NT: My Pops is about to make a huge mistake. Advice please

To make a long story short my Dad has dated this woman off and on for 10 years or so. They had two separate relationships that each lasted 2-3 years. Theyended up breaking up because she was trying really hard to get my Dad to marry her and he wasn't having it. She was living at the house with us at the timeand ended up moving out.

All of a sudden my dad thinks it's a good idea to try this again. I asked him why since he's already been down that road before and it didn't worktwice and he said "Same road, but older travelers, worth the trip."This man is almost 60, how I can be 21 and know that if something didn't workthe first time, or the second time that it's not going to work the 3rd time and he isn't able to recognize that is beyond me.

Another issue I have is that this woman is a good 20 years or so younger than my Dad, and she doesn't have any of the qualities that a younger woman shouldhave IMO. She can't cook, can't clean, none of that stuff.

It makes very little sense to me for a man who's already been divorced twice to try things a 3rd time with a younger woman who things haven't workedwith twice already unless there's something that has drastically changed about her. And as we all know, once someone reaches a certain age, they aren'tgoing to change drastically.

Problem is that my Dad is the most stubborn person, and he hasn't listened to or responded to the things that I've said to him regarding letting hermove in again (with marriage back on the table). He's going to do what he wants regardless, which I respect, but I need to make a last ditch effort
laugh.gif
Any advice?

Originally Posted by P MAC ONE

To make a long story short my Dad has dated this woman off and on for 10 years or so. They had two separate relationships that each lasted 2-3 years. They ended up breaking up because she was trying really hard to get my Dad to marry her and he wasn't having it. She was living at the house with us at the time and ended up moving out.

All of a sudden my dad thinks it's a good idea to try this again. I asked him why since he's already been down that road before and it didn't work twice and he said "Same road, but older travelers, worth the trip."This man is almost 60, how I can be 21 and know that if something didn't work the first time, or the second time that it's not going to work the 3rd time and he isn't able to recognize that is beyond me.

Another issue I have is that this woman is a good 20 years or so younger than my Dad, and she doesn't have any of the qualities that a younger woman should have IMO. She can't cook, can't clean, none of that stuff.

It makes very little sense to me for a man who's already been divorced twice to try things a 3rd time with a younger woman who things haven't worked with twice already unless there's something that has drastically changed about her. And as we all know, once someone reaches a certain age, they aren't going to change drastically.

Problem is that my Dad is the most stubborn person, and he hasn't listened to or responded to the things that I've said to him regarding letting her move in again (with marriage back on the table). He's going to do what he wants regardless, which I respect, but I need to make a last ditch effort
laugh.gif
Any advice?

To make a long story short my Dad has dated this woman off and on for 10 years or so. They had two separate relationships that each lasted 2-3 years. They ended up breaking up because she was trying really hard to get my Dad to marry her and he wasn't having it. She was living at the house with us at the time and ended up moving out.

All of a sudden my dad thinks it's a good idea to try this again. I asked him why since he's already been down that road before and it didn't work twice and he said "Same road, but older travelers, worth the trip."This man is almost 60, how I can be 21 and know that if something didn't work the first time, or the second time that it's not going to work the 3rd time and he isn't able to recognize that is beyond me.

Another issue I have is that this woman is a good 20 years or so younger than my Dad, and she doesn't have any of the qualities that a younger woman should have IMO. She can't cook, can't clean, none of that stuff.

It makes very little sense to me for a man who's already been divorced twice to try things a 3rd time with a younger woman who things haven't worked with twice already unless there's something that has drastically changed about her. And as we all know, once someone reaches a certain age, they aren't going to change drastically.

Problem is that my Dad is the most stubborn person, and he hasn't listened to or responded to the things that I've said to him regarding letting her move in again (with marriage back on the table). He's going to do what he wants regardless, which I respect, but I need to make a last ditch effort
laugh.gif
Any advice?

stopped reading there.

indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by thytkerjobs

laugh.gif
Any advice?

stopped reading there.

indifferent.gif
I see why you say that, but I don't mean it to be chauvinistic at all.

The reasoning my Dad gave me for giving it another try with this girl was "So you just expect me to be alone for 30+ years"

My Dad has smoked his entire life, yet my Mom who never smoked died of lung cancer in January. I've been trying to get him to quit since she was diagnosedlike 5 years ago. Since she passed I've made it clear to him that he's going to end up like her if he doesn't quit. I get the feeling he'sgoing for a 3rd try because he feels like he needs someone to be around, and that's she a candidate so ++!@ it why not try. That just makes no sense to me,if it didn't work the first time there needs to be something that changed to make the 2nd time worthwhile. That wasn't the case, both times they brokeit off for the same reason. Now he's giving it a 3rd run. Makes no sense at all to me.

I'm mad that you think just cuz she's a woman that she needs to know how to cook and clean LOLLL...

Thats effed up.
roll.gif

let the old man get his damn!!!!
he knows the consequences of being with a younger women

every women should go through a mandatory training course on how to cook, clean and satisfiy a mans
needs once they graduate out of highschool
grin.gif

Originally Posted by KatieJade4

I'm mad that you think just cuz she's a woman that she needs to know how to cook and clean LOLLL...

Thats effed up.
roll.gif
I didn't say that.

I tried to clear up why I said that up above.

I want my Dad to find a woman/get married. Just not this woman.
so this is about you and not your dad. what makes you right and him wrong? sounds like you aren't anywhere close to as wise as you areclaiming to be
anyhow, here is your advise, mind your own +*@*@*% business and try to be happy for the old man. and if it doesn't work out for him then be there for himand don't say "I told you so."

Seriously, *@#$ her. Tell you dad that you @#+*%# her. That will get your point across.

Back
Top Bottom