"Racism is as American as baseball"

Terrone, who refers to herself by her maiden name Magoveny, delivers an expletive and racial epithet-laden description of what she said occurred. She claims she was walking in the grocery store near the check-out and turned to her young daughters and said: “Jesus Christ.” She does not provide context for what she was describing. She says a black man in a “scooter” asked if she was talking to him and called her a *****.

“He called me a ***** so I called him a ni**er.” She said the man got up and “threatened me” and that there was “spitting going back and forth.”

She repeated that she called the man a “ni**er because he called me a *****.”

She then proceeded to tell the 911 dispatcher to get an East Haven police officer to her house so she could press charges.

She said the man was with two “fat black *****es which I won’t call ni**ers because they weren’t behaving like ni**ers…somebody better do something now …”

Terrone continues:

“That place is full of cockroaches and now I have to deal with being called a ***** by a ni**er in front of my kids? I don’t think so.”

She says she left her coat in the Shoprite parking lot because it had “his dirty disgusting AIDS-infected ni**er spit on it…”

Terrone then demands a police officer be sent to her house and when she gives her address, the dispatcher says he can’t send a cop because she does not live in the police department’s jurisdiction. “Of course, you can’t,” she mocks. “Then tell me what’s going to be done to arrest the ni**er who assaulted me verbally?”

“I want a ****ing cop doing something now. I don’t want any excuses,” she shouts at the dispatcher.

The dispatcher says she can come into the police station and file a report since the store is in East Haven jurisdiction. She’s incredulous: “Are you fuc*ing kidding me? You think I know that ni**er’s name? You think I know that ni**er’s name? That’s all he is to me. A fuc*ing ni**er because he called me a *****.”

As Terrone mocks, insults and demeans the dispatcher, she agrees to meet an East Haven police officer in the Shoprite parking lot but demands that the officer be white.

“Is it someone who’s not going to be racially biased? Is it going to be a white person because I am not dealing with a sp*c or a ni**er because I am way beyond that point.”

The dispatcher asks what kind of car she drives and she says it’s none of his business. He says the officer will need to be able to locate her. She says she’s going into Shoprite. He says not to do that. “Oh, but I am.” He replies: “Oh, but you’re not.”

She said she was told by her uncle this “wasn’t going how this was supposed to happen.” She tells the dispatcher her uncle is a New Haven Police Department detective.

The dispatcher says her uncle was wrong.

So, is there a difference in Smollett calling in something fake, versus this woman?

tenor.gif

:smh: :smh: :smh:

Ex-Nike Executive Files Racial Discrimination Lawsuit
The third suit regarding Nike’s workplace culture.
https%3A%2F%2Fhypebeast.com%2Fimage%2F2019%2F03%2Fnike-racial-discrimination-lawsuit-details-01.jpg

DREW ANGERER/GETTY IMAGES
FASHION
12 Hrs ago
By Jack Stanley
A former Nike executive is suing the Beaverton brand for racial discrimination. In the lawsuit, which was reported by Portland Business Journal, former senior director in data analytics Amer Inam is accusing Nike of overlooking him in favor of a less-experienced white employee. According to Inam’s suit, he initially received praise for his work, before being passed up for promotion. The lawsuit goes on to claim that Inam — who was born in India – received a salary $75,000 USD below a white co-worker with similar background and experience.

Elsewhere in the lawsuit, Inam alleges that he was subjected to a “pattern of hostile and intimidating treatment, which differed markedly from the way (his former supervisor) treated the white members of her team.” The supervisor is also accused of criticizing employees of color, not valuing their work and “generally (treating) them like second-class citizens.”

According to this lawsuit, Inam experienced “symptoms of anxiety including but not limited to agitation, depression, lack of hope, psychosomatic anxiety related muscle and joint pains, panic attacks, sleeplessness, nightmares, headaches, nausea, persistent cold, loss of connection with family, and loss of appetite.” The suit also claims that the process of raising these issues internally was long-winded and fruitless. Inam left Nike in December 2018.

Overall, Inam is suing for $516,000 USD in compensation alongside $350,000 USD in non-economic damages and fees.

Dana Sullivan of Buchanan Angeli Altschul & Sullivan LLP — the firm representing Inam — added that it is “tremendously discouraging that a company that markets itself as supportive of people of color fails so miserably at addressing race discrimination internally. There’s been so much scrutiny over the last year of Nike’s treatment of women, but there’s an equally distressing story to be told about its treatment of employees of color.”

This is the third lawsuit against Nike regarding its apparently toxic workplace culture, although it is the first to mention racial discrimination. Back in August last year, two former employees sued the company over sexual discrimination.

Back
Top Bottom