NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

New to this thread, didnt know there were so many beer drinkers/traders on here. Anyone into sour beers? I love Jester King and Wicked Weed. Trading for some Russian River this week.

Just traded for these

JESTER KING!

:pimp:

Tried some Nocturn when I was out in Austin a few weeks back. Haven't tried any other their other beers tho.

JESTER KING!

:pimp:

Tried some Nocturn when I was out in Austin a few weeks back. Haven't tried any other their other beers tho.

I still need to get on that Jester King. Been spending all of my money at the bars to watch the WC games. So broke... :smh:

Also, I've been considering trying to homebrew as a hobby. Anybody know any essential reading I should be looking at before making the investment?

Last edited:
Nice stuff these past few days since my last post.

I've been on a mission to clean out my beer fridge from any stragglers that aren't >8% beasts.

I had plans to maybe save some oberon, two hearted, dirt wolf, and sculpin for my birthday next month. But chose against that on a whim. Among these oberon stands out as being sort of forgettable taste wise. The others are beasts. I don't know how other AZ breweries can compete. I believe they are the only state in the west to have both ballast point beers and Bell's beers.

Some other notable findings..
-Allagash White is good. But still kind of a forgettable style of sorts. I get the same joy when I drink a Hoegaarden or something similar
-Elevated IPA may be among the other beer that can collapse the trio of dirtwolf/sculpin/two hearted. So luckily, I can't get any of those three, but can get just the one as some sort of "replacement"
-Santa Fe Brewing Imperial Java Stout is a solid stout. After going through many other coffee stouts, I am reminded that this one is priced too good, and has a solid coffee, almost espresso like flavor.

By weekends end as I try to lay low for awhile, I will have just 8-10 stouts/barley wines in my fridge waiting for cooler temps outside.

To the NTer asking about homebrewing.. I do it.. I love it. Here is what we did.
-Read this book:
Amazon product ASIN 0060531053-Browse homebrewtalk. Google search your question and they should have your question answered in their archive
- GO to a homebrew shop and ask questions. I learned a lot from those guys. I didnt even know how to read a all grain recipe sheet as we brewed our first all grain. Learning on the fly is a part of it
-Youtube videos are great. Techniques and equipment breakdowns are all over the place.

Total Wine: Two Hearted, 60Min, Devil Dancer Triple IPA, 120Min, Nighttime, and Amstel Light for the females. 

Met up with a BA member today to pick these up :D.

Sipping on some Hop Juju tonight. Bottled on 3/6 but held up really well. Tons of tropical fruit notes, juicy and has a nice sweetness to it. 9% ABV is well hidden. Tastes almost like a dessert. Awesome stuff!

Last edited:
Du Claw Funk

Very refreshing summer ale; it's a blueberry citrus american pale ale

Last edited:
I gotta try the new dogfish Head black and white, I loved their other wine-like offering.

Having this right now, kinda refreshing with a sour tartness to it.
uinta-birthday-suit-21.jpg

Last edited:
Picked these up for tonight.

Ten Fidy, Mint IPA from No Label in Katy, TX and White Rabbit, a white ale from Independence in Austin.

^http://www.organics.org/8-beers-that-you-should-stop-drinking-immediately/

The Newcastle beer has been found to contain caramel coloring. Class 3 and 4 caramel coloring is made from ammonia, which is classified as a carcinogen. While alcohol is a carcinogen itself, drinking it in moderation may decrease your chances at developing cancer. However, more added carcinogens will have the opposite effect. “The one and only” beer with extra cancer causing qualities.

Sipping on this tonight. Bottled on 6/19, so super fresh! Lots of hops upfront with some citrus notes and sweetness from the caramel malts. At 10.8 ABV, this went down really smooth. Very nice offering from Stone.

Sipping on this tonight. Bottled on 6/19, so super fresh! Lots of hops upfront with some citrus notes and sweetness from the caramel malts. At 10.8 ABV, this went down really smooth. Very nice offering from Stone.

According to the overly critical folks at BA, this year's batch is subpar....overly malty they say.

The very first release of Ruinten (2 years ago I think) was incredible. I'm not even a fan of Ruination so it doesn't even make sense that I like Ruinten as much as I did. The release the year after (last year) was pretty meh.

Will buy/try this year's regardless.

I can see that. It was sweeter than I liked it to be and somewhat syrupy. Considering it was bottled 3 days ago, I had to give it a try.

Back
Top Bottom