Official:2009 Fantasy Baseball Thread

Should I do Soria and Rios for Markakis?

I have Randy Wells, Valverde, Happ, Soria all in relief right now.

I think Markakis is going to keep having a good second half, and I always have to sit Rios or Choo.

I got screwed with Dempster today I can't start him unless I drop someone and my drop doesn't hit until tomorrow. I'd start him today Paul.

Originally Posted by smoothrick007

josh willingham came through today
pimp.gif

I had him on my bench.
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

i wanna hear what you guys think i should do with this. i finally fell out of first place for one of my teams. i need pitching bad before the trade deadline.theres NO decent SP in the FA so i need to make a trade. which OF/Util needs to be traded and for which pitchers in return?

C Matt Wieters
1B Albert Pujols
2B Dustin Pedroia
3B Kevin Youkilis
SS J.J. Hardy
OF Matt Holliday
OF Jayson Werth
OF Ryan Braun
Util Carlos Peña
BN Shane Victorino
BN Geovany Soto

SP A.J. Burnett
SP Rich Harden
RP Brian Wilson
RP Fernando Rodney
P Trevor Hoffman
P Chris Carpenter
P Marc Rzepczynski
BN Carlos Zambrano
BN Clayton Kershaw
BN Hiroki Kuroda

How much did my team suck offensively today?

Wainwright (yes, the pitcher) had 1 RBI less than all my hitters.

Who were my hitters today?

Posada
Pujols
Aaron Hill
Jeter
Figgins
Tulo
Howard
Ichiro
Damon
McCutchen
Kendry Morales
Hunter Pence
Vernon Wells

Originally Posted by JoRDaN201

Does Cliff Lee going to the Phillies boost up his value and Hamels'?

His yes, he is playing for something plus more run support.

Idk how it would help Hamels.

Originally Posted by SCuse7

Originally Posted by JoRDaN201

Does Cliff Lee going to the Phillies boost up his value and Hamels'?

His yes, he is playing for something plus more run support.

Idk how it would help Hamels.
I was just thinking that maybe since he's not the clear ace, he now removes a little bit of pressure. IDK, I just wanna trade him and make itsound good.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

The Dodgers have been slumping with the bat lately.

I can see Hanson going 7 innings and 2 ER.

I get:

Longoria
and
Zobrist or Granderson

I give:

Javy Vazquez
and
Damon or Pence

Should I do it? If so, which 1?

And, which of these 3 pitchers would you trade:

Verlander
Cain
Santana

You get Longoria and Granderson?

And give up Damon and Javy V

I'd do that in a second.

The pitchers, I have no idea. I want to say Cain but he's been good

Carlos Quentin was dropped and I have the #1 waiver (thank goodness I didn't waste it picking up Nick Blackburn
laugh.gif
). Should I pick him up and if so, whodo I drop? I'm thinking I can use Carlos Quentin as a trade piece. I have people on the DL that I want to make room for and I can make a 2 for 1 trade orsomething like that.

*Roster in spoiler*
Spoiler [+]
29w3m7b.png

Carlos Quentin was dropped and I have the #1 waiver (thank goodness I didn't waste it picking up Nick Blackburn
laugh.gif
). Should I pick him up and if so, whodo I drop? I'm thinking I can use Carlos Quentin as a trade piece. I have people on the DL that I want to make room for and I can make a 2 for 1 trade orsomething like that.

*Roster in spoiler*
Spoiler [+]
29w3m7b.png

No one on your roster is worth dropping for Q. He's been slumping bad since he came off the DL. You'd get more value for anyone on your roster in atrade than you would with Q.

wow seriously? nobody on his roster worth dropping for Q? he has 13 STARTERS. even though hes been slumping, like he said he could TRY and use him as a tradebait. if i were you, id drop hudson. even if Q doesnt work out, at least trade him for a pitcher that will better than hudson. package Q + any of your pitchersto get someone like lester,beckett,washburn or someone. btw, why dont you have any RP? unless your league doesnt include saves

Originally Posted by OfficerRicky

wow seriously? nobody on his roster worth dropping for Q? he has 13 STARTERS. even though hes been slumping, like he said he could TRY and use him as a trade bait. if i were you, id drop hudson. even if Q doesnt work out, at least trade him for a pitcher that will better than hudson. package Q + any of your pitchers to get someone like lester,beckett,washburn or someone. btw, why dont you have any RP? unless your league doesnt include saves
There are saves, but I'm trying out a different strategy this year and not getting closers. I figure I'd try to be dominant in Wins,K's, and WHIP instead of trying to be somewhere in the middle of the pack in the Saves category. The closer positions is too inconsistent for me. I mean,look at Sherrill. Dude was solid as a closer, but he gets dealt and is now the set up guy, losing all the value he had. Look at how many teams are having a"closer by committee" or how many closers lost their job. For example, Brad Ziegler lost his job to Andrew Bailey. I'm just saying "forgetthe one category and just try to win the other pitching categories."

I've been holding on to the #1 waiver for the entire season, I might as well use it. I mean, I don't see who else would be worth my #1 waiver.

So you're saying Hudson is worth dropping? Not Bedard
laugh.gif
? I don't know who's better at this point. I guess Hudson since he's actually"more healthier"
ohwell.gif
. Honestly, I was thinking about dropping Braden. I don't know why, he hasn't pitched well in the past 3 starts. I'mhoping that he'll clear waivers and will stay out in the FA until I can make room for him
ohwell.gif

if you're keeping hudson just cause hes healthier then thats you, but id drop him considering he hasnt even pitched all year and i dont expect him to beconsistent. i mean you have the #1 waiver and basically can pick up quentin for hudson. you could easily package quentin + another SP of your choice and tryget someone like lester,burnett,verlander

Well, Braden had another sub-par outing. If I do drop Braden, I think that he'll be out on the FA for a bit. I can probably use that time to work a deal tomove Quentin + _________ for an arm or something like that. I'm going with dropping Braden.

Or because the Quentin waiver pick up is going to make me wait another day or two, I can wait to see if any new news pops up about Bedard or Hudson, then usethat to help me make my decision.
ohwell.gif

Drop Braden

Quentin isn't that bad, he'll be above average.

And MY MAN NIEMANN
pimp.gif

Anybody have updates on Tim Hudson? He was supposed to be re-evaluated today by the Braves medical staff, but the update isn't on Yahoo.

^ Think he suffered another minor injury that won't affect the timetable of his return.

In the NT league I just made a deal:
I get - Johan Santana, Zach Duke, and Ian Kinsler
I gave - Matt Garza, Jose Valverde, and Mark Teixiera

Needed SP pretty badly...what's up with Kinsler?

Originally Posted by ChampCruThik

^ Think he suffered another minor injury that won't affect the timetable of his return.
Hudson hurt his groin before his rehab start, causing him to miss it. Hudson was going to be re-evaluated today. Does anybody have any updates?

Originally Posted by ChampCruThik

In the NT league I just made a deal:
I get - Johan Santana, Zach Duke, and Ian Kinsler
I gave - Matt Garza, Jose Valverde, and Mark Teixiera

Needed SP pretty badly...what's up with Kinsler?
Kinsler is supposedly feeling good. I guess we won't know until we actually see him in the game.

Back
Top Bottom