Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Not 1’s but these are my consolation pair because NG 1’s will likely be an L

2E721185-31D5-4940-BBF9-22E6F86209F8.jpeg

Tired of everything being hard to get. Jordan 9s selling out?? Wtf. No reason for Nike to make only 23,000 pairs of those Jordan 1s. Nike loves this stupid game that they’re playing, but I hope it backfires on them. Everything is ****ing limited these days. Jordans, Kobes, PS5s, Xboxes, Vaccines.

Last edited:
Tired of everything being hard to get. Jordan 9s selling out?? Wtf. No reason for Nike to make only 23,000 pairs of those Jordan 1s. Nike loves this stupid game that they’re playing, but I hope it backfires on them. Everything is ****ing limited these days. Jordans, Kobes, PS5s, Xboxes, Vaccines.
All these limited releases should show everybody they’ve made it fine without getting them. Honestly think about something you missed out on 3-6 months ago. Still bother you? Even remember what shoe it was? Enjoy what you got and move on, Nike/JB has honestly got me to were I could care less what’s coming out. Great business plan, alienate your core customer. 😒

It’s crazy the world we live it these days when a SNKR can cost this much.
9B4AF2EF-C039-4A7E-AB61-6FF90724D04D.png
Smh. Where do we start.

I mean, $2500 from the buyers perspective- yeah that’s a bit crazy but I get it, some collectors have deep pockets and will pay what’s necessary to get them, logic be damned. But theres no chance those are legit - full size run??? eBay will authenticate- I am really curious how that will work out. I wonder if they’ll just put 2 and 2 together and use common sense that they’re fake. Do they look at the seller’s profile/history/other items? Or if they’ll inspect the shoe and if it checks out, approve them.

I still can’t believe I sold off my entire Jordan 1 collection back in 2017, got bit bad by the Adidas Yeezy bug. 😩😩😩

That was a great time, everyone looking Adidas' way and ignoring Nike. Wish that was still the case. :smh:

All these limited releases should show everybody they’ve made it fine without getting them. Honestly think about something you missed out on 3-6 months ago. Still bother you? Even remember what shoe it was? Enjoy what you got and move on, Nike/JB has honestly got me to were I could care less what’s coming out. Great business plan, alienate your core customer. 😒

Agree with everything you've said except the last sentence. We are not their core customer. People that buy Team Jordans and dri fit shirts at JC Penny are. Those products move at much bigger margins and volume. The collaborations and special releases are to keep the company's image and trendiness high.

If this chart is accurate JB made 3.6B in 2020, 8.6% of the company's revenue. We don't know the numbers inside JB, but we can guess that the retro releases are probably pretty small.

nikes-revenue-by-product-category-worldwide.jpg

We are not their core customer. People that buy Team Jordans and dri fit shirts at JC Penny are. Those products move at much bigger margins and volume. The collaborations and special releases are to keep the company's image and trendiness high.

bingo. sketchers was number 2 behind nike and ahead of adidas a few years ago because of that vert same customer base.

on another note, this is all cyclical. retro hype is gonna die down eventually just like it pre 2015 and whats currently happening to adidas.

That was a great time, everyone looking Adidas' way and ignoring Nike. Wish that was still the case. :smh:

Agree with everything you've said except the last sentence. We are not their core customer. People that buy Team Jordans and dri fit shirts at JC Penny are. Those products move at much bigger margins and volume. The collaborations and special releases are to keep the company's image and trendiness high.

If this chart is accurate JB made 3.6B in 2020, 8.6% of the company's revenue. We don't know the numbers inside JB, but we can guess that the retro releases are probably pretty small.

nikes-revenue-by-product-category-worldwide.jpg
Pretty interesting that everything is down at Nike from 2019, except Jordan brand, which is having record sales.

The Monarch is one of their best sellers if not top seller year over year.

Most folks do not spend $150+ for a pair of shoes, much less multiple in that price range each year.

But they will buy a $60 pair once a year.

That’s it, i’m definitely gonna cop Chicago’s after i pay off the whip :smokin
Good luck man but I’d wait them out with the way prices are and once you get them you’ll have them forever if that’s what you decide. I skipped on 2015 release because I had the 95 retro and I was going thru personal stuff then. I just got lucky on 2015’s roughly a year ago on eBay with somebody not knowing what they had. 😎
11A187D1-5EBD-4E4D-B39E-0A3C2BC0EAFE.jpeg

Pretty interesting that everything is down at Nike from 2019, except Jordan brand, which is having record sales.

If I had to take a guess I would say it's due to the expanding into more areas. I don't remember if JB had as many apparel sections as it does to day, but on the footwear side they have definitely expanded into casual/running/other places. Things like the Delta or Jordan Max 200 come to mind.

Back
Top Bottom