:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

1995 Charlotte Hornets 10 Complete restoration: I renewed the leather and conditioned it, took off the whole sole and reglued, renewed the rubber sole on the bottom, deep cleaned the insoles, and removed the fraying on the laces

How did you clean up the soles so well?

Last edited:
Has anyone ever tried to sun bleach the XI Concord upper? I've done the RIT 2 times and used shout 1x and still not white to my satisfaction. I know growing up my moms used to add lemon juice to the washer and then hang me and my pops white tee's and socks outside and the results were crazy. I still do this to my socks and tee's to this day. If you try it with anything colored tho it's gonna fade.

What is more efficient RIT liquid or the powder one. Also anyone ever used these products on the white plastic netting on the WC4.

Thanks to anyone willing to help

^ you don't needa quote 10 pics to ask 1 question..

I wanted to do it that way. Is there a problem?

It's really annoying to scroll through. You should have left the pictures of the sole in the quote and deleted the rest.

Has anyone ever tried to sun bleach the XI Concord upper? I've done the RIT 2 times and used shout 1x and still not white to my satisfaction. I know growing up my moms used to add lemon juice to the washer and then hang me and my pops white tee's and socks outside and the results were crazy. I still do this to my socks and tee's to this day. If you try it with anything colored tho it's gonna fade.

I've never tried it, you should be the Guinea pig and let us know how it works :lol:

I've never tried it, you should be the Guinea pig and let us know how it works :lol:
Putting on my crash test dummy helmet! LOL I actually rinsed the shout today and presently drying in the sun. If desired results not achieved and no adverse effects of drying in the sun occur, I might give the lemon juice method a shot. KYP
Also, anyone know if the thick round laces from shoelace express are comparable to the original XI laces?

Last edited:
thanks for all the help in this forum.

Trying to do a midsole swap on my cool grey xi. I took the midsole from a beater pair of the same size. Is it normal for so much space to be left before glueing to the top?

Trying to do a midsole swap on my cool grey xi. I took the midsole from a beater pair of the same size. Is it normal for so much space to be left before glueing to the top?

Yes that's normal. You have to glue it right or it will suck though. I haven't glued in awhile but I'm pretty sure you glue the heel first then work your way to the front and the toe cap curls upward which is what leaves that extra space.

(Iron/wet towel method works well on midsoles. Do it before you glue them so they don't separated when you want those creases out)

Putting on my crash test dummy helmet! LOL I actually rinsed the shout today and presently drying in the sun. If desired results not achieved and no adverse effects of drying in the sun occur, I might give the lemon juice method a shot. KYP
Also, anyone know if the thick round laces from shoelace express are comparable to the original XI laces?
I think fullylaced.com has some that are identical

My brother bought these off his friend who knows someone who sells legit J's. My Breds got shipped in the plastic bag hence the effed box. But I dont know how that would affect my shoes. Does anyone know how to get rid or reduce the creases on the back side on 11's?

Last edited:
Here is my latest goofs. I became really nervous and made big speckles lole you see on fakes in the beginning but smooth sailing after i regain my confidence

What is more efficient RIT liquid or the powder one. Also anyone ever used these products on the white plastic netting on the WC4.

Liquid liquid liquid. The powder doesn't always fully dissolve even when u use hot water and can leave a little residue, which can end up yellowing a little bit when u leave it on whatever ur cleaning. I recently used the liquid on my concords yellowed mesh and it works pretty good. Way better than bleach base cleaners in my opinion. Never used it on plastic netting for 4s but I would guess it could help a little, probly not as much as on straight fabrics though. I've heard of using plus white on really yellowed netting but I've only used it on midsoles.

bump for great thread. will be cleaning some of my old kicks this weekend. then posting the ones i dont like to buy some new stuff. i have too many shoe boxes and its cluttering my closet.

Liquid liquid liquid. The powder doesn't always fully dissolve even when u use hot water and can leave a little residue, which can end up yellowing a little bit when u leave it on whatever ur cleaning. I recently used the liquid on my concords yellowed mesh and it works pretty good. Way better than bleach base cleaners in my opinion. Never used it on plastic netting for 4s but I would guess it could help a little, probly not as much as on straight fabrics though. I've heard of using plus white on really yellowed netting but I've only used it on midsoles.

I use powder. No residue left over on my 4s or 11s.

Back
Top Bottom