Votes: 237 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
TBs and Deathrow tee came today. I'm no leather stickler but they are pretty soft.

I just need the FK Trainers to get a solid release date so I can decide to get both those and Sails with the same 20% nike.ca coupon or just get Sails now... i hate that these coupons are so much harder to get than Nike US ones

So let me get this straight. The swoosh on the sail is plastic and the swoosh on the LMs are leather, correct?

If by LM you are referring to the Lance Mountains, yes, all panels are leather. Yin Yangs and Chicagos have plastic swooshes and collars. The only other recent full leather J1's I can think of off the top of my head are the UNC's, Cyber Mondays, and black toes. Yes 85's had a plastic swoosh, but the collar was just a painted fabric. No idea why they're randomly putting plastic collars on NA J1's, but it's less comfortable and looks worse too.

But all things being equal ... if I could get this OG sample in my size this would be the fat belly swoosh '85 for me

Last edited:
If by LM you are referring to the Lance Mountains, yes, all panels are leather. Yin Yangs and Chicagos have plastic swooshes and collars. The only other recent full leather J1's I can think of off the top of my head are the UNC's, Cyber Mondays, and black toes. Yes 85's had a plastic swoosh, but the collar was just a painted fabric. No idea why they're randomly putting plastic collars on NA J1's, but it's less comfortable and looks worse too.

For the record Sails have not one piece of plastic on them (not to piss anyone off). I believe synthetic leather is the word you're looking for. And that's only on the collar and swoosh which like you said, is true for most 1s, even OG cws.

Edit: just checked and the swoosh is actually leather on my pair.

Last edited:
I've yet to figure out how creasing under pressure became the benchmark for quality leather
I dunno about leather quality, but it does show how soft the material is what in most cases sneakerheads equade with "good leather".

^^^ :lol: see what I mean? As you also make your appearance to hate. Why you got a problem with me lovin em tho? How does that affect you?

spitting facts man, facts. You genuinely get hurt when anyone says anything about sails. Let people hate on them.

aint nobody got any problems with you liking them, trust us. I love that you love them. Its great. But stop being so damn sensitive.

But all things being equal ... if I could get this OG sample in my size this would be the fat belly swoosh '85 for me
yo if we could get this mold as the next remastered series along with a remake of the shattered backboard color theme I would throw my money at Nike like nothing.

For the record Sails have not one piece of plastic on them (not to piss anyone off). I believe synthetic leather is the word you're looking for. And that's only on the collar and swoosh which like you said, is true for most 1s, even OG cws.

Edit: just checked and the [COLOR=#red]swoosh is actually leather[/COLOR] on my pair.

This.

Last edited:
Whoaaaaaa.....

... keep it a hundred though... them off whites is not the [emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji].. lol I really thought they would look better as more people rock em them joints are wack. In for the resell.

Back
Top Bottom