake?

Originally Posted by DrTobaggan

Originally Posted by scshift

If I receive a weak handshake, usually the first thought in my head is this guy is insecure/lacks confidence, but usually I forget about it later on
feel the complete opposite, if someone tries to squeeze my hand as hard they can I feel like they are insecure...It's like I get it you have a small pp so you squeeze my hand as hard as you can to make up for it.

I feel the same way. If you try to break the next man's hand, what are you really trying to cover up? Do you realize how hard you are trying to shake someones hand?

I try to test these people who have really hard handshakes.. Instead of trying to match that, My hand just crumbles in theirs. I give no feedback. That should show that I dont respect that sort of thing as I don't really shake back. A nice mutual shake is when you feel the feedback of their hand. I don't give that distinct honor to those who try to break my fingers.

If I receive a weak handshake, usually the first thought in my head is this guy is insecure/lacks confidence, but usually I forget about it later on
feel the complete opposite, if someone tries to squeeze my hand as hard they can I feel like they are insecure...It's like I get it you have a small pp so you squeeze my hand as hard as you can to make up for it.

I feel the same way. If you try to break the next man's hand, what are you really trying to cover up? Do you realize how hard you are trying to shake someones hand?

I try to test these people who have really hard handshakes.. Instead of trying to match that, My hand just crumbles in theirs. I give no feedback. That should show that I dont respect that sort of thing as I don't really shake back. A nice mutual shake is when you feel the feedback of their hand. I don't give that distinct honor to those who try to break my fingers.

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

this is why you need the perfect balance.... i read an article on this in bloomberg , but i cant find it at the moment.
very interesting..

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

this is why you need the perfect balance.... i read an article on this in bloomberg , but i cant find it at the moment.
very interesting..

Probably not a big deal, but I know a few people on here probably think the thumb placement on the knuckle is like mind-blowing evidence of Illuminati status. 
ohwell.gif

Probably not a big deal, but I know a few people on here probably think the thumb placement on the knuckle is like mind-blowing evidence of Illuminati status. 
ohwell.gif

it really depends on the person and the enviorment.
in the business world a firm handshake is a must tho.
bt to answer your question I take weak handshake as a symbol of how our friendship is unless i know a handshake really doesnt matter between us.
I exspect a hand squeezing or hand clapping type handshake from people like my cousin because we are cool like that and i may just say forget the handshake and hug him on some John Mayer type %!*%. just to be a goofball...
bt I know a couple laid back people im really cool with but we just dont handshake(kinda what separates us from the rest of our friends.
it really depends bt all in all my real close friends your gonna see some kind of unique type handshake. 

it really depends on the person and the enviorment.
in the business world a firm handshake is a must tho.
bt to answer your question I take weak handshake as a symbol of how our friendship is unless i know a handshake really doesnt matter between us.
I exspect a hand squeezing or hand clapping type handshake from people like my cousin because we are cool like that and i may just say forget the handshake and hug him on some John Mayer type %!*%. just to be a goofball...
bt I know a couple laid back people im really cool with but we just dont handshake(kinda what separates us from the rest of our friends.
it really depends bt all in all my real close friends your gonna see some kind of unique type handshake. 

A firm handshake is everything. 
It's how you permanently establish your standing with someone.
Most Salesmen and Business Owners pride themselves in not being on the weak end of a handshake.

Most Salesmen and Business Owners pride themselves in not being on the weak end of a handshake.

Originally Posted by Supermanblue79

No. I have never permanently established someones standing with me based on their handshake. That's foolish. I've met some very important people in my lifetime, and I have never left the meeting thinking, "wow, that guys handshake was awesome. I should grab his business card"

Originally Posted by Supermanblue79

No. I have never permanently established someones standing with me based on their handshake. That's foolish. I've met some very important people in my lifetime, and I have never left the meeting thinking, "wow, that guys handshake was awesome. I should grab his business card"

I GAVE UP ON HANDSHAKES WAY TOO PRIMITIVE

PEOPLE THROW SOO MANY DIFFERENT ONES THAT I END UP GIVING "OCKY HANDSHAKES"

SOME PEOPLE GIVE THE FINGER GUN SHAKE WHILE IM THINKING ITS A NORMAL HANDSHAKE

OR WHEN YOU REACH IN FOR A SHAKE AND THEN THEY PULL YOU IN AND "SHOW LOVE" WITH THE DAP ON THE BACK STUFF

IM NOT EXPECTING NONE OF THIS SO IT MIGHT COME OFF AS "DISRESPECTFUL " IF I JUST SLAP UR HAND QUICK AND THATS IT

WHAT SPEAKS AND PUT INTO ACTION IS WAY MORE IMPORTANT

I GAVE UP ON HANDSHAKES WAY TOO PRIMITIVE

PEOPLE THROW SOO MANY DIFFERENT ONES THAT I END UP GIVING "OCKY HANDSHAKES"

SOME PEOPLE GIVE THE FINGER GUN SHAKE WHILE IM THINKING ITS A NORMAL HANDSHAKE

OR WHEN YOU REACH IN FOR A SHAKE AND THEN THEY PULL YOU IN AND "SHOW LOVE" WITH THE DAP ON THE BACK STUFF

IM NOT EXPECTING NONE OF THIS SO IT MIGHT COME OFF AS "DISRESPECTFUL " IF I JUST SLAP UR HAND QUICK AND THATS IT

WHAT SPEAKS AND PUT INTO ACTION IS WAY MORE IMPORTANT

I ALWAYS give a FIRM handshake. I can tell right off the bat is someone is not worth my time. When ever ppl give me weak handshakes internally I'm like
indifferent.gif

I ALWAYS give a FIRM handshake. I can tell right off the bat is someone is not worth my time. When ever ppl give me weak handshakes internally I'm like
indifferent.gif

Back
Top Bottom