Post moments that changed your outlook on life...

Originally Posted by jrdnsrnss

Just recently my perspective on life has changed a lot. I recently visited the Philippines for the first time and couldn't believe how much poverty there was. It was everywhere and coming back to the states just made me realize how lucky i am and the majority of Americans are. I saw a young kid, at most four years old playing in the gas station naked, only good thing about it was he doesn't know any better and looked like he was having a good time playing. Coming back it made me rethink my outlook on a lot of things and how little i have to complain about. Seeing people here complain about the dumbest and most pointless %@@$ pisses me off now.

Made that same trip when I was 15. It was really a culture shock for me. Within the first hour while riding on the way back to my auntie's house we were at a stop light and some homeless man and his wife ran straight up the side of the car knocking on the window asking for money. Dude looked like he didn't have pupils in his eyes. Scared the crap out of me. Also visiting the home my mom grew up in. House was dilapidated, leaky roof in multiple places, creaky and broken floorboards, no running water, no electricity, folks there were just happy with the hand me downs we sent years prior to the trip. Made me realize how good I have it here and appreciate my parents for doing whatever they had to to get out of their situation there. There ain't nobody trying to help each other there, everybody is out for their own. #*%% is sad, really.

walking down the from the BTS in Bangkok and seeing a bum with a cup in his mouth, missing both legs and 1 hand begging for money while crawling on this disgusting street 
tired.gif
... and just being out here in general with the poor and way of life for some.

First time i ever got some real results from meditating
eek.gif

Having a vivid dream of both my parents dying
frown.gif

Graduating from Bootcamp (USMC)
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

The moment a couple years back when I decided to turn my life around and started believing in God

pops passed away when i was 15 and i had to become the man of the hose
me and my sister thats all we ever had
graduated to cooking soft and selling hard
gots to be a G

The first trip I took to China was an eye opener.

The level of poverty I saw just shook me up.

Working at McDonald's, and witnessing those without a High School diploma working OT to put rims on their car.

busted for fighting on campus, almost got expelled. Realized I had to open my eyes and stop acting like a douche.

When my grandmother passed away my senior year of HS

When I shattered my knee my junior year of HS playing football

When I saw Benjamin Button
pimp.gif

When my grandmother passed in 2003 I said %$^& the world....

When my daughter was born in 2009 I knew that I'm here for her....

Originally Posted by YouMadYouBad

I was rollin real hard, and realized that life is beautiful and only worth enjoiying. .

Let go of anger, let go of greed, let go of jealousy. . Just be

Mind has been blown since then.

This just changed me abit. Thanks youmadyoubad

Originally Posted by Lightweight Champion

Originally Posted by jrdnsrnss

Just recently my perspective on life has changed a lot. I recently visited the Philippines for the first time and couldn't believe how much poverty there was. It was everywhere and coming back to the states just made me realize how lucky i am and the majority of Americans are. I saw a young kid, at most four years old playing in the gas station naked, only good thing about it was he doesn't know any better and looked like he was having a good time playing. Coming back it made me rethink my outlook on a lot of things and how little i have to complain about. Seeing people here complain about the dumbest and most pointless %@@$ pisses me off now.

Made that same trip when I was 15. It was really a culture shock for me. Within the first hour while riding on the way back to my auntie's house we were at a stop light and some homeless man and his wife ran straight up the side of the car knocking on the window asking for money. Dude looked like he didn't have pupils in his eyes. Scared the crap out of me. Also visiting the home my mom grew up in. House was dilapidated, leaky roof in multiple places, creaky and broken floorboards, no running water, no electricity, folks there were just happy with the hand me downs we sent years prior to the trip. Made me realize how good I have it here and appreciate my parents for doing whatever they had to to get out of their situation there. There ain't nobody trying to help each other there, everybody is out for their own. #*%% is sad, really.
Add me to THIS.
If only every single born American can go visit any 3rd world country and live there for about a month.  When each and everyone of them come back they will learn to realize how nice we have it here in America. 

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

The moment I slammed OC for the first and only time.
frown.gif
I promised myself that I wouldnever touch a needle again and I haven't even done hard drugs since that day. Real ++$$.

Damn son..I know this girl who used to get right off the 60s and 80s...She was bad but fell off hella hard. Glad you off that stuff man. OC is no joke for real.

-starting a new semester my junior year in hs and sitting by this two chicks who were discussing thier sexual escapades with total disregard of who was around. Back then I would of never believed females discussed things as such if I hadn't heard it with my own two ears. Feels like I evolved that day
laugh.gif

-the last scene in White Men Can't Jump

-recently watching amil larrieux "get up" for the first time in years

Heart surgery at 16, it was the first time I realized that I was vulnerable, and that bad/dangerous things could happen to me for no reason.

Slacking off in High School made me have a different perception with my education. Luckily the hassle of trying to reach the certain amount of credits I needed to graduate my senior year, haunts me until this day. Keeps me more motivated to stay in track in college.
tired.gif

becoming a dad at age 17 was one of those moments where i realized things weren't all about me anymore

getting locked up a few years ago, was a humbling expierence and really changed my outlook on life, in regards to getting my stuff together and to start going down the right path

being in the hospital when a childhood friend of mine passed away a few years back, and just seeing his family the way they were, and the way i was feeling as well, is another moment i can't get out my mind still to this day, made me realize life isn't guaranteed and to make the most of things, my dude played football and ran track and was as healthy as could be put had a pre existing heart condition no one knew about.

After taking up Cosmology/Astronomy and learning about Astrophysics a little bit and learning about the age of the earth etc etc..

I found out God was a figment of my imagination and greed for personal wants/needs 

And of course watching a few Stephen Hawking, Carl Sagan, and Neil deGrasse Tyson talks/documentaries as well

changed my entire outlook on this crazy, yet amazing world we live in 

Having my car do a total 360 in the middle of the interstate...TWICE with out me or anyone else being injured. I am clearly here for a reason

Seeing a UFO with my own eyes last week at 4 25 in the morning.. I've always had beliefs in extraterrestrial beings but this solidified my beliefs on aliens..

Originally Posted by cutasdiamondz8

Seeing a UFO with my own eyes last week at 4 25 in the morning.. I've always had beliefs in extraterrestrial beings but this solidified my beliefs on aliens..
explain...

Back
Top Bottom