:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

What do you guys recommend for repairing soles that are becoming unglued? My og XVIIs have the sole by the heel separating a little bit and I don't want to rock them till I can get it fixed for fear that more separation will occur. They're one of my grails so any help to fix this would be appreciated.
Same thing happened to my pair.  I recommend using epoxy, but be careful when applying it.  You don't want excess glue lol.  Works like a charm if you're patient and let it dry well.  I kind of jumped the gun on mine and didn't come out as well as I would have liked it to.  

Touch Money- use retrobrite on the pods, the stain or whatever on the toebox probably just a repaint

To the poster 2 spots above, retr0brite takes probably double if not triple the amount of time as seaglow does on clear soles. It's a lot more safe from dripping and messing anything up but it does goes a lot quicker compared to retr0brite. Getting it back ICY clear with any yellowing in it is hard to do, retr0brite it is able to achieve that look just takes a long long long time :/

Touch Money- use retrobrite on the pods, the stain or whatever on the toebox probably just a repaint
To the poster 2 spots above, retr0brite takes probably double if not triple the amount of time as seaglow does on clear soles. It's a lot more safe from dripping and messing anything up but it does goes a lot quicker compared to retr0brite. Getting it back ICY clear with any yellowing in it is hard to do, retr0brite it is able to achieve that look just takes a long long long time :/
Sounds solid, could you hook it up with the recipe for it?

best way to clean the uppers on cdp 4s?
got a pair for cheap and there in prety good condition, Just needs a repaint and a little cleaning

Yeah Seaglowing and retrobrite methods are long processes FYI. You must have patience. I should be able to contribute more to this thread and the showcase showing my work as I have more free time to work on my shoes. I'm interested in barge glue though. Heard good things about it from a co-worker who customizes his own shoes and is also an art student. He told me barge glue is good for outsole seperation, it binds quickly, and it doesn't turn brown after a while like shoe goo does. Just in case y'all wanted to know.

Yeah Seaglowing and retrobrite methods are long processes FYI. You must have patience. I should be able to contribute more to this thread and the showcase showing my work as I have more free time to work on my shoes. I'm interested in barge glue though. Heard good things about it from a co-worker who customizes his own shoes and is also an art student. He told me barge glue is good for outsole seperation, it binds quickly, and it doesn't turn brown after a while like shoe goo does. Just in case y'all wanted to know.

true but there is a brown colored barge cement that u can get at a hardware store but for clear soles you have to order the clear barge cement online and its not so cheap but it works like a charm

true but there is a brown colored barge cement that u can get at a hardware store but for clear soles you have to order the clear barge cement online and its not so cheap but it works like a charm

Online only you say? I have to look into that...

i have teo pairs of air jordan 1's and the white midsole is turning yellow. can anyone get the white back to the way it was?. pm me

Anyone on here familiar with that orange/brownish residue on the midsole of 1996 OG jordan black/red 11's can be cleaned? I'm on the fence of buying a DS pair because there's some of that residue. I've seen that on a few pairs and wondering if anyone has or knows how to clean that stuff off. Thanks!

Last edited:
^ try retrobrite for the midsoles on the xi's. I use retrobrite for my shoes with white midsoles like the iii's and iv's and it works like a charm.
best way to clean the uppers on cdp 4s?
got a pair for cheap and there in prety good condition, Just needs a repaint and a little cleaning
Lincoln e-z cleaner. It's the best cleaner I've come across for durabuck, nubuck, and suede surfaces. Use a toothbrush to scrub the durabuck and then wipe down with a lint free towel. You should see great results.

^ try retrobrite for the midsoles on the xi's. I use retrobrite for my shoes with white midsoles like the iii's and iv's and it works like a charm.Lincoln e-z cleaner. It's the best cleaner I've come across for durabuck, nubuck, and suede surfaces. Use a toothbrush to scrub the durabuck and then wipe down with a lint free towel. You should see great results.

Thanks a lot for the help! I will probably pick em up and try it out. Wish me luck. Oh, and the tip for the CDP 4's helps me too as I have a pair that needs TLC! Thanks

I been looking but couldn't find anything but does anyone know if I can keep the black plastic bag from the iv releases in the box r will it ruin my jays. Thanks in advance for answer

I been looking but couldn't find anything but does anyone know if I can keep the black plastic bag from the iv releases in the box r will it ruin my jays. Thanks in advance for answer

I doubt it will do anything to the shoes.

But i'm a huge fan of using acid free tissue as box paper. Been using it for about 10 years now. Its great stuff. expensive, but worth it.

Relating to what downsouthKicks said, I been reading around and there is no definite answer unless I'm missing something.

Is it alright to leave the tissue paper from post 2009 releases inside the box along with the shoes or should I just take em out. Does it make any difference? Some suggest that the newer retros use less acidic paper so it won't make a difference either way.

Im currently doing the BFK method since the RIT whitener has failed me :frown: Ill post results in the morning.

Keep us posted because I can find BKF in a local store for cheap but have heard bad things. I can't find RIT liquid anywhere! It'd save me a lot of hassle if I could use BKF.

Also the guy who posted above me about paint chipping, that was a terrible first post. Read like the last 2 or 3 pages, or any random page should have that question answered a million times over...

^ if you are using bkf for whitening the mesh on the xi's be careful. It does work and works great but it comes with a downside. The mesh on my og Concords have more of a ruff feel to them than before. I've used the rit whitener to help remedy this feel, but it's not the same. If you have some beaters with a similar feel or texture to the mesh, I suggest trying the bkf on them first. If your satisfied with how they come out results wise, then do it. Hope this helps anyone contemplating doing either procedure.

^ if you are using bkf for whitening the mesh on the xi's be careful. It does work and works great but it comes with a downside. The mesh on my og Concords have more of a ruff feel to them than before. I've used the rit whitener to help remedy this feel, but it's not the same. If you have some beaters with a similar feel or texture to the mesh, I suggest trying the bkf on them first. If your satisfied with how they come out results wise, then do it. Hope this helps anyone contemplating doing either procedure.

I've used BKF on mesh on OG Concords before. As a whitener it works great in terms of cleaning dirt or yellowing. However, the material does become stiffer and if you over-apply it, the mesh gets dulled as well.

Back
Top Bottom