Official Warriors Off Season Thread

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

Originally Posted by offbad

Originally Posted by acidicality

And we should trade Harrington away for a bruiser down low...

Oh no! Not our 2nd best player?! You sure you know what you're doing?!
nerd.gif
i know, it's gonna be hard to part with him since he's so freakin good
eek.gif
, u think we can get Josh Howard for him? I mean, Al's better than at least one of Baron Davis or Monta Ellis....so I don't think that's reaching...
laugh.gif

Hmmm... let's ask JapanAir21. I think he'd accept that in a heartbeat
laugh.gif

blasphemous. all of you.
laugh.gif

Dude in like every game thread, you bash Harrington. You must not appreciate one of the top talents in the league
smh.gif

roll.gif

i've been blind this entire season! forgive me.

Speaking of Big Al, just got back from my April 15th firm party and ran into Big Al on 2nd in SF with his chick/side chick, whomever.

Ironic.

I dont feel good about this kinda thrown to the backburner, but I would REALLY like some opinions from warrior fans about Don Nelson's decision to sitBaron the whole 2nd half of yesterday night's most important elimination game. It is killing me inside, and I just want to know WHY? What did Baron do?Nelson has said Baron is his leader/best player. You don't sit your BEST player, the single player who is primary responsible for the whole success of theWarriors. Baron Davis has a career year, played EVERY single game this year, gave his blood and sweat for this team this whole year, and you SIT him the WHOLEsecond half for a 2/13 shooting night? YOU HAVE TO BE KIDDIN' ME. Don Nelson was selfish for that move.

Baron is the most important player on the team. This is HIS team, not Stephen Jackson, Monta, etc. You don't sit your leader in whole 2nd half in aelimination/must win game. I feel sorry for Baron for yesterday's game. It has to be more than basketball. Im listening to KNBR, and Damon Bruce is goingabsolute nuts.

Some people stated "rest," and they were doing fine without Baron, and once it was crunch time he had been sitting on the bench for nearly an hour.

From my POV? inexcusable.

Damon Bruce rants for no reasons sometimes, they may or may not be justified.

I have no issue with his sitting Baron given how god awful Baron looked. What I DO have a problem with is, why he waited till the last week of the season to doit. I agree to an extent that you don't sit your best player, but we got the lead without him and that team was clicking. Period. Versus a team like Pho,you run with what's working or you're going to get blown out.

Building on that, I wish Nellie took this stance earlier in the season and with Jackson more.

It is what it is, we don't know what Nellie's motives are/were. My buddy noted that at the Clippers game Baron was kinda isolated on the bench when hewas sitting and just didn't look right. Does that mean anything? Who knows?

Fact is, we relied on other teams to do our dirty work, and still would, because even to get into the playoffs we'd need Memphis to miraculously win a gamewhich seems hard enough. We don't deserve the playoffs just because of our record if we can't close teams out and get there without a doubt.

if Nellie was serious about winning the game yesterday, he definitely woulda went with Baron at least sometime in the 4th quarter.
i don't know what he did....but to me it definitely seemed like he threw in the towel
ohwell.gif

at least in my point of view, I think it may be a sign we won't keep Baron...I know he's the No. 1 guy on this team and the leader, but whenyou don't play your best player in an elimination game that's saying something. and yeah, if you're gonna send a "message" to baron, itshould have been done a lonnnng time ago.

And we should trade Harrington away for a bruiser down low...

Oh no! Not our 2nd best player?! You sure you know what you're doing?!
nerd.gif
i know, it's gonna be hard to part with him since he's so freakin good
eek.gif
, u think we can get Josh Howard for him? I mean, Al's better than at least one of Baron Davis or Monta Ellis....so I don't think that's reaching...
laugh.gif

Hmmm... let's ask JapanAir21. I think he'd accept that in a heartbeat
laugh.gif

blasphemous. all of you.
laugh.gif

Dude in like every game thread, you bash Harrington. You must not appreciate one of the top talents in the league
smh.gif

roll.gif

i've been blind this entire season! forgive me.

I knew it all along that all of you never appreciated top talents in the league. Adonal Foyle for one.
tongue.gif

the warriors came back without baron davis and took a double digit lead. whats wrong with nellie having faith in the players on the court? they didnt comethrough but if they had won people would be calling nellie a genious again

OK NOW THE REAL REASON WHY BARON WAS BENCHED:

Nelson got a call from Mullin to tank the game so they can get a higher pick in the draft since they will most likely get swept by the Lakeshow in the firstround. better to miss the playoffs by a hair and get a solid big man (or using the pick to get a player in a trade) in the draft then make the playoffs, getswept with a first round exit (which would be a downgrade from last year), and come away with nothing.

smart move imo

OK NOW THE REAL REASON WHY BARON WAS BENCHED:

Nelson got a call from Mullin to tank the game so they can get a higher pick in the draft since they will most likely get swept by the Lakeshow. better to miss the playoffs by a hair and get a solid big man in the draft then make the playoffs, get swept, and come away with nothing.

smart move imo
laugh.gif
there isn't that much difference in where they drafteven if they did make it.
ohwell.gif

now, if we win the lottery...it will be worth it.
laugh.gif

Harrington for Josh Howard? If we didn't have Dirk, I'd say yes in a heartbeat...

