:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

a little help with some xx3's
first my black stealth got spilled on so i cleaned and dapped with water now there hard in a lil spot and i tried a suede brush and nothing

and next i got some glue stains on my chicago xx3's how do i get that off?

HELP..i have over 30 jordans ..some are from 8 yrs ago some more recent...i've seen alot of nightmare stories about how when you stock your shoes for along time, then break them out one day the rubber cracks and falls apart..this actually happened to my og infrareds..i had them in the closet for years andwhen they first retroed them i broke them out to floss but the soles fell apart...my question is...alot of the kicks i have i want to keep dead stock..forinstance the gold dmp package...and then break them out 5 yrs from now and rock them, how can i prevent the breaking down of the sole from happening?? ialready know to store them in a cool dark place..and not to keep them bagged up..and keep silica packs in the boxes..but is there anything else i should know??and is it 100% safe

hey do u guys think if i bring my concords to a shoe repair store, theyll b able to clean up the mesh part n make it white again?

Originally Posted by djness23

hey do u guys think if i bring my concords to a shoe repair store, theyll b able to clean up the mesh part n make it white again?

Don't do that just use Bar Keeper's or Rit. That'll solve your problem!

^thnx, i baught it yesterday and applied it, results where great, might give it one more try for better results

Ok so I bought some Motorsport XX3s. The right shoe makes a squeaking noise every time I step. I hear it around the tongue (I'm guessing because of thepatent leather rubbing on something?) and I was wondering if there is any way to fix that.

Also what is the best way to clean dirt off black suede shoes like aqua 8s, and blackout hyperdunks?

One last thing, how do you clean the suede on flint viis? My mistake was that I used water and it left "water stains" on them like it does on allgrey suede shoes.

hey the soles fell of my OG B/red XI's. what can i do to glue them back to normal?what glue should i use

please help

so the teeth on my Flint 13s (the white part) they're turning red.. does anyone know how to remove the redness? i can provide pics if needed.

If I put my mili?tary 4s and my 11lows in the washer in a pillow case will that clean them without ruining them?

Originally Posted by Shaq DIESEL 34

If I put my mili?tary 4s and my 11lows in the washer in a pillow case will that clean them without ruining them?

well milltary IVs. are fine its all rubber, no delicate materials on it

do not put the XIs in the washer.

Originally Posted by calgoresback

so the teeth on my Flint 13s (the white part) they're turning red.. does anyone know how to remove the redness? i can provide pics if needed.

try using rubbing alcohol.

Originally Posted by I Luv Ma Js

hey the soles fell of my OG B/red XI's. what can i do to glue them back to normal?what glue should i use

please help

shoe goo

Originally Posted by AI39theanswer

Ok so I bought some Motorsport XX3s. The right shoe makes a squeaking noise every time I step. I hear it around the tongue (I'm guessing because of the patent leather rubbing on something?) and I was wondering if there is any way to fix that.

Also what is the best way to clean dirt off black suede shoes like aqua 8s, and blackout hyperdunks?

One last thing, how do you clean the suede on flint viis? My mistake was that I used water and it left "water stains" on them like it does on all grey suede shoes.

well if its rubbing something, i think you should find out what its hitting. if its coming from the sole put baby powder on it.
for suede, suede eraser and brush

Originally Posted by djness23

why dont you ask them?

Originally Posted by bradlasseigne

a little help with some xx3's
first my black stealth got spilled on so i cleaned and dapped with water now there hard in a lil spot and i tried a suede brush and nothing

and next i got some glue stains on my chicago xx3's how do i get that off?

if its a faded spot put a dime sized baby oil on it and rub it around.
for the glue try scraping it off with a knife but do it lightly. you can also try the suede eraser.

Originally Posted by IluvJordanXI

can someone please tell me how I can get these superglue stains off my XI?
Like I superglue the front part of the shoe so my fingers had some glue on it and it got smudged all over the shoe box, is there any way for me to get it out? I tried scrubbing it with soap and water but nothing works.

4a015fed363c1efcfa82807784b468a68035792.jpg

toebox mess
86035dfbe86e3b273b4a1edbfe6c3799b967858.jpg

compared to what a clean toebox suppose to look like.

Can somebody please help me? I deeply appreciated it, thanks!

oh wow big big big mistake. try hot steam on it and try rubbing it off.

Originally Posted by YoungSole93

How can you get the yellow off of patent leather caused by a bleach pen? please PM for fast response.

lol, bleach pen? patent leather? enough with the jokes.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Xnyles

Can i use seaglow on some yellow soles on penny foamposite ones?

im pretty sure you can. its synthetic rubber right?

Originally Posted by leako

HELP..i have over 30 jordans ..some are from 8 yrs ago some more recent...i've seen alot of nightmare stories about how when you stock your shoes for a long time, then break them out one day the rubber cracks and falls apart..this actually happened to my og infrareds..i had them in the closet for years and when they first retroed them i broke them out to floss but the soles fell apart...my question is...alot of the kicks i have i want to keep dead stock..for instance the gold dmp package...and then break them out 5 yrs from now and rock them, how can i prevent the breaking down of the sole from happening?? i already know to store them in a cool dark place..and not to keep them bagged up..and keep silica packs in the boxes..but is there anything else i should know?? and is it 100% safe

do not put them in ziplock bags. it just dries up the material causing it to crack when you wear them. just keep shoes away from moisture, heat, UV rays.

Originally Posted by ErickM713

I need to do some serious maintenance on 3 pairs of kicks!!!
Air Jordan 1 Opening Days-Serious creasing and scuffs
Air Jordan 3 Black Cats-Paints chipped off on midsoles creasing problem suede discoloring and suede chipped off on top of lace holes
Air Jordan 14 CDP-Guy I bought 'em from removed creases with starch and now suede discolored madly! and scuffing
Pics of AJ1 and AJ3 tagged since last time I posted pics on another site they were stolen.

AJ 3

AJ1

AJ 14 CDP

I'm trying to see if there's anyway to make the creases less noticeable or go away and how can I fix the scuffing and fix the discoloration on the suede kicks.

I'm cleaning them up since I'm gonna sell all 3 pairs to a friend for $325

for creases, use an iron with a hot wet towel over the creased area.
for scuffs, it depends what kind of a scuff it is.
paint chipping, repaint
suede discoloration, if its faded apply dime sized baby oil on the area.

Okay, i'm new to this Shoes in a washing machine deal.

Should i take the laces out of my military 4s? Do I just put them in a pillow case and let it be, or do i close the pillow case somehow? And how clean willthese shoes end up looking?

For the glue on patent leather. Try using some acetone and rubbing it off. Take a little dab of it with a towel and dip and rub slowly. Don't let theacetone run into the soles cause that could be a problem.

I used the Oxy Sport stick from finishline to try and get the factory glue off the xx3's (on the plastic part) and now it looks worse it left behind allthe liquid crap and it doesnt come off any help

Originally Posted by onlyjays9P

I used the Oxy Sport stick from finishline to try and get the factory glue off the xx3's (on the plastic part) and now it looks worse it left behind all the liquid crap and it doesnt come off any help

PICTURES HELP US, HELP YOU.

Originally Posted by Shaq DIESEL 34

Okay, i'm new to this Shoes in a washing machine deal.

Should i take the laces out of my military 4s? Do I just put them in a pillow case and let it be, or do i close the pillow case somehow? And how clean will these shoes end up looking?

yeah you should. because there is dirt underneath the shoe laces. plus it'll clean your shoe laces if you put them in a different pillow case.
they'll look a lot cleaner, and more creased.

2vjeyae.jpg

thats the only pic i can get right now its the gray looking spot i dont know how to get it off

Originally Posted by eeibaby

How can these be fixed?

3016697081_85c879e752.jpg

3017529048_b6e523ee77.jpg

I want to start restoring these but I need help on a few things.

Where can I purchase the paint at? What colors?

I want to restore everything from the back & side heel, the tab, the leather etc. and I was wondering how do i clean the air bubble?

Is there anyway to clean the inside of shoes?

I have some og white/black 13's and the inside of them (sock liner) are really dirty? Is there anyway to clean it? Thanks in advance

Originally Posted by 2o4

hey whats the best way to restore these?
heres a pic.
atvg53.jpg
whats the best way to restore the black, as you can see its faded away.
let me know here or send me a pm please

Originally Posted by 2o4

Originally Posted by 2o4

hey whats the best way to restore these?
heres a pic.
atvg53.jpg
whats the best way to restore the black, as you can see its faded away.
let me know here or send me a pm please

You can try shoe cream (black) and buffer the creme onto the faded area. its used for formal shoes.

Originally Posted by calgoresback

Rubbing alcohol didnt remove the redness. Any other solutions?>

you can try sand papering it.
Originally Posted by jdcurt2

Is there anyway to clean the inside of shoes?

I have some og white/black 13's and the inside of them (sock liner) are really dirty? Is there anyway to clean it? Thanks in advance

soap and water and hard scrubbing.

How can these be fixed?

3016697081_85c879e752.jpg

3017529048_b6e523ee77.jpg

I want to start restoring these but I need help on a few things.

Where can I purchase the paint at? What colors?

I want to restore everything from the back & side heel, the tab, the leather etc. and I was wondering how do i clean the air bubble?

you can buy angelus paint. im not sure about the colors. this is the website to order.
http://www.caningshop.com...Y&Category_Code=OTH-J

and for the air bubble you can try using a hair dryer. if that doesnt work. it just wasnt meant to be.

Originally Posted by onlyjays9P

2vjeyae.jpg

thats the only pic i can get right now its the gray looking spot i dont know how to get it off

sorry, i cant help you. picture is a blurry. its hard to tell what it looks like. maybe somebody else can help you. maybe try rubbing alcohol?

Back
Top Bottom