Votes: 237 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Just remember: when you’re frustrated that resell is a thing, look no further than the past few pages.

All these DS kicks sitting in closets/storage facilities.

1631281330954.gif

Just remember: when you’re frustrated that resell is a thing, look no further than the past few pages.

All these DS kicks sitting in closets/storage facilities.

1631281330954.gif
I can only speak for myself but my ds sneakers are all my size.

I am likely to be the wearer of most if not all of them. However, I like knowing I have an emergency fund in sneakers if I ever need it.

Before you pocket watchers start yesi have a regular savings and investments but sometimes it's nice to know I can just off something if I ever need without touching those.

In all likelihood I will eventually just wear everything and stunt on my kids, kids, kids.

False.

Pairs that are hoarded and not worn crate false scarcity, which drive resell up.

If people didn’t hoard shoes, there would be more pairs available for those who want to wear them.

i.e. it effects everyone interested in sneakers.
What if we paid resell at the start for some of these but continued to hold them?

I've got plenty of shoes I paid resell for but I've held just because we're in a pandemic and I don't do much.

Why do you get to judge us for buying something but saving it for the right time to UNDS?

False.

Pairs that are hoarded and not worn crate false scarcity, which drive resell up.

If people didn’t hoard shoes, there would be more pairs available for those who want to wear them.

I echo this sentiment a lot. I know it's a lot of 11.5 dudes sitting dozens of unworn pairs that I would wear one by one everyday. Folks cop doubles and triples with the mentality of having a backup pair, meanwhile all they do is lace up some beater air maxes or BC3s everyday. In a way I get it, like what sneakaprince sneakaprince said.

But a collector that's buying up and hoarding multiples is in a way worse than a reseller. At least a reseller might be getting some shoes to someone who will wear them. Other dudes out here just letting their joints get dusty, glittery, crumbly, whatever. Those pairs may never see the light of day for YEARS. And for what? No one gets to enjoy them that way. I've never owned a double, not even of my favorites. I have enough shoes to rotate through that by the time I beat a favorite beyond the point of wearing, I'll have gotten my enjoyment out of them enough.

What if we paid resell at the start for some of these but continued to hold them?

I've got plenty of shoes I paid resell for but I've held just because we're in a pandemic and I don't do much.

Why do you get to judge us for buying something but saving it for the right time to UNDS?

Don’t wanna derail the thread anymore than I already have, but I did want to respond to you since I quoted your post.

Not necessarily directed at you but it’s Wild to me that people cop these kicks (retail or resell) and don’t wear them.

Even wilder that some of those same heads complain about the market conditions that they helped to create.

Cannibalism at its finest.

How many people are actually willing to pay resale prices though?

I understand sneaker holds, but at least in my case, once a shoe gets to a certain price point, it becomes a pass.

Don’t wanna derail the thread anymore than I already have, but I did want to respond to you since I quoted your post.

Not necessarily directed at you but it’s Wild to me that people cop these kicks (retail or resell) and don’t wear them.

Even wilder that some of those same heads complain about the market conditions that they helped to create.

Cannibalism at its finest.
I can't speak for others but first double I ever copped was 04 Olympic 7s and 04 green 4s.

Both of which I knew early on I'd wear the hell out of and would want to double back on them again later in life (which I did). I haven't doubled on every release since then but I do double if I like a sneaker enough and have intentions to wear the hell out of my first pair.

However, I have to agree with you guys the sneaker market has changed a ton since my early days. Resell used to just be double maybe triple (which was insane back then) of retail price. As more money has moved into this space it's really changed the dynamic of buying and selling shoes.

I personally feel like buying a double of something you love isn't selfish especially.if you have the means to do it but I also understand how that may have evolved into the beast that we see today.

It's all a lose lose situation. However sneaker collecting as a whole is built on greed. No one needs 50 pairs of sneakers. We just do it because we can.

How many people are actually willing to pay resale prices though?

I understand sneaker holds, but at least in my case, once a shoe gets to a certain price point, it becomes a pass.
Lol the sneaker resell market is legit a billion dollar industry. So to answer your question lots of people.

At this point hitting on sneakers at retail is nearly impossible I would argue that most people with intentions on wearing the shoe turn to the resell market if they really want em.

Im old and a bit out of touch. I have literally no connects and the footlocker algorithm will only pick me if there are 1M+ pairs (it doesn't matter how many points/ headstarts I use). We all know SNKRS is a bust 95% of the time. So unless I preorder a shoe I'm damn near checking eBay/ stockX first.

The crazy thing is I grew up in this culture..I've been collecting more than half my life. I've had connects, I worked at sneaker stores, the game has just changed too much and I haven't had the will power to keep up. I couldn't imagine how the average Joe feels when their kid tells them I want patent breds for Christmas etc.

Honestly brother it's the paint they use. I remember when we thought the glitter was a myth or one in a few pairs. I've come to the conclusion that isn't it.

It's just the paint. I doubt they are switching paint brands or mixes between pairs so eventually it hits just about everything black based from this era.
Curious to know, have you tried keeping them out of the box? I have a decent collection of 1’s and not one of them ever glittered. I’ve never kept them in the box tho. Should experiment to see if glitter builds up while out in comparison.

Last edited:
False.

Ehh I’m not sure buddy.
you say collectors hoarding DS shoes creates false scarcity…
But what would happen if those shoes were thrown on feet instead. Now the scarcity is significantly more…

Buddy in here that’s so hyped about copping Shadows. They dropped 3 years ago. If everyone copped and rocked, I can’t even imagine what resale price would be lol

Ehh I’m not sure buddy.
you say collectors hoarding DS shoes creates false scarcity…
But what would happen if those shoes were thrown on feet instead. Now the scarcity is significantly more…

Buddy in here that’s so hyped about copping Shadows. They dropped 3 years ago. If everyone copped and rocked, I can’t even imagine what resale price would be lol
Uhh what?

One person with four pairs could be four people with one pair. Same number of pairs but three more people that have them now. Either way it's a hypothetical made up scenario but your point there is kind of moot - one pair per person would ensure more pairs for more people.

If a pair of shoes is thrown on feet that's a good thing. If someone's wearing different pairs of their multiples, they're just stupid.

Uhh what?

One person with four pairs could be four people with one pair. Same number of pairs but three more people that have them now. Either way it's a hypothetical made up scenario but your point there is kind of moot - one pair per person would ensure more pairs for more people.

If a pair of shoes is thrown on feet that's a good thing. If someone's wearing different pairs of their multiples, they're just stupid.
dude was about scarcity
4 dudes with 4 used pairs means 0 on the market is what I’m saying. How is buddy yesterday buying a pair of shadows without the hoarders

Disagree that collectors are as bad as resellers. Sneaker botters are literally a plague that have spread to other hobbies causing scarcity. I read an article confirming that it was re-purposed sneaker bots that were used to snatch up PS5s/Xboxs, a trend that is still going on today. Trading cards, Funko, Disney, etc., Talk to anyone in those hobbies and they'll tell you how bots have taken over the collectibles space.

Disagree that collectors are as bad as resellers. Sneaker botters are literally a plague that have spread to other hobbies causing scarcity. I read an article confirming that it was re-purposed sneaker bots that were used to snatch up PS5s/Xboxs, a trend that is still going on today. Trading cards, Funko, Disney, etc., Talk to anyone in those hobbies and they'll tell you how bots have taken over the collectibles space.
For the record, I don’t think I said that. For all I care, I wish the resale game was dead, everyone rocked their shxt, and if u missed, u missed. But here we are.

Back
Top Bottom