NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

BD235C7E-0E37-4061-B3FB-4509A49A94CB.jpeg

Lemon meringue milkshake IPA from Streetside brewing in Cincinnati. Highly recommend Streetside if anyone finds them self in Cincinnati.

The impact of the glassware itself is negligible. Certain glassware might add marginal benefit to certain styles, but the beer is what it is.

To fully explain what makes a beer "good" is dependent on the style you're drinking/what you're looking for/what the style sets out to do. It's really subjective to individual taste and takes repeated exposure to find out what you like and dislike.

I understand that's not exactly a cut-and-dry answer, but it's a truthful one. Happy drinking.

I remember getting caught up in the Boston lager perfect pint glass bs.

People also say that one MUST pour their beer into a glass and not drink out of the packaged vessel to get the full effects and benefit. I've been getting lazy especially at events and parties where drinking amazing beers from the can or bottle have had no ill effect.

As comparison Ford said, it's all pretty negligible.

Trillium beer garden serves their beers in plastic cups, as does treehouse if you get their after the first rush. I never felt a glass enhanced a product beyond what was inside the actual bottle/can.

Now a frosted glass is a different story if you're drinking something other than light beer. Serving temperature has a much bigger impact on taste than serving vessel.

yesterday's haul from gorilla juice day at ascension brew. Orange sticker is maple variant. 17.1% Abv
20181216_171004.jpg

"Each batch requires an 18 hour day from our brewers, is double mashed, and then still has the nerve to lose 10-15% due to the violent fermentation blowoff. After it’s brewed, we lose even more to angel’s share evaporation over the course of its life in the whiskey barrel, and finally some packaging loss (and sampling, of course!). In short, it’s quite a chore for a very small amount of product!"

allotments 4 cans/variant.
popped a maple last night. got a rye in the fridge.

CHEERS!

Comparison Ford Comparison Ford is this the same shop that had all that Treehouse and Trillium?

Yep! :rofl:

Lost my business then and there. Couldn't care less about the reselling, but that was despicable. They've since issued an apology, but it's too little too late. They were doubling down on their ignorance in the comments section of the post, so I'm not too sure how much they could have changed in an 8 hour timeframe.

Sucks. I was a customer at their old location for a decade. They never did wrong by me on an individual basis, but I refuse to support people like that. They deserve what's coming to them.

Feel free to check out my google review and subsequent edit after they replied to me.

Welp...that time of the year again. Considering that I'll be drinking no new beers until 2019, it's time to wrap things up with Ford's Top 18 of 2018. This year was...interesting, to say the least. The beginning of the end of line lyfe, the emergence of pastry stouts and sour IPAs becoming the new wave, etc. I won't take up any more of your time with banter, let's get down to the brass tacks:

18. Hoof Hearted-Dragonsaddle
0-9.jpg

17. Sand City- Soylent Green (not my pic)
d228f4fbb449765d965580f7da3a36b7_640x640.jpg

16. Tree House-BBBbright w/ Citra
0-11.jpg

15. Interboro x Mumford- Madder Fatter Method
0-1.jpg

14. Root + Branch- Everyone Levitates Above Their Own Sea of Hell
0-8.jpg

13. Equilibrium x Seven Island- Adrestia
0-1.jpg

12. Bissell Brothers- Here's to Feeling Good All the Time
0-7.jpg

11. Horus- Goshawk's Grasp
0-10.jpg

10. Other Half x The Answer- Last Week ****ed Around and Got a Triple Double
0-4.jpg

Part Deux:

9. Hudson Valley- Mirrorshield
0-3.jpg

8. Other Half x Weldworks- Blueberry Crunchee
0-16.jpg

7. Tree House- Impermanence
0-5.jpg

6. Other Half x Burial- Velvet Magnum 2.0
0-14.jpg

5. J. Wakefield- DFPF
0-15.jpg

4. Other Half- 4th Anniversary
0-17.jpg

3. Hudson Valley- Apotheosis
0-2.jpg

2. Other Half x J. Wakefield- Barrel Aged Snowbirds
0-12.jpg

1. Hudson Valley x Death&Co.- Demiurge
0-6.jpg

Great year for beer, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't burnt out a bit. Between the hassle and the culture itself I just find my interest waning as time progresses. Gonna attempt an (almost completely) dry January and see if that changes things for me. Either way...happy New Year, NT.

Back
Top Bottom