NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

little comparison tonight
bcbs 'nilla v/ witches hat night fury 'nilla

Attachments

• 20190320_201201.jpg
    20190320_201201.jpg
    201.5 KB · Views: 2
Scooped the Sammy Adams 'Gameday' case. Comes with Boston, Bavarian, Cold Snap and '76. I've drank Boston and CS quite often but the Bavarian Lager is new, tinge of sweetness that hits you off the top.

^^Not sure what the adjuncts are in that, but I've come to think that aging beer is for the birds.

Really can't think of an experience I've had where aging a beer for a year or more improved the experience. Drink em if you've got em.

^^Not sure what the adjuncts are in that, but I've come to think that aging beer is for the birds.

Really can't think of an experience I've had where aging a beer for a year or more improved the experience. Drink em if you've got em.

I hear ya. Probably gonna get opened for Wrestlemania. :nthat:

Picked up this bottle from Bottle Logic. Not sure if I wanna drink it this weekend or let it sit for awhile.

Like getting Comic Con passes with this one :rofl:

Word is that you taste all 20% of this one. I'm personally not a fan of that boozy of a beer. I like to keep my spirits as spirits and beer as beer. Ended up selling my bottle.

I'm so glad I don't have to give a F about beer. Atlanta has delicious beers readily available at all times. Wild Leap :pimp:

I've also transitioned to red wine and bourbon over the last few months and its been glorious.

Out of the Lawsons you have there, my favorite by far is Chinookered. It doesn't get the hype of the sunshine, but it is a damn good ipa. It reminds me of an alchemist ipa. Double and triple sunshine are very good as well.

F4282A90-F14B-4094-9889-009928BC3BA3.jpeg

Pickups for the weekend...Veil Brewing & Omnipollo - Henok (Blueberry Double Chocolate Chip Maple Marshmallow Mocha Triple Stack Pancake Imperial Stout) and New Belgium - Voodoo Ranger (Juicy Haze IPA)...cheers fellas!

Cut back even further on my beer consumption as of late. I'm pretty much down to drinking one beer maybe 1-2 weeknights and reserving any excess consumption to one weekend day (if I'm not working) and special occasions. Really not missing my old habits at all. Feeling a lot more energized, clear-headed, and just overall healthier.

I'll always love beer, but the days of drinking 3-4 after work and bottle-sharing every weekend are over for me. My wallet, waistline, and liver are all very appreciative of my decision. :lol:

Comparison Ford Comparison Ford

Any change in your drinking palate? I've been on weekend drinking only, for 5-6 months now. I'm finding that first beer back very very refreshing and sublime. Most of the time they are lagers or light pilsners. And even those have been feeling quite sweet.

Anymore it's feeling like I'm leaning towards the hazy 8%ers, cheap aals, a few sours , and pilsners. No real reason to venture into the ultra hoppy beers anymore. My palate isn't wrecked looking for the next fix. Lol.

Weird shift from what I've been doing the past 7-9 yrs.

Comparison Ford Comparison Ford

Any change in your drinking palate? I've been on weekend drinking only, for 5-6 months now. I'm finding that first beer back very very refreshing and sublime. Most of the time they are lagers or light pilsners. And even those have been feeling quite sweet.

Anymore it's feeling like I'm leaning towards the hazy 8%ers, cheap aals, a few sours , and pilsners. No real reason to venture into the ultra hoppy beers anymore. My palate isn't wrecked looking for the next fix. Lol.

Weird shift from what I've been doing the past 7-9 yrs.
The only major change I've seen is that I've grown particularly weary of the super high ABV pastry stouts. I used to scoff at people that complained that stouts were "too heavy," but here I am. :lol:

Still love IPAs, sours, pilsners, kolsch, etc.

A Few months back, I came back from a sinus cold where I couldn't taste anything, to getting better and then having sodas and beers taste super sweet. I had a FBS around that same time and found it too sweet. For years, it felt normal and not so sweet.

8.3 is definitely around my new threshold. I used to be able to go around 16% and felt some were too thin. Lol.

Since that week above, Sadly I have yet to buy anorher four pack of FBS,which is priced really well

Back
Top Bottom