OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

I swear, some of you guys either don't play basketball, have the weakest ankles in the world, or are just massive worriers/hypochondriacs. 

High tops or low tops doesnt make a difference when you play basketball. 

Lol at the guy who said when he wears high tops he can feel his ankle roll so he forces it back straight. If you are able to roll it like that without landing on it then you have very weak ankles. Try some calf raises? 

If you are that worried about your ankles then
a) do us all a favor and don't wear Kobe's so you don't come and complain about rolling your ankle playing basketball
b) strap your ankles or invest in ankle braces
c) go to the gym and strengthen them
d) DON'T PLAY BASKETBALL

As a sports doctor i know says, you aren't a basketballer until you've had severe ankle sprains. 

So please, lets stop all this stupid talk about Kobe's making you roll your ankles yet high tops don't. 
I only doubt you based on personal use.

Kobe VII Supreme (non strap) vs. Lebron VIII (Cool Grey) and IX (Dunkmans, Swingmans).

I rolled my ankles 3x in the Kobes. Every time I cut, crossed over, I can feel my ankle about to roll which completely throws off my next move (because I don't want it to roll). Sometimes stopping on a dime to cut or cross proved dangerous, lol. I really like the VIIs, but I don't want to risk my ankle, so I stop balling in them. In the brons I never have this issue, I fee the lockdown support of the VIII and IX IMO is MUCH better. I can cut, cross and stop without any issues.

Again, this is personal opinion, based on inside court (24hr Fitness).

I saw the all star socks for the west are orange. They are up on nbastore so that orange pair of Kobe's can be the all-star pair. I'm very curious as to when we will see official pics. Should be soon.

Where's the Kobe 8 comercial?!?!

Also, don't use the kobe 7 as your peg on lowtop sneaks. They're the worst Kobe to ball in.
Use the kobe 5 and get back to us on this...

Orange all star sneaks? Might be a pass... We'll see. I like the blue lights and sulfurs more. Dont care about hype either.

How many of yall complaining about ankle support actually play ball or sumthin???

(Scrubs plz dont comment)

I don't mind a little price bump for the NSW x YOTS pairs, but $200+ is pushing it.

Do we even know availability on any of them? Knowing Nike they may be an Asia/overseas release.

Check your local champs, mine got a restock of the kobe elite socks in the blk/grey and they dropped the green/yellow. There was 1 pair left of the blk/grey at the champs in victoria gardens in socal. Also, they already received the pythons as well.
They are selling the pythons already? or just have them?

I swear, some of you guys either don't play basketball, have the weakest ankles in the world, or are just massive worriers/hypochondriacs.

High tops or low tops doesnt make a difference when you play basketball.

Lol at the guy who said when he wears high tops he can feel his ankle roll so he forces it back straight. If you are able to roll it like that without landing on it then you have very weak ankles. Try some calf raises?

If you are that worried about your ankles then
a) do us all a favor and don't wear Kobe's so you don't come and complain about rolling your ankle playing basketball
b) strap your ankles or invest in ankle braces
c) go to the gym and strengthen them
d) DON'T PLAY BASKETBALL

As a sports doctor i know says, you aren't a basketballer until you've had severe ankle sprains.

So please, lets stop all this stupid talk about Kobe's making you roll your ankles yet high tops don't.

What do you think the purpose of ankle taping and ankle braces are for? The purpose is to provide feedback so you can help stop an ankle roll.

Look Ive played and been around high level athletics for many years. So all this your know it all talking points is quite funny to me. When in fact in addition to my own experience, other players and trainers have told me the exact opposite of what you are saying.

What I said is Kobes or lowtops arent for everybody just like Lebrons and Force type shoes arent for everybody, For what you gain in one cut shoe, you lose something that other cut had.

Know your style, if youre a guard who mainly shoots and doesnt rebound or block shots, Kobes are great for you but if youre a big or a forward who slashes and rebounding you should beware of making Kobes or low cut shoes your primary shoe.

This is from my personal experience and observations.

Last edited:
NSW or not

Retail >$200 for Kobes is doo doo

The YOTS went from easy cop to easy pass if NSW gets confirmed.

:smh: :x

Qq
What do you think the purpose of ankle taping and ankle braces are for? The purpose is to provide feedback so you can help stop an ankle roll.

Look Ive played and been around high level athletics for many years. So all this your know it all talking points is quite funny to me. When in fact in addition to my own experience, other players and trainers have told me the exact opposite of what you are saying.

What I said is Kobes or lowtops arent for everybody just like Lebrons and Force type shoes arent for everybody, For what you gain in one cut shoe, you lose something that other cut had.

Know your style, if youre a guard who mainly shoots and doesnt rebound or block shots, Kobes are great for you but if youre a big or a forward who slashes and rebounding you should beware of making Kobes or low cut shoes your primary shoe.

This is from my personal experience and observations.[/quoteQFT

I like the two stripes on the sulfurs instead of the full shozoku, it makes it look kinda like soccer shoes with an indoor feel, and the fact it's 3M makes it that much better. I'm probably in the minority on that though lol.

im actually loving sulfurs without full sho also. but the full show on my ids are a must

To dude who said to know your style and what not regarding lows: I agree but let's also bring up the point that guys like Earl Clark are wearing the VIIIs and I'm not saying I know you or your preference but I'm 6'4" 195 lbs and when I go play pickup or men's league I'm one of the biggest dudes on the court, meaning the shoe will be fine for the majority of consumers buying basketball shoes. If dudes in the league can wear them just fine, I think most of us in this thread can pull them off with no hesitation. All I'm saying is the shoe can sustain NBA action with the best athletes in the world, so even the most competitive ballers in this site should be fine wearing them. Hyperposites and even the Bron Xs were designed for huge and fast freaks of nature, such a shoe isn't even really needed for someone my size or even a little bigger than me.

At the end of the day though I agree it's all about what you're most comfortable balling in.

Teams who get their ankles taped are to help prevent obviously. There's no question in that. It DOES help but does NOT stop it.

Literally. If you land to mess up your ankle you will. The most important thing is the outsole/heel cup/lateral outrigger for most types of plays. Having a lower cut shoe(to the ground, as in zoom instead of full length vis air) WILL help with general landing and planting of the foot.

The condition of the floor plays a factor too. Having a super grippy court will catch your foot when you make a plant will allow a better shoe to do the work it's intended to do. At the same time that speed and force going against the shoe can make you roll way more easily. That's why being low to the ground is important to me. Having court feel allows me to be able to control how my feet come in contact more than max air.

LOWTOPS aren't always ok. The Lebron 9 has got to be one of the worst balling shoes ever. Hyperfuse, hyperdunk, etc provide much better feedback.

I think that's what a lot of people are missing.

And to the dude who said he wears Lebrons so he can feel the roll and stop it more, you my friend are ONE OF A KIND.

The lowcut discussion is something that always happens but is important. There's still SO many consumers AND workers at these stores who are uneducated on the matter. It's important to talk about.

And yes, we should get "back to the shoes" but by doing that we will only get angry because we don't have info on so much we want. Smh!

^ very well said. The court feel is, in my opinion, the single most important thing for me when playing in basketball shoes post-severe-sprain. The new LeBron's with the new zoom max bag is the closest I will get to veering away from either strictly zoom or lunar now with the VIIIs.

I also wear one quarter sock under a crew sock when balling to give that tactile feel of added padding to the ankle area just as a mental peace of mind when hooping...

Last edited:
Just make sure you're lower to the ground. That's key, whatever cut shoe you wear.
That's more important than the ankle height. The lower your feet is, the shorter angle
of twisting there is. The higher you are, there is more angle to twist your ankle. Just
wanted to drop some info.

NSW or not

Retail >$200 for Kobes is doo doo

The YOTS went from easy cop to easy pass if NSW gets confirmed.

mean.gif
sick.gif
After seeing the real pics of the black YOTS, I think I might pass....too plain especially for the price. I don't want to pay high price for 1 color shoe regardless the gimmick is....I might cop this if they drop.....the most decent pair.....

The Barkleys confirmed the asg theme is aliens so I can't wait to see what the kobes look like even if it isn't the orange ones.

Back
Top Bottom