Questions about trading in my car

Ok so currently i have a 09 Acura TSX with 62K miles and want to trade it in for a 2011 Charger R/T w/24K miles that they're selling for $28,944.

Right now I owe around $14,400 on my for the TSX. When i went to the dealership today, they appraised my car for only $14,000. Now i know that i'll be upside since i'll have a -$400 difference, but I'm sure i can pay that $400 difference so that I won't be upside down and that they wont put that $400 into the new car.

My question is would this be a good idea for me to do right now? or should i just hold on to what I have.

You got to give more information on your financial situation. From what you've said so far, it doesn't sound like a good idea but you could be sitting on $500K in savings for all we know.

You got to give more information on your financial situation. From what you've said so far, it doesn't sound like a good idea but you could be sitting on $500K in savings for all we know.
There's really no financial situation, other that i'm paying $390 a month on my current car. I wish i had $500K in savings :lol:

well, you're going to be paying more for that car every month (depending on if you make any additional down payment, how long you get a loan for, and what interest rate you get). is it worth it to you? acura is considered a "near luxury" brand whereas dodge is not, but i like the challenger more than the tsx. gas is going to be worse in the challenger, but not too much worse i don't think.

Get some insurance quotes before you jump into anything. The difference between insuring a FWD 4cyl/v6 vs a RWD v8 is astronomical

Last edited:
Check the private selling value of the Acura and see if its close to what they are offering. If they are offering lower than the private value tell em you want the car but instead of trading in the Acura you found someone who is going to buy it for private party value. They may give you that price. Don't rush anything take your time, they will cave. If the RT has da hemi it should keep value so you aren't getting a car that will de appreciate as soon as you drive off the lot.

Check the private selling value of the Acura and see if its close to what they are offering. If they are offering lower than the private value tell em you want the car but instead of trading in the Acura you found someone who is going to buy it for private party value. They may give you that price. Don't rush anything take your time, they will cave. If the RT has da hemi it should keep value so you aren't getting a car that will de appreciate as soon as you drive off the lot.
Yea think i may try this and see what happens. The RT does have da hemi

You're gonna upside down even worse when it's time to get rid of the charger

You're gonna be paying more for the charger..and your interest rate will probably be higher since you're trading in a car that's upside down.

Last edited:
this is why i condone leasing.........new whip every few years, maintenance free

most ppl wanna trade in they cars any damn way

Back
Top Bottom