So Dirk for Harrington?
pimp.gif

laugh.gif

Not putting Baron in could be very drastic. There's big moves in the off-season regardless of what happens.

If I have to guess I'd say it's some issues (perhaps it's minor issue) with Baron that the Warriors would rather not disclose to the public.Warriors and Baron are ready to negotiate this offseason and the Warriors management are being careful about it.

The Warriors had a great season in a very strong west. The problem is that they wouldn't have got very far in the playoffs anyway.

While the W's definitely have some great talents I think that they will continue to be in that 7-8 seed range if they stick with this type of ball.
Warrior Fans, do you think the Run and Gun style the Warriors play will actually lead them anywhere except the 2nd round at best?

Phoenix tried it for 3-4 years and finally gave up when they dealt for Snaq. They are still a high scoring team but have obviously slowed down and improveddefensively - and now I think they have a pretty good chance of making some noise in the playoffs. I think the Warriors could fit that same mold.. obvisioulyit begins with an interior presence, but if Nellie is gonna stick with small ball then its a waste anyway.
ohwell.gif

So Dirk for Harrington?
roll.gif
roll.gif

Get that kind of %@** trade out of here. Stop trying to rip the Warriors off.
grin.gif

Harrington for Dirk, Mark Cuban, and 4 1st round picks will do it though.
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

Damon Bruce rants for no reasons sometimes, they may or may not be justified.

I have no issue with his sitting Baron given how god awful Baron looked. What I DO have a problem with is, why he waited till the last week of the season to do it. I agree to an extent that you don't sit your best player, but we got the lead without him and that team was clicking. Period. Versus a team like Pho, you run with what's working or you're going to get blown out.

Building on that, I wish Nellie took this stance earlier in the season and with Jackson more.

It is what it is, we don't know what Nellie's motives are/were. My buddy noted that at the Clippers game Baron was kinda isolated on the bench when he was sitting and just didn't look right. Does that mean anything? Who knows?

Fact is, we relied on other teams to do our dirty work, and still would, because even to get into the playoffs we'd need Memphis to miraculously win a game which seems hard enough. We don't deserve the playoffs just because of our record if we can't close teams out and get there without a doubt.

I agree on Damon and he is annoying at times. But, I agree with him on this point. I pointed it out in the game thread, and GSOM, and it seemed likemajority of fans backed Nelson's decision, which I think is completely wrong. It was WAY too late to develop your younger players. Its the 81st game of theseason. Its too late. You roll with what u have and thats is Baron Davis which is your best player/leader. He took the warriors this far, and I feel Nelson didhim dirty. It was shady. It wasn't right. Therefore, I think its more than just his play on the court last night for Nelson's decision.

I know Warriors didnt have a good chance to get in, but there was still a small chance, even if it was 2%. That game was still very winnable, and Memphis iscapable of beating the Nuggets, especially after the whole Carmelo fiasco. With that being said, you don't give up on your "franchise" player,after ONE bad shooting HALF. A player who played his *$% off the whole year. Someone who gave his all the whole year, played EVERY single game, which isalready a huge accomplishment for Baron.
I posted this in the game thread last night:

So, if Kobe byrant is having a bad game, you SIT him the WHOLE 2nd half? Baron Davis is Warriors Kobe Byrant, aka their BESTplayer. The reserves brought us back, but they ALSO gave it back. I'm not blaming it on Nellie, Im just QUESTIONING his decision. This game was in theWarriors hands to win. And Denver STILL had to win tomorrow to seal the playoff victory, assuming W's kept the lead and won tonights game.

You dont sit your best player/leader for a whole half of a basketball game when your team is losing the lead of the game. In theend, You live & die with your best players. Warrior's BEST chance to win is with Baron Davis. I feel a lot more comfortable being beat with the ball inBaron's hands than ANYONE else on the team.

Nelson got a call from Mullin to tank the game so they can get a higher pick in the draft since they will most likely get swept by the Lakeshow in the first round. better to miss the playoffs by a hair and get a solid big man (or using the pick to get a player in a trade) in the draft then make the playoffs, get swept with a first round exit (which would be a downgrade from last year), and come away with nothing.
This is exactly what it felt like in the second half like he didn't care about the game anymore. Word to Doc Rivers.

maybe baron was ill/injured somehow someway and didn't wanna risk anything further. all we can do is speculate what's goin on behind the scenes....ifbaron is 100% healthy you definitely gotta go with him in the 4th...but iono. It was bizarre to see baron get the POB treatment, Nellie just did a complete 180in yesterday's game regarding playing bench players in meaningful minutes. That's what he should have done all year, but why wait til game 81?

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Wait WHAT?

You like Mark Cuban..?
eek.gif
roll.gif
naw....

but he's a GREAT sports owner. he's willing to spend his money to help his team win. unlike chri$ cohan
tired.gif

Back
Top Bottom