Official Warriors Off Season Thread

I know it's $10 off with new members for Google Checkout but I have yet to look for it on buy.com. I should check it out huh.

*edit*
Damn, I just went on buy.com and the $10 off Google Checkout isn't available for that product.
tired.gif
@ buy.com.

if this news about the warriors pursuing J-Smoove is true...
eek.gif
he's easily my favorite non-Warriors player and i think he'd fit in perfect (betterthan brand will)

I just ordered that laptop cooler from Frys... total came out to $28.54 but it does come with a $15 mail-in rebate. Cool. Thanks Andrew
pimp.gif

My thing is why are the Warriors in a rush to sign one of these FA's? Are any of these FA's going to put this team over the top to compete in the Westafter losing Davis? I don't see why Mullins is constantly going after just about every guy on the market when he can be patient and look over his otheroptions. Like, trade for a star caliber player with their cap space. Kinda like how they traded J-Rich's contract for Brandan Wright. I think the Warriorswould be better off in a situation that way. It would just suck for this team to throw big money at J-Smoove, Iggy or Brand, then re-sign Ellis and Biedrinswhich will probably make ya'll close to or over the cap. Then, the team will be stuck with a pretty good core, but nothing that will just turn ya'llinto contenders which means 5-6 years of possibly making the playoffs or lower end of the lottery.

The offer for Brand never should've happened, but Smith would be the ideal FA for them to pick up. I would rather get some trades done first to solidfy astarting PG and get a few other things done before just throwing any type of money and everybody like what Mullins is doing.

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

I just ordered that laptop cooler from Frys... total came out to $28.54 but it does come with a $15 mail-in rebate. Cool. Thanks Andrew
pimp.gif

np anytime

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

My thing is why are the Warriors in a rush to sign one of these FA's? Are any of these FA's going to put this team over the top to compete in the West after losing Davis? I don't see why Mullins is constantly going after just about every guy on the market when he can be patient and look over his other options. Like, trade for a star caliber player with their cap space. Kinda like how they traded J-Rich's contract for Brandan Wright. I think the Warriors would be better off in a situation that way.

Tell me, what star caliber player is out there that is being shopped by another GM... Iverson? I mean, he's still a tremendous player but having him onthis team right now at the point of his career doesn't make sense. Melo? Nah, doesn't make sense either because Kiki already stated that he wants Meloon the Nuggets and put those Melo rumors to rest. And besides, we don't have pieces that Denver wants. They have it in their minds that they can contendnow... just a piece is missing from their team. Vince Carter? Nah, same reason as Iverson. Dude, let's face it... the only tradable pieces we have (sincewe only have 6 players on our current roster) is Al Harrington. You don't think that Nellie/Mullin is already shopping him? No one's biting.

It would just suck for this team to throw big money at J-Smoove, Iggy or Brand, then re-sign Ellis and Biedrins which will probably make ya'll close to or over the cap. Then, the team will be stuck with a pretty good core, but nothing that will just turn ya'll into contenders which means 5-6 years of possibly making the playoffs or lower end of the lottery.

The offer for Brand never should've happened, but Smith would be the ideal FA for them to pick up. I would rather get some trades done first to solidfy a starting PG and get a few other things done before just throwing any type of money and everybody like what Mullins is doing.

Contradict much?

It would just suck for this team to throw big money at J-Smoove, Iggy or Brand, then re-sign Ellis and Biedrins which will probably make ya'll close to or over the cap. Then, the team will be stuck with a pretty good core, but nothing that will just turn ya'll into contenders which means 5-6 years of possibly making the playoffs or lower end of the lottery.

The offer for Brand never should've happened, but Smith would be the ideal FA for them to pick up. I would rather get some trades done first to solidfy a starting PG and get a few other things done before just throwing any type of money and everybody like what Mullins is doing.

Dude, you're acting like we are strapped for cash. Remember, this is Foyle's last year of the money we still owe him (yeah, we still owe him moneyfrom buying out his contract). We still owe Foyle $9 mil. That same $9 mil will come off the books at the end of this upcoming season. We'll have somewiggle room there. Plus, we're trying to trade/get rid of Al Harrington's contract. I'm not exactly sure what he's earning/stealing from thisorganization, but I'm pretty sure it's around $7-8 mil/year.

Point is, you're acting like we're stapped for cash, we're not. I also realize that we still only have 6 players on the roster and that is thereason why we have "cap room", but if our cap room is used correctly, we can make some smart pick ups... for example, picking back up Buike.

why jamal crawford?
He can play the 1-3 in nellys system. He would easily get 20-30 minutes and be a solid scorer for us.
I think Al Harrington could net us a PG through trade whether its Kirk Hinrich or Ray Felton although I am not sure how I'd feel about either of thoseplayers.

Felton would be intriguing, but why does Charlotte hate him? Yea, I'd take him over Kirk cuz Kirk's contract is ridiculous.

Elton Brand would help this team more than Josh Smith, but Josh Smith just has more upside and also fits the offense better, but most GMs would easily takeBrand over J-Smoove, IMO. A healthy Brand is a top 5 PF in the league.

Man, I'm in the 2k8 offseason and I was scrambling trying to trade Baron (he didn't opt out)..and he wouldn't waive his stupid no-trade clause
smh.gif
indifferent.gif

For the 100th time, !$%# Baron Davis
indifferent.gif

laugh.gif

i just don't see Brand coming. he's not getting any younger and joining a team full of young, inexperienced players just doesn't seem like the bestmove if he's really interested in winning anything in the future. of course he might not care about winning and just wants the money... but thatdoesn't seem like a Brand type move.

Mullin, please make a move for J-Smoove.
pimp.gif

We all doubt that Brand will actually take our offer... so you're not alone
laugh.gif
. The consensus in this thread is that we'd rather have Josh Smith orAndre Iguodala... but if Brand takes our offer, I'm not going to say it's a really bad move necessarily. He's a top 5 PF when healthy and he'dhelp any team that he's on.

Originally Posted by acidicality

Felton would be intriguing, but why does Charlotte hate him? Yea, I'd take him over Kirk cuz Kirk's contract is ridiculous.

Elton Brand would help this team more than Josh Smith, but Josh Smith just has more upside and also fits the offense better, but most GMs would easily take Brand over J-Smoove, IMO. A healthy Brand is a top 5 PF in the league.

Man, I'm in the 2k8 offseason and I was scrambling trying to trade Baron (he didn't opt out)..and he wouldn't waive his stupid no-trade clause
smh.gif
indifferent.gif

For the 100th time, !$%# Baron Davis
indifferent.gif

laugh.gif

i don't think it's hate.. it's just that they drafted augustin, and now he's the obvious incumbent and is being shopped. augustinIS an upgrade, but felton is only a 3rd year pro, and he's not bad at all with room to grow still.

i'd really, REALLY like it if hinrich didn't come here.

why jamal crawford?
He can play the 1-3 in nellys system. He would easily get 20-30 minutes and be a solid scorer for us.
I think Al Harrington could net us a PG through trade whether its Kirk Hinrich or Ray Felton although I am not sure how I'd feel about either of those players.
i don't know his game too much, but why can't we have azubuike fill that same role for us? how is he on defence?

Originally Posted by daprescription

Brand is/was in Philly recently
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

I read that too
laugh.gif
. He's obviously trying to make Donald Sterling dish out more money for his services because of all the interest in him
laugh.gif
. GoldenState and Philadelphia coming together to help drive up the price for Brand
pimp.gif
. Let's screw over Donald Sterling and the Clippers
pimp.gif
!!

Chris is jacking up the prices on everybody out there, and there could be an "odd man out" that we can sign later on.
We hold all the cards this free agency
pimp.gif

Do you think Mullin is actually playing his cards well and everything is falling into place (causing cap problems to all teams that try to bid against them),or do you think it just happens to look that way...

I think Baron is a horrible poker player. He's a *+**++ actor, so I guess he deserves to be in LA.
But don't underestimate Mullin, don't let that buzz cut fool you.
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
@ the mention of his buzz cut...

By the way, do they still have "Buzz Cut Night" where you can get a buzz cut from Mullin?

I don't think so....I know prior to our playoff season I remember there were those days. You could get into the arena for free if you got it (ibelieve)...
pimp.gif

weird i thought of this but jamario moon is pretty skinny 6'9 *@+ at 205 pounds? and jamario did pretty well last year...

well what i'm trying to say is...why are people doubting our skinny bigs?

why are people doubting our skinny bigs?

because few have actually watched them extensively as much as we do...(speaking of Biedrins, for the most part)-i mean people were saying Biedrins is soft andstuff like that.
and also, if we even show any optimism about our players in other threads, we're "hyping them up"...
grin.gif

Back
Top Bottom