RIP George Floyd

meanwhile at my girlfriend’s so called “liberal” office, her coworkers are busy planning going-away happy hours and parties :stoneface: just goes to show what people’s priorities in life are. A deadly pandemic and widespread protests against police brutality and racism, but nah, let’s just go drink! When people tell you that they’re against looting and violence, what they’re really saying is that you’re inconveniencing them by interrupting their carefree lifestyle

6B3155FA-BB8E-4768-8261-7097CF611C06.jpeg

03369620-B6AE-4342-B898-C95D381D906B.jpeg
Me at my pharmacy job

Another thing that needs to be done in police departments is require your officers to live in the community in which they’re assigned.

no patrolling south central, East la but you live in Simi Valley, Santa Clarita or Palmdale/Lancaster.

you can go be a cop in that community.
Doesn’t really make much of a difference honestly.

Another thing that needs to be done in police departments is require your officers to live in the community in which they’re assigned.

no patrolling south central, East la but you live in Simi Valley, Santa Clarita or Palmdale/Lancaster.

you can go be a cop in that community.
Should definitely be legislation that requires a majority of the force to be near the community

Are you suggesting forgiveness? I'm not sure what you're asking

These guys don't deserve a damb thing. Same type of nice friendly attitude is why cops, history and the system keeps repeating itself. This stuff needs to be so demonized that the very thought of this type of evil doesn't even come up

Until then **** everything else **** being nice or understanding. The time for all that was decades ago

No, Forgiveness is complex and IMO shouldn't be expected given 400+ yrs of terrible actions, behaviors, beliefs etc.

I ask that in the context of if the goal is trying to get the most amount of people on the same page, then statistically there's gonna be some folks who've ****ed up in the past.

I fully agree that those thoughts and beliefs should be demonized and eradicated, there is/was no place for them at any time period. Actions will def speak louder than any words that can be said, and those who have ****ed up previously will have to double down to prove sincerity today.

This the one. Shut your mouth and do something.

Apologizing for stuff you said, that you felt, that you probably still feel doesn’t square with me. You’re apologizing because of backlash at that point. If nobody was mad, there would be no statement. It’s lip service.

If you care, go do something to help. Forced apologies written by a PR rep ain’t cutting it.

that’s just me though.

I get that 100%, actions always going to speak louder than anything else.

I know im not the only one that saw Jake Tapper get shook and cut Van Jones off when he said money needs to be funded into the black community..

As long as he's pro-Trump, this is like spending millions on band-aids as a mean to cure cancer.

IMO gotta learn to separate the issues. He’s spending million on band aids to help with these particular wounds

but still being a cancer in other areas.

the money is still going to a good cause, don’t want to negate that cause he’s an idiot in other areas

Has anyone (black) else's workplace been SUPER DUPER pandering this week? :lol:

On Tuesday I got told I could take the week off if i wanted

We got the standard 'support' email from corporate on inclusivity and whatnot and my bosses had us on a zoom call earlier in the week to speak our minds and make suggestions for improvements in the workplace but no offers of time off for now :lol:

IMO gotta learn to separate the issues. He’s spending million on band aids to help with these particular wounds

but still being a cancer in other areas.

the money is still going to a good cause, don’t want to negate that cause he’s an idiot in other areas

I agree with this sentiment

Besides the usual "we stand against injustice" schtick....

I am still working from home but some of my co-workers been messaging me to "check on me", and say they are there if I need to vent. :rolleyes :lol:

The CEO emailed me and asking to join their white a **** diversity board (he emailed damn near every black person).

Our Yammer site (Facebook for offices), is ****ing filled with MLK memes and quotes.

My homeboy who is at the office told me he been treated to lunch damn near everyday. Mans finessed someone for a dry-aged Ribeye on Tuesday.

**** is a sight to see. :lol:
I respect his hustle lol

Back
Top Bottom