Principles of Accounting class

I have to take this class but I just wanted to know how hard it is and what yall do in there. Also do you need to take and introductory class before you takethe actual accounting class.

It all depends on your teacher and if you care about the class. I took it and got a B, but this other guy in the class was taking it for the 3rd time and Idont think he passes because he didn't even bother showing up to the final...

it's fairly easy.

i tutor both courses of principles and as long as you take the right mindset towards the class, it should flow nicely. youre gonna learn basic things like"assets=liabilities + owner's equity" and then build off that into other things of a proprietorship.

accounting II (still principles) is more into corporations and partnerships in detail. a little more complex, but the principles classes shouldnt really be aproblem at all. intermediate and the upper level tax/audit classes are the ones that really set people apart.

hope that helps.

Thanks guys I just hear its hard but yall pretty much summed it up for me. Just for information here is the course description.

ACCT 2301 Principles of Accounting I
(3-3-1)
An introduction to business external financial reporting; designed to create an awareness of theaccounting concepts and principles used in preparing the three basic financial statements: the income statement, balance sheet, and statement of cash flow. Thecourse is designed for all business students, whether future users or preparers of accounting information.

Yeah, I took it this semester. It's pretty easy if your teacher teaches with slides. As long as you attend class and have SOME sort of interest, you'llbe fine. I ended up with a C because I only showed up for 3 out of 5 quizzes and the 3 tests. I basically taught myself with the slides and a couple sessionsof 8-9 hours straight of studying. Make sure you get it right the first time cuz it's probably the prerequisite for most of your classes. If I didn'tget that C, I would've had to take all electives this semester haha.

EDIT: It's just a lot of memorization. You just gotta know what to debit or credit, when and under what conditions you debit or credit, and how to use aspreadsheet. Good luck, bro.

God i hated that class....good luck.

the junk is real easy. But alot of it is bland and very similar to each other.

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

same here.. started off EXTREMELY WELL in the beginning, but with my schedule(getting out late, tired, transportation, no motivation) I just stopped going on purpose, thing is though.. i passed 2 tests (95,86).. missed one test, classwork started getting harder, i was like "*@%! it" ..so the day of the final, I didn't show up on purpose (40% of the grade). Gonna retake it thissemester.

Yeah I'm pretty much motivated and looking forward to it but the only downside about it is that I hear the instuctors to this class are pretty muchhorrible from rate my professor but one teacher has a decent score so Im taking her. But from yalls experience it sounds pretty easy as long as you dont slackoff. Thanks for the feedback guys.

Originally Posted by BCF06

Good Luck FreshProduct. You'll get it down this time.

Thanks a lot, same to you.. Just make sure you pay attention to the material.My teacher was @!**! though.. all she EVER said was "read the book."

Hey FreshProduct are you at least taking a different instructor. Sometimes that makes a lot of the difference.

My instructor this past semester for Principles of Financial Accntg was great, got an A+, have the same dude for Accting II. Will be cake again...

Originally Posted by BCF06

Hey FreshProduct are you at least taking a different instructor. Sometimes that makes a lot of the difference.

When I was setting up the schedule, they didn't have any teachersnames/class rooms.. just the classes and seats available, if I do have her again, I'll make sure I get switched ASAP.. she was a funny teacher etc, but shewould scream on you if you didn't know something
laugh.gif
..so I never asked questions

i took this class during the fall semester that just passed. i got an A because the teacher was great. You just do the usual balance sheets, income statements,T account Charts, etc... there was a lot of reading for my class too. the text book was huge.

Yeah I think instuctors make the difference sometimes but good job on that A. Where I go I rarely here anybody making A's in accounting but Im gonna tryto change that.

It all depends on the professor. At my school, professors expect you to know accounting principles before you have even taken the course. None of them haveeven passed the exam to even be a accountant. If you end up with a bad professor, your best bet will be to do your hw and study the book.

Yeah I agree with you PR Superman thats why I always do research on every class I'm going to take. Besides I hear thats test is crazy hard. I alwayswondered if any body from here has passed it yet.

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

the junk is real easy. But alot of it is bland and very similar to each other.

same here. the instructor really makes the difference, mine was a very hard grader.

On one hand, it is easy because it is an intro class and the information that you learn is straigh forward and simple to apply on exams. On the other hand, itcan be time consuming because you may have to learn a lot of things, nothing very difficult; but if your professor wants to cover the entire book, you willwant to not miss class and you should also committ to doing some rote memorization when you study.

Most people fail that intro to accounting course because they never show up to class and do not know the terms, definitions and the fairly straight forwardrules that come up on the exams.

Back
Top Bottom