quick question. did i F up? vol. job

so i applied for this job and gotten a call back today
and the recruiter asked me a few questions and one of the she asked me was " can you tell me about your Previous job " Im actually current emplyed by United Parcel Service.. she tells me is there a reason why your leaving them? i tell her.. i wouldnt say that i would leave them but i do work grave yard shifts for about 3-4 hours and i have so much free time bla blah.. then she goes ok so your looking for a second job.. i said yes..

she then tells me great, im going to forward your app to our recruitment team and see if they your background and other info checks out and they should be able to call you back within a week if everything checks out and if theres a position available that meets your skill set etc..

so did i @*%% up on telling them that im currently employed and that i may not leave my current job because ups insurance is boss and that im looking for a second job?

frown.gif
frown.gif
grin.gif

Before the typical NT responses come.. I think it is best to be honest. You wouldn't lie about the pay you receive. They can track all of this stuff if they really wanted to. Maybe it hurt your chances for the position you were after, but it's good you stayed honest..

eh....maybe, only time will tell. Usually employers want you to have a job....it shows that your employable and you pass a critical first step (especially important given the current economy)
If this job wants someone full time....your dead.
Next time people ask why your leaving....just say your looking for a better long term fit.....cures all issues and problems right away.
Dont tell them you have too much free time....although it shows initiative and i see your reasons for giving that answer there are other people who will say the same in a better way.

Its a job....you got one already and can find another, live and learn, no big deal honestly.

Originally Posted by sherpashoes

eh....maybe, only time will tell. Usually employers want you to have a job....it shows that your employable and you pass a critical first step (especially important given the current economy)
If this job wants someone full time....your dead.
Next time people ask why your leaving....just say your looking for a better long term fit.....cures all issues and problems right away.

Dont tell them you have too much free time....although it shows initiative and i see your reasons for giving that answer there are other people who will say the same in a better way.

Its a job....you got one already and can find another, live and learn, no big deal honestly.
i think this company are only for full time employees.
and yeah, i should of said that.. im kicking my self for it.. but she was so fast like skinning an animal in a hot summer day before the flies get to it fast.

i do have a job, but on top of rent, ortho, and other bills that i pay for.. i dont have any money left for myself.
sick.gif

Originally Posted by Teddythegr:nerd:ne

I think it is best to be honest.

this.
my GF asked for vaca time during a job interview 
roll.gif
 (date was already set way before the interview)

i was surprised when she got the call back.. not to mention the week off for our HI trip (2 weeks into her new job). 
smokin.gif

was the job you applied for meant to be full-time? if not, then saying you wanted a second job is not bad at all. you're being honest with the person.

now, if you were thinking of leaving your current job, one of the best ways to work your way around the question is to just say that you're looking for growth opportunities and you feel that you can fit the job description...blah blah blah...

^ i believe all the positions are full time.

now i feel like i F up. i really need it to get a car or atleast fix the thing i call bucket. 
tired.gif

Back
Top Bottom