NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

Drinking stones ruinten tonight. I've been drinking so many of the bruery's experimental and sours and other breweries stouts that I forgot how amazing a cold IPA is on a hot summer night.

And I don't know how I completely forgot to mention my favorite Denver brewery in my last post...the metal warriors of TRVE Brewing Company! They're a tiny 7-barrel capacity brewery that literally makes barely enough to only serve out of their taproom.

But damn, their beers are killer, and they're always playing metal and hard rock (right up my alley...today was Judas Priest btw) over their PA. I was out doing some record shopping and had to stop by to grab a beer (Tunnel Of Trees IPA today). Everything I've had of theirs is really good.

And last night, I had a Dry Dock Apricot Blonde while watching UFC. it's good stuff too.

any Ommegang fans? I've tried all their stuff, everything is top notch. Just had the Blonde Ale, its perfection..

wow been sleeping on this thread

grabbed a six of this a couple days ago because of the packaging :lol: liked it will be purchasing again

I had to give it a shot but def not worth $13

Worst craft beer ever.

Just finished my last 2 cans of Dale's Pale Ale.

And I gotta say...moving to Denver makes me appreciate craft beer even more than I did. There's just so damn much of it around here!

Over the past few weeks, the missus and I have been to a few of the local breweries (Strange & Funkwerks are especially badass) and enjoyed tons of great stuff, like Tne Bruery Tart Of Darkness, Dry Dock Apricot Blonde, the Funkwerks lineup, Colorado Cider Company and tons and tons more.

If you want an amazing craft beer-centered vacation, get to Denver, Boulder & Fort Collins!

Portland/Eugene & San Diego would like a word with you

Still need to get out to CO one of these days just for beer and boarding

Drinking stones ruinten tonight. I've been drinking so many of the bruery's experimental and sours and other breweries stouts that I forgot how amazing a cold IPA is on a hot summer night.

IPA on a summer night & an imperial stout on a lazy winter sunday :pimp:

any Ommegang fans? I've tried all their stuff, everything is top notch. Just had the Blonde Ale, its perfection..

They never fail when I need a belgian

I had to give it a shot but def not worth $13
The Chocolate, Peanut Butter & Banana from Rogue was surprisingly good.
That Bacon Maple bs one though?
Disgusting. One of the worst beers I've ever drank.

Have had the Hennepin at the local Yard House. Very good beer. Would have no hesitation getting it again.

I went to my local brewery, Monkish Brewing Co, on saturday for a growler fill of Rosa Hip's. Belgian Dubbel brewed with rose hips. Great beer.
But while I was waiting for my growler to fill, I couldn't just sit there. Had to have a taste of their newest beer.
Seme Della Vita
Trippel with pistachios and vanilla
It was amazing. Not boozy at all for 9.8%

-J-

how much and how was the inventory? I'm off work thursday and friday. might need to take a trip to the OC.

-J-

It's $30 a bottle no limit. I'm not sure what their inventory was but they had the shelves stacked with them and 4 cases to the side. My gf is going on Wednesday with friends. I'll let you know if they have any left.

Just checked thier facebook and they have 25 cases set aside for today. You can get them online but they only ship in California. http://www.thebruerystore.com/default.aspx
Get on it. If you've never had it order it anyways. It will not disappoint.

I'm only in Hawthorne. I'd rather save the $15 they are charging for shipping and just head to the tap room.
Thanks for the info though.
Heading to Disneyland on friday. may need to make a quick detour home and run in right quick.

-J-

Finally tried Pliny the Elder. I'm not the type to chase something like that down or keep tabs where it pops up. It happened to be on tap at a restaurant I was at. Obviously not worthy of the outrageous hype surrounding it - nothing ever would - but it's damn good.

Too early?

Nope.. I skip September. You can keep that Pumpkin stuff.. I was actually tempted to try a few different pumpkin based beers but quickly went off of that idea.. 9 long months I've been waiting for this oktoberfest release. I picked up a gallons worth in growlers, and a case in cans. This may be the only beer I drink the rest of 2013. Reviews are average, if not mediocre. But having it this fresh has a major appeal right now. Malty/biscuity taste in a truly easy to drink session style beer @ 6% abv is all you really want out of this style.

I need NT's input--what beer should I review next: World Wide Stout, 120 Minute IPA, or Rochefort 10? First response is what I'm about to drink.

I don't get either DFH beer, but I do have rochefort 10 available... I'd love a review of that... Never had the chance to pick that up. It's always been a last option and last man out when choosing just a few beers at the beer store.

Rochefort 10 has been poured and the first few sips have been taken. I'll post the review in a day or two when I get my computer back. Got a few others to post as well.

Had this tonight. WOAH. This might be taking the place of Two Hearted Ale as my favorite beer. This was on another level man. I definitely need to track down a case or at least a 6er of this stuff.

Back
Top Bottom