NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

Finally got my computer back last night. Said I would post some beer reviews a few days ago so here they are:

For as common as this beer is, I've never really bothered to try it out.  Pleasantly surprised.  Light, balanced, drinkable.  Slightly hoppy, but lacks any significant floral or citrus notes.  Just a solid go-to beer overall.  8/10

Not a huge fan of quads (or most Belgians, for that matter), but I figured I'd give this a shot.  Has the appearance of muddy water with a head that pretty much never goes away.  Dark fruits, raisins, and amaretto come through in this beer.  Decadent, but not really my style.  Glad I tried it, but I won't be buying another.  7/10

Finally cracked this one open.  Not what I expected at all.  The flavor profile on this was 95% sour and 5% roasted malts.  Was really hoping for more balance to this beer.  Split the bottle with two friends; one enjoyed it, the other deemed it disgusting after half of a glass.  Another beer that I'm glad I had a chance to drink, but won't be buying again.  7/10

Another Bruery sour.  This one's a little more balanced, but that's not saying much.  Tastes of sour apple with a bit of rye in the finish.  I could drink a small glass of this, but anything more than that is just too much.  Definitely a bottle to split amongst friends. 7.5/10

This one was a 2012. Wasn't as hoppy as I anticipated, but age will do that.  A malty, syrupy beer with moderate hop presence and an alcohol burn that I personally enjoyed.  Not for everyone, but enjoyed this enough to where I'd buy it again.  Looking forward to trying this fresh one day.  8.5/10

Another big Dogfish offering.  Huge roasted malt flavor in this beer with hints of espresso and chocolate.  Another pleasant alcohol burn to this beer.  Like 120 Minute, this is definitely a sipper and will hit you like a ton of bricks if you drink it too fast.  Another beer I'd love to try fresh and aged back-to-back.  9.25/10

However, on that note these will be my last reviews for probably a few months.  Nursing school starts up next week so I'm taking a hiatus from drinking.  This summer took a toll on me. 
mean.gif
laugh.gif

I haven't been able to find the dogfish head noble rot anywhere since I tried it a year ago. Does anyone else do a noble rot beer?

I haven't been able to find the dogfish head noble rot anywhere since I tried it a year ago. Does anyone else do a noble rot beer?

A noble rot beer? As far as I know i've only heard that term from DFH. Noble Rot is on the shelves where I'm currently working if you want me to grab a couple for you.

Tonight is unlimited wings with coworkers so I'm going to be drinking domestic whatever is cheapest beer. 8)

Finally trying 90 minute tonight. Upon first couple sips, it is really great but I think I like the 60 ,Knute better. It's a bit more balanced

How is the SN Bigfoot Ale??? I bought a single but havent cracked it yet... Probably wait til Sat for the Mich v ND game

How is the SN Bigfoot Ale??? I bought a single but havent cracked it yet... Probably wait til Sat for the Mich v ND game
It's nice fresh, but I hear it's better aged.  It's pretty hoppy when fresh, but it mellows over time and from what I've told a bottle of Bigfoot aged 2-3 years tastes like liquid caramel.  I'd pick up another and do a comparison.

Saw there was a lone bottle of Barrel-Aged Bigfoot behind the counter at the beer distributor I picked those up at.  Tried to buy it, but apparently it's part of the owner's personal stash. 
ohwell.gif

Any good? I'm a fan if their toasted lager but everything else I tried from them like blueberry and summer falls short.

We literally eye to eye on that.

Love Toasted. Didn't like Summer or Blue (I've had much better Blueberry Ales)

The Pumpkin is good. Go for a 6.

For the record, whiskey and pumpkin ale are a magical combo and a bit of a tradition around this time.

Drinking pbr tonight. Going through rough times and I feel I am undeserving of a proper craft beer. 6 cans in and I barely feel anything.

nthat.gif
nthat.gif
nthat.gif
 at all the headytoppers

Highlights of the summer...

Deschutes Fresh Squeezed Ipa 

Bootleggers Knuckle Sandwich always good. 

Shipyard Smashed Pumpkin is by far the best pumpkin beer I've had. Smooth, hints of nutmeg, delicious 

The Boulevards's Double Wide Ipa and Farmhouse Ale (saison), why did i sleep on these for so long! The double wide is great but the Farmhouse Ale is superb.

Golden Road Hudson Porter

Goose Island The Illinois Imperial Ipa, Sofie Paradisi, Bourbon County Stout (no tap handle, for a reason)

Dog Fish Sah'tea

....Goose Island's Bourbon County...wow...incredible...really glad i got to try this and on draft. 

Took a day trip to New Port Beach,Ca a few weeks ago and ended the night here, New Port Beach Brew Co. 

Hoppy Endings and Lil Cowboy Stout both awesome

New Port Beach Brew Co something... wish i remembered what this tasted liked

Drakes Aroma Coma, so so so so good, glad i stocked up on this. 

For the fiend's 

Bluepoint's pumpkin is good, nothing earth shattering but worthy of a 6 pack

That Shipley's Smashed Pumpkin is great

I'm such a pumpkin beer nerd in the fall :lol:

A favorite IPA of mine.  Definitely more citrusy than floral/piney.  Bitter, but not overwhelmingly like some IPAs are.  Light and drinkable.  My only gripe about this beer is that the new bottles don't have a "Bottled On" date.  While I know this one is relatively fresh, this won't be the case by the time Winter rolls around...and this beer does not fare well after about 3-4 months.  "Bottled On" dates should be standard practice by now, particularly when it comes to IPAs.  I like to know how old the beer I'm drinking is regardless of the style.  Having said that: this is an exceptional beer, but Jai Alai remains my favorite Single IPA.  9.33/10

After drinking a bomber of Oatmeal Yeti without ever trying the original, I figured it was time to give it a shot.  While the Oatmeal was a sweet and chocolatey beer, those flavors are very subdued in this one.  This beer is really roasty and has a surprising hop presence.  The finish is still sweet, but markedly less than the Oatmeal with a caramel toffee flavor.  As with most stouts, I'm liking this more and more as it warms up.  Now that this beer comes in 4-packs, I wouldn't mind making it one of my go-to beers.  Definitely prefer this over the Oatmeal.  9.5/10

taking it easy on Labor Day and drinking some Sam Adams Cherry Wheats in the nice cold AC

it's muggy and humid as a mofo out here in Philly :smh:

Back
Top Bottom