Racism clearly will never end...

Discussion in 'General' started by evansst, Dec 15, 2009.

1. evansst

evansst

Wow I can't believe this...
    *cliffnotes*

My father is a general contractor in construction.

He does major highway and commercial work.

Over the years he has faced racism and discrimination.

He's a subcontractor for a company called MCM on the bay bridge (in Oakland, CA). He has had issues with them from the start. They would delay hissubmittals or RFI's (which are materials that need to be approved by the state/owner before you can use them).

He has been on this project for a year and still hasn't gotten paid.

They didn't want him to have the job in the beginning but he got it because of affirmative action. He took the job because he knew he would get notorietyfor it and wanted to take on the challenge.

He's 90% done with the project after they put all these roadblocks against him.

He seen this on his job today...

[​IMG]

Wow[​IMG]

*Updated 12/15/2009*

After what happened yesterday my father still had a meeting to attend today regarding the project. Simultaneously, he was planning to discuss the noose incident as well. He met with MCM's project manager the electrical sub-contractor, and the guy who hung the noose (who works for the electrical sub-contractor). My father told me the guy admitted he did it and didn't have any remorse.:smh. After he heard that farce, my father told me he had to leave because he was so furious at how nonchalantly MCM and the electrical contractor acted towards the situation. My father made some calls to his attorney and plans to have the same people who worked on the Oscar Grant case on board. This is too wild.

*Updated 12/17/2009*

My father got a call from the equal opportunity officer from Caltrans. She basically informed him that an investigation is in process. He's very upsetbecause he feels that the superiors that he's reached out to aren't taking it serious. For example, a law firm said they weren't going to acceptthe case. I know it could be because they felt that not much monetary benefit would come from it or it could be (in their minds) not enough evidence. I'mpissed about that. It seems that people are just going about it nonchalantly. He told me that some of his associates even said just to move on and it's ajoke. If people have the nerve to hang nooses on a person's jobsite you don't know what kind of heinous acts they maybe capable of. If someone gotkilled would that get their attention?

2. marath0n

marath0n

3. discombobulated jack

discombobulated jack

wow. what a shame dude.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

4. cincoseisdos

cincoseisdos

That's $#%%#! up bro.

What sucks is sometime you have NO CHOICE but to be the bigger person and swallow the pride and get back to work [​IMG]

5. raptors29

raptors29

I don't know why you're surprised. BTW my dad worked on the Bay Bridge in Oakland in 2003-2004.

6. yancancook90

yancancook90

truly disgusting.

curious, did your Dad do anything about it?

7. tsx24

tsx24

Sorry to hear that dude, but the best revenge is success!

8. klipschorn

klipschorn

Brew up a real nice and concise story about your dad to your local news station. Make it sound sappy but irritating at the same time. Get them to want to putyour story up, thatshould garnish some attention from the people who phailed to pay your dad.

Of course, what are the odds..[​IMG]

9. therainycity206

therainycity206

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] punk %@! #%*$! made cowards

10. Absolutely disgusting

11. damnthosejs

damnthosejs

12. maza4ever14

maza4ever14

wow...

would you mind if i forward this to a local news agency?

13. nash

nash

smh...I'd like to see the uncle tom black dudes running around NT defend this crap

14. mytmouse76

mytmouse76

the worst part...and you know theres nothing you can do/say to make those types of people feel as low as they try to make you feel [​IMG]

i still have hope/faith in humanity tho...

15. blaz3n

blaz3n

[​IMG][​IMG]

16. awwsome

awwsome

[​IMG]

[Pusha] Never will it stop [Pusha]

Can't let the ignorance effect you though, pray for them.

Your pops seem like a real dude though, blessings to him.

17. evansst

evansst

Yes he did. He called his attorney and he has friends who work for the city of Oakland.

18. evansst

evansst

I don't mind.

19. essential1

essential1

$%$+%* up

*waits for someone to say racism isn't a problem in this country*

20. rko2004

rko2004

Dang that's crazy. Whats funny is that He will probably be more successful than the idiots who did this so He wins in the long run. But yeah it wont end.You can tell that from playing video games online. I've been called the N word or heard dudes say they hate N words. Its sad but oh well. Tell yo pops tokeep his head forward and leave this in the past where these dudes will stay.

21. datprepboivinc3

datprepboivinc3

Thats FOUL.

22. freshmoney15

freshmoney15

BOYCOTT son...

Whats thats bs i hear about sucking it up and gettin bak to work

F all that nonsense... you might as well use that and hang yourself if you gonna do notin n get bak to work.

Na son... we a different generation... we have a diff mentality... we gotta stand up for our rights

FIGHT THE POWER

23. hugo

hugo

may i ask what race you are and they are [​IMG]

24. evansst

evansst

Black and they are white.

25. 18key

18key

I dont know anything about the construction business, but would legal action make the situation worse?

It could, but in many cases it's the only way to get paid. My dad has a lawsuit against the city ofJacksonville that's been through the courts for 2 years now.