NT men, just how important is a firm handshake?

Weird that I catch this thread..
S/O's father still giving me the arthritis handshake. Just left my abode about an hour ago. I forget how much weak shakes agitate me until I shake his hand.
Long story, but I'm far from his perfect "choice" for the princess so he continues with the weak shakes when they (her parents) arrive/leave.

I find that looking at someone's face as I shake their hand is more important.  People who are afraid of looking into someone's face/eyes are ones who are insecure and weak.

I find that looking at someone's face as I shake their hand is more important.  People who are afraid of looking into someone's face/eyes are ones who are insecure and weak.

reminds of a king of the hill episode when the president gives him a limp handshake so he doesnt vote for him

reminds of a king of the hill episode when the president gives him a limp handshake so he doesnt vote for him

Originally Posted by Supermanblue79

A firm handshake is everything. 
It's how you permanently establish your standing with someone.
Most Salesmen and Business Owners pride themselves in not being on the weak end of a handshake.
in a job yes.

on the outside, eye contact.

Originally Posted by Supermanblue79

A firm handshake is everything. 
It's how you permanently establish your standing with someone.
Most Salesmen and Business Owners pride themselves in not being on the weak end of a handshake.
in a job yes.

on the outside, eye contact.

Maybe if people would stop prematurely closing their hands you could actually get a decent grip for a shake. It's annoying when people think you have a weak shake just because they choose to crush your fingers instead of "locking your thumbs" if you know what i'm saying.

Maybe if people would stop prematurely closing their hands you could actually get a decent grip for a shake. It's annoying when people think you have a weak shake just because they choose to crush your fingers instead of "locking your thumbs" if you know what i'm saying.

Originally Posted by Air ih Zona

Very important. Throughout the years of fapping i have developed enough strength to have a firm handshake

sick.gif
laugh.gif

with women: eye contact >>>>>>>>>>>> Handshake. I've gotten a few numbers literally from 90% EC & 10% verbal communication
with dudes: I really don't know. I only do firm handshakes & focus on eye contact on job interviews

with women: eye contact >>>>>>>>>>>> Handshake. I've gotten a few numbers literally from 90% EC & 10% verbal communication
with dudes: I really don't know. I only do firm handshakes & focus on eye contact on job interviews

I was in a business meeting the other day, he gave me the 'ole limp fish handshake. I automatically thought this guy was weak. How are you going try to win clients with the weakest of all handshakes standing .

I was in a business meeting the other day, he gave me the 'ole limp fish handshake. I automatically thought this guy was weak. How are you going try to win clients with the weakest of all handshakes standing .

eh, it's BS.
IF you do it consciously, what does it mean? Can't it be imitated then?

One of the wealthiest (and most ruthless when it comes to money) men I know has a horribly weak handshake.

eh, it's BS.
IF you do it consciously, what does it mean? Can't it be imitated then?

One of the wealthiest (and most ruthless when it comes to money) men I know has a horribly weak handshake.

Originally Posted by Club29

Originally Posted by scshift

If I receive a weak handshake, usually the first thought in my head is this guy is insecure/lacks confidence, but usually I forget about it later on

pretty much.

but whats more important is EYE CONTACT!

ALWAYS look whoever's hand your shaking in the eye

i find it extremely disrespectful when people look somewhere else.

it just demonstrates a certain quality in an individual when they make/dont make eye contact.

Little things say alot about a person.
Eye contact is traditionally avoided in many cultures...i.e. it's considered disrespectful for someone to look at a person of authority in the eyes...or you have cultures where eye contact between men and women is uncommon.

Originally Posted by Club29

Originally Posted by scshift

If I receive a weak handshake, usually the first thought in my head is this guy is insecure/lacks confidence, but usually I forget about it later on

pretty much.

but whats more important is EYE CONTACT!

ALWAYS look whoever's hand your shaking in the eye

i find it extremely disrespectful when people look somewhere else.

it just demonstrates a certain quality in an individual when they make/dont make eye contact.

Little things say alot about a person.
Eye contact is traditionally avoided in many cultures...i.e. it's considered disrespectful for someone to look at a person of authority in the eyes...or you have cultures where eye contact between men and women is uncommon.

Back
Top Bottom