:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

I need your guys help! I got a a few flaws on my Bred 1's like leather cracking/chipping and yellowing midsoles. How would I get rid of this?

Here are some few pics:

And the midsole

I also did some midsole whitening on the left pair to see if the toothpaste method would work, I only tried it for 2 days. I just wet the midsole, rubbed toothpaste on it and let it sit for 15 minute then wash it down. Should I continue using this method? 

As far as the paint cracking goes, I think a repaint is your only option.

omg I am such an idiot. I left a we mr clean magic eraser next to my 88s and Apparently someone hit it.so it was making contact with the heel tab and it got left there for a while now the color came off of the heel tab. it isnt too bad but I am very pissed off I went into panic mode and ordered angelus white paint and matte finisher. anyone know if Im kn.the right track to fixing these?'Never painted a heel tab before so I'm taking out to anyone who has experience. I'm not gonna strip the whole paint of I'm just gonna try to fix and blend the outer edge where she paint came off. I thought the heel tab was dyed on not painted on.

omg I am such an idiot. I left a we mr clean magic eraser next to my 88s and Apparently someone hit it.so it was making contact with the heel tab and it got left there for a while now the color came off of the heel tab. it isnt too bad but I am very pissed off I went into panic mode and ordered angelus white paint and matte finisher. anyone know if Im kn.the right track to fixing these?'Never painted a heel tab before so I'm taking out to anyone who has experience. I'm not gonna strip the whole paint of I'm just gonna try to fix and blend the outer edge where she paint came off. I thought the heel tab was dyed on not painted on.
Pictures are needed

Got a DS pair of Chicagos and they stink like an ashtray. Anything that will kill this cigarette odor they have?

They're starting to smell like leather again. Used some baking soda inside coffee filters and let em sit in the shoes and air out. Slowly getting rid of the smell.

How would I get these panels to be "white" again? Is there some type of cleaner I could use or would I have to paint?

How would I get these panels to be "white" again? Is there some type of cleaner I could use or would I have to paint?

Wow I came in here to ask the same question.

My playoff 8s are in great condition, but that slight yellowing bugs me and I'm on the fence with buying the 8s in June because of it...is it possible to restore or no?

1990 Fire Red 5 Sneaker Restoration: Sole Swapped

What's up guys. I'm here throwing you another project I've finished recently. This project wasn't as hard as the Fire Red 4 1989 and the 1991 Sport Blue 6 swap. The Fire Red 5's had a more supple and healthier leather on opposed to the 4's I swapped which were already starting to crack. I've had previous experience repainting a pair of 2006 Fire Red 5's so this was a piece of cake. I made the shark teeth or the flames of the shoe more rounded and bolder than the donor's because the OG's were a lot bigger and bolder. 

Nothing too much done here but I swapped and repainted the midsole, unyellowed the bottom soles a little bit ( 2 - 3 sessions only. I wanted it to be yellow still ), cleaned the toecap, and defuzzed the sock liner. Thanks for your support again and have an awesome evening. God Bless.

what options does one have if an air bubble loses its air or pops for shoes that have at least half of the sole with air (ex: lebron 7 or lebron 9)?

1990 Fire Red 5 Sneaker Restoration: Sole Swapped

What's up guys. I'm here throwing you another project I've finished recently. This project wasn't as hard as the Fire Red 4 1989 and the 1991 Sport Blue 6 swap. The Fire Red 5's had a more supple and healthier leather on opposed to the 4's I swapped which were already starting to crack. I've had previous experience repainting a pair of 2006 Fire Red 5's so this was a piece of cake. I made the shark teeth or the flames of the shoe more rounded and bolder than the donor's because the OG's were a lot bigger and bolder. 

Nothing too much done here but I swapped and repainted the midsole, unyellowed the bottom soles a little bit ( 2 - 3 sessions only. I wanted it to be yellow still ), cleaned the toecap, and defuzzed the sock liner. Thanks for your support again and have an awesome evening. God Bless.
DAMN THEM ARE CLEAN! LOOKING SUPER FRESH FOR 23 YEARS OLD, NICE WORK!

That restore on those fire red 5's is amazing man. Nice work.

I' ve been wearing some retro 10's to ball in lately, and they started squeeking like crazy. I know 10's are notorious for the squeek, but how do you get rid of it? I remember a while back reading something about baby powder, but where do you put it? On the actual sole?

That restore on those fire red 5's is amazing man. Nice work.

I' ve been wearing some retro 10's to ball in lately, and they started squeeking like crazy. I know 10's are notorious for the squeek, but how do you get rid of it? I remember a while back reading something about baby powder, but where do you put it? On the actual sole?
Remove the insole (might be glued in real good. Idk if the recent 10s were glued), and then put some baby powder.

Do some research and find out how that print is applied to that plastic, then you can know whats safe to use on it. I would guess it would be similar to whatever people use to un-yellow older III heel tabs. Then again, the heel tabs dont have print.
Wow I came in here to ask the same question.

My playoff 8s are in great condition, but that slight yellowing bugs me and I'm on the fence with buying the 8s in June because of it...is it possible to restore or no?

Since this is leather, maybe MAYBE try ironing some creases out the toe, then start the repaint process? The paint will probably be a different color than the rest of the shoe, so you probably cant just paint the toe up to the stitching of the eyehole strap.
I need your guys help! I got a a few flaws on my Bred 1's like leather cracking/chipping and yellowing midsoles. How would I get rid of this?

Here are some few pics:

And the midsole

I also did some midsole whitening on the left pair to see if the toothpaste method would work, I only tried it for 2 days. I just wet the midsole, rubbed toothpaste on it and let it sit for 15 minute then wash it down. Should I continue using this method? 

I haven't worn my Bred 4's in a while and the suede is ashy AF and I was wondering what's the best way to remove all this white crap off and make them look like new again and shine?
what white stuff? Baby oil treatment is the only way to make nubuck look newer... but it will give the nubuck look blacker and it will be softer

For anything cloth or vinyl like i use a microfiber towel and liquid laundry detergent
So im somewhat done with cleaning up my pair of 1994 chicago 1...all i really need to do is find a Rit brightener to brighten the tounge and buy a new pair of sneaker shields since i am missing one lol...but anyhow i threw on some black laces and put them on...

I retrobrited a pair of 17's lows about a year ago, wore them twice and put them back up for maybe 10 months. Pulled them out yesterday and it appears that the the yellowing is back. Same thing happening with my Forest Green 14's. Is this normal? Just wondering if retrobriting this often is normal or if maybe I'm not properly cleaning it off after each session.

I retrobrited a pair of 17's lows about a year ago, wore them twice and put them back up for maybe 10 months. Pulled them out yesterday and it appears that the the yellowing is back. Same thing happening with my Forest Green 14's. Is this normal? Just wondering if retrobriting this often is normal or if maybe I'm not properly cleaning it off after each session.
to me it seems retrobrite/seaglowing is only a temporary solution.

yellowing is natural and regardless what you do it will come back and more than likely faster than before but maybe its the way you are storing them?

Does cutting sneaker shields effect their performance at all? I had to chop of 3 toes worth on the side cuz they're painfullll

Back
Top Bottom