laugh.gif
 I'm with pablo, gotta try it 
Even if it's bad, I'd chug it and get faded
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
I'm still in college party mode.

Originally Posted by yeahitsRUST

Originally Posted by AJChick23

RUST, I was about to say that's weird Victory Golden Monkey is tough to find for you (love that brew..and it'll knock you on your @++ after a few
laugh.gif
) but I just realized you're on
the left coast and it's brewed in PA.

As for Lagunitas, that should be easier to find for you since they're in Cali as well.

I'm long overdue to do a latest pickups review
nerd.gif
laugh.gif
 I'm actually in Western North Carolina right now. Been here for almost two years 
sick.gif
 But the beer scene here in Asheville NC is awesome! They were named Beer City USA last year. That Victory Golden Monkey surprised me by how much I liked it. Build a sixer deals are dope as hell when you find a new hole in the wall spot that carries stuff I've never had.
I haven't been to Asheville since I was a kid! (uncle lives there). Beautiful there, but I'm sure it gets a tad boring
laugh.gif

It's always appreciated finding some lowkey spots though.

Originally Posted by Elpablo21

Originally Posted by StillIn729

I can't even imagine that a 55% beer tastes good
Word. But I have to find out for myself, have to
nerd.gif

laugh.gif
 I'm with pablo, gotta try it 
Even if it's bad, I'd chug it and get faded
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
I'm still in college party mode.

Originally Posted by AJChick23

RUST, I was about to say that's weird Victory Golden Monkey is tough to find for you (love that brew..and it'll knock you on your @++ after a few
laugh.gif
) but I just realized you're on
the left coast and it's brewed in PA.

As for Lagunitas, that should be easier to find for you since they're in Cali as well.

I'm long overdue to do a latest pickups review
nerd.gif
laugh.gif
 I'm actually in Western North Carolina right now. Been here for almost two years 
sick.gif
 But the beer scene here in Asheville NC is awesome! They were named Beer City USA last year. That Victory Golden Monkey surprised me by how much I liked it. Build a sixer deals are dope as hell when you find a new hole in the wall spot that carries stuff I've never had.
I haven't been to Asheville since I was a kid! (uncle lives there). Beautiful there, but I'm sure it gets a tad boring
laugh.gif

It's always appreciated finding some lowkey spots though.

^Its definitely boring as hell. But luckily I travel a fair amount for work and I get to stop in bigger cities like Knoxville, Charlotte, and Greenville every couple weeks. It keeps me sane. But home brewers out here are legit. I want to get started on my own but it seems expensive and time consuming for beginners. Maybe when summer hits though I'll try it out! 
Good stuff WallyHopp! 
pimp.gif

^Its definitely boring as hell. But luckily I travel a fair amount for work and I get to stop in bigger cities like Knoxville, Charlotte, and Greenville every couple weeks. It keeps me sane. But home brewers out here are legit. I want to get started on my own but it seems expensive and time consuming for beginners. Maybe when summer hits though I'll try it out! 
Good stuff WallyHopp! 
pimp.gif

Recently, I've tried some Dog Fish Head Aprihop IPA on tap and some Stone Ruination Cask w/simcoe (served on tap at room temp). The Ruination was pretty amazing. I've had quite a few belgium style beers on tap this month as well, most of which I don't remember because I had a lot to drink that night. lol. Two off hand that I remember are Mission Brewery Tripel Ale and Allagash Tripel Ale.

Here is a pic of a Stone collab IPA that I enjoyed. Also had some Pliny the Elder that day which is always awesome!

28mcwmr.jpg

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/font]

Wally, we just got done brewing the black IPA I mentioned on the last page and that is a week in to fermentation. For St. Patty's day, we brought out the belgian black ale (recipe is supposed to be comparable to Stone's Vertical Epic Ale 6-6-06) which turned out really good. No pic yet, but I'll post one soon, along with a brief review. The drinkability of the beer is there but there is definitely a lot of room for improvement. The biggest pain in the process is cleaning and sanitizing bottles, so the sooner we can get kegging, the better. The next project is building a kegerator.

I've been on youtube and homebrewing forums figuring out how to improve overall quality and efficiency. Space and funds are tight at the moment so it will be a while before I get in to all grain brewing. As for yeast, no were not reusing, mainly because everything we do is unfiltered and I don't know how to properly collect it. We're using smack packs for yeast at the moment.

At the end of the day, it sure is satisfying to crack open a home brew and enjoy the fruits of our labor!

Recently, I've tried some Dog Fish Head Aprihop IPA on tap and some Stone Ruination Cask w/simcoe (served on tap at room temp). The Ruination was pretty amazing. I've had quite a few belgium style beers on tap this month as well, most of which I don't remember because I had a lot to drink that night. lol. Two off hand that I remember are Mission Brewery Tripel Ale and Allagash Tripel Ale.

Here is a pic of a Stone collab IPA that I enjoyed. Also had some Pliny the Elder that day which is always awesome!

28mcwmr.jpg

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/font]

Wally, we just got done brewing the black IPA I mentioned on the last page and that is a week in to fermentation. For St. Patty's day, we brought out the belgian black ale (recipe is supposed to be comparable to Stone's Vertical Epic Ale 6-6-06) which turned out really good. No pic yet, but I'll post one soon, along with a brief review. The drinkability of the beer is there but there is definitely a lot of room for improvement. The biggest pain in the process is cleaning and sanitizing bottles, so the sooner we can get kegging, the better. The next project is building a kegerator.

I've been on youtube and homebrewing forums figuring out how to improve overall quality and efficiency. Space and funds are tight at the moment so it will be a while before I get in to all grain brewing. As for yeast, no were not reusing, mainly because everything we do is unfiltered and I don't know how to properly collect it. We're using smack packs for yeast at the moment.

At the end of the day, it sure is satisfying to crack open a home brew and enjoy the fruits of our labor!

aventinus.jpg

Had this recently, smooth with different flavors hitting you and not much of an alcohol kick even though it's 8.5%.  I dig it.

aventinus.jpg

Had this recently, smooth with different flavors hitting you and not much of an alcohol kick even though it's 8.5%.  I dig it.

Originally Posted by EL REY JR

beer-bottles-180x300.jpg

These are the two beers I drink.
sick.gif
 Landshark is one of the worst beers I have ever tasted; cases are like $12 around my way 
official beer of Margaritaville 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by EL REY JR

beer-bottles-180x300.jpg

These are the two beers I drink.
sick.gif
 Landshark is one of the worst beers I have ever tasted; cases are like $12 around my way 
official beer of Margaritaville 
laugh.gif

Just tried Harpoon IPA this weekend for the first time and I feel like I've been missing out for years. I think my palette is changing a little because the beers i liked more when I first started drinking them (Blue Moon, Hoegaarden, etc...) taste kinda wierd to me now and I prefer something a little more hoppy.

Just tried Harpoon IPA this weekend for the first time and I feel like I've been missing out for years. I think my palette is changing a little because the beers i liked more when I first started drinking them (Blue Moon, Hoegaarden, etc...) taste kinda wierd to me now and I prefer something a little more hoppy.

Back
Top Bottom