reasons for your collection

Originally Posted by azhul23

i was deprive of my chance to wear j's in the bulls era...mainly bec. i lack the money and connections.for the j's during this time was a pricey copped and hard to find shoes, only in cash and carry and cartimar shops..will you see some j's no nike park present during those time...so imagine rockin them..thats the OG days
Same here... It's a childhood frustration.

Top 5 Reasons for my collection:

1) I buy those shoes that I dreamt of buying when I was a kid. It doesn't matter if its CDP, OG, or retro, as long as it's that particular model. Feelslike my dreams came true everytime I look at them.
laugh.gif

2) PRICE!

3) Design - since I can wear my kicks at work, this has to be the 3rd reason.
wink.gif

4) Comfort and cushioning - Syempre! Though I don't use much of them for ballin (coz I have my beaters
happy.gif
), I frequently walk around with them.

5) Exclusivity/rarity

Originally Posted by Inigo

Wearing a nice pair of sneakers makes me feel good. I don't know why? But it really does.
Pairing your kicks with your clothes makes it more better.
Iba yung feeling! Even buying a new pair of kicks with my last money... Feels good parin!
Hindi ako nanghihinayang basta shoes ang binili ko.
And when you reach home and you just sit down , light a cig and stare at your collection... It's priceless!
The feeling is priceless!
It's just like dreaming , wishing that you'll have one of those pairs that you really like... Searching the net and seeing other sneaker collectors post pics with their kicks.
"Inggit na inggit ka na! And thinking of ways how to get 'em"
And that day comes that the shoes that you've been longing for are on your hands already , displayed in your room or display cabinets. PRICELESS!
That's why i love this hobby!
And what's good about it , My 5 year old kid loves Kobe so much that he idolizes him so much , we checkout Nike stores together , he tells me what kicks he like and what he does'nt and tells me that someday he'll own all my collections.
I'll pass on my collection someday to my kids.
It's fulfillment and an achievement for me!

Cheers to everyone!

hahaha pareho tyo, bottom line at the end of the day when your filling tired after work, nakakawla ng stress just by looking at your sneakers. i have a habitof after aquiring a new pair of sneakers, i would put it infront of my tv set and stare at it for awhile iv been doing it since i was a kid
laugh.gif
. my only wish is that sneakers could be cheap as stamps
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Vsano

i was deprive of my chance to wear j's in the bulls era...mainly bec. i lack the money and connections.for the j's during this time was a pricey copped and hard to find shoes, only in cash and carry and cartimar shops..will you see some j's no nike park present during those time...so imagine rockin them..thats the OG days

I'm on the same boat as you guys are...it actually feels better coz I'm buying kicks from hard earned money...

now that we're earning our own money, its like a gift to our self after a month of hard work,
tanggal ang pagod mo after mo mabili yung shoes na gusto mo, and
its a good feeling to attract attention and break necks when you're rockin' them
laugh.gif

ever since i was a kid, i was into sneakers. i remember getting the barkleys cb 94s. saw my neighbor wearing them and i was like " i need thatshoes"..so i begged my mom to buy them for me..i was lucky she bought me those..haha
since then i got hooked. my dad bought me some bred 11s and the og black white jordan 12s.

like marcus said sneakers are wearable artwork..may it be super exclusive limited edition,jordans,to regular release..it just depends on what you like. so forme i buy anything as long as i like it and put it in my collection.

Originally Posted by sircsetroc

Originally Posted by Vsano

I'm on the same boat as you guys are...it actually feels better coz I'm buying kicks from hard earned money...

Cosign. Never had J's when I was a kid.

Originally Posted by jason16

Originally Posted by Inigo

Wearing a nice pair of sneakers makes me feel good. I don't know why? But it really does.
Pairing your kicks with your clothes makes it more better.
Iba yung feeling! Even buying a new pair of kicks with my last money... Feels good parin!
Hindi ako nanghihinayang basta shoes ang binili ko.
And when you reach home and you just sit down , light a cig and stare at your collection... It's priceless!
The feeling is priceless!
It's just like dreaming , wishing that you'll have one of those pairs that you really like... Searching the net and seeing other sneaker collectors post pics with their kicks.
"Inggit na inggit ka na! And thinking of ways how to get 'em"
And that day comes that the shoes that you've been longing for are on your hands already , displayed in your room or display cabinets. PRICELESS!
That's why i love this hobby!
And what's good about it , My 5 year old kid loves Kobe so much that he idolizes him so much , we checkout Nike stores together , he tells me what kicks he like and what he does'nt and tells me that someday he'll own all my collections.
I'll pass on my collection someday to my kids.
It's fulfillment and an achievement for me!

Cheers to everyone!

hahaha pareho tyo, bottom line at the end of the day when your filling tired after work, nakakawla ng stress just by looking at your sneakers. i have a habit of after aquiring a new pair of sneakers, i would put it infront of my tv set and stare at it for awhile iv been doing it since i was a kid
laugh.gif
. my only wish is that sneakers could be cheap as stamps
laugh.gif

Cheers to you bro!
happy.gif

same reason too.. never got a chance to have the kicks i want when i was a kid.. i remember liking the aj11 concords, but instead ended up owning a pair ofconverse with the same look as the aj11's..

i collect/buy/use basketball shoes to experience hands-on (or feet-on rather) the technology behind them...

same reason as most of you stated, I was not able to buy 'em shoes during my school days.

I've been a jordan fan since high school but jordans have been way ahead of me. then came kobe, that's why I decided to collect kobes instead.

and same as chase_on's, i love reading about the technology behind the shoes I buy, why not try them?

I wouldn't say I'm a collector (wala akong pambili..hehe)

My Story:
I fell in love with sneakers when I was about 10. We were in COD (Cubao) :tongue: I tried on some Nike and that was it. I felt the huge difference from my Kaypee..haha! We are an average pinoy.. we couldn't afford Nike.
I said to myself that someday I'll be able to have my own Nike. My very first Nike was from my late Dad's.. Air Uptempo 1995..

I grew up watching MJ and the Bulls in the 90's. I was a basketball fan as a kid and I always wondered what MJ and the guys wear in their feet. My firstNikes were some Force Max that had a midfoot strap that Barkley wore in that commercial with Godzilla. It was a long road for me to get my first J's, Istarted "pestering" my parents to buy me J's when I saw the AJ VI infrareds (the one Boy2 Quizon was wearing on that old Jollibee ad). I remembergoing to Cash and Carry, Greenhills (back then when they sold legit stuff) and Cartimar and look for the latest Nikes there. My parents and friends wereweirded out that I was drooling over shoes. Some kids back then wanted toys for presents, I wanted J's. It took me a while to finally own my first Jordansin 93 which was the AJ VIIIs in white/red and the Aquas when my tita from the states gave them to me as a pasalubong. I rocked the hell out of those shoes. Inever bought my own sneakers back then, my tita was my "supplier" for J's and she sent me the latest Air Jordan Mike wore for that season so Ihad one new pair of J's every year. That went on until AJXIV. I had other shoes back then sent to me like Reebok Shaqs and some Pippens and uptempos. Ibought my own J's from XV's until XXIIIs when I retired. I wore my shoes back then mainly for basketball. People back then never kept their shoes DS. Ididn't care about the so-called "value" of the shoe, as long as I like it and I could afford it, I'd buy it. I don't care if I have touse my connects in stores or go through sale racks to get the shoes I like. There was a time when I could wait for J's to go on sale and buy them when Icould finally afford it. There were no lines back then, no raffles, no resellers, no hype. I bought shoes because of the excitement it brings to me when Icould finally buy it and wear it on or off court.

Originally Posted by calsfinest22

I grew up watching MJ and the Bulls in the 90's. I was a basketball fan as a kid and I always wondered what MJ and the guys wear in their feet. My first Nikes were some Force Max that had a midfoot strap that Barkley wore in that commercial with Godzilla. It was a long road for me to get my first J's, I started "pestering" my parents to buy me J's when I saw the AJ VI infrareds (the one Boy2 Quizon was wearing on that old Jollibee ad). I remember going to Cash and Carry, Greenhills (back then when they sold legit stuff) and Cartimar and look for the latest Nikes there. My parents and friends were weirded out that I was drooling over shoes. Some kids back then wanted toys for presents, I wanted J's. It took me a while to finally own my first Jordans in 93 which was the AJ VIIIs in white/red and the Aquas when my tita from the states gave them to me as a pasalubong. I rocked the hell out of those shoes. I never bought my own sneakers back then, my tita was my "supplier" for J's and she sent me the latest Air Jordan Mike wore for that season so I had one new pair of J's every year. That went on until AJXIV. I had other shoes back then sent to me like Reebok Shaqs and some Pippens and uptempos. I bought my own J's from XV's until XXIIIs when I retired. I wore my shoes back then mainly for basketball. People back then never kept their shoes DS. I didn't care about the so-called "value" of the shoe, as long as I like it and I could afford it, I'd buy it. I don't care if I have to use my connects in stores or go through sale racks to get the shoes I like. There was a time when I could wait for J's to go on sale and buy them when I could finally afford it. There were no lines back then, no raffles, no resellers, no hype. I bought shoes because of the excitement it brings to me when I could finally buy it and wear it on or off court.

Malungkot nga lang nasunog yung lumang stall sa Cash and Carry. Yung Jordan 8 dati nasa 3,995php lang ang retail price nun 1993. Which I started to wear andcollect sneakers. Kapag maganda ang grades ko sa school may reward ako sa ermats and erpats ko.

Back
Top Bottom