SELLING YOUR SOUL TO THE DEVIL

Originally Posted by FedExciter

he puts out ads on craiglist check him out lucifer666 is his user name
wasn't/isn't there an NT'er with that username?
laugh.gif

I always wondered about this as well...that Simpsons episode sparked my interest.

Where are all the people who usually have intriguing stories on the beyond normal?

BTW, supposedly Joe Namath made a deal with the devil to win a championship back in '69
grin.gif
laugh.gif

The only way the Jets would ever win another championship after that is if he's on his death bed.

(look up the interview if you don't believe me. Yea pretty silly but funny)

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Wellthere are people who sold their souls to the devil don't do any morewrong than the average human-being eg. Robert Johnson, the bluesguitarist supposedly sold his soul for his guitar playing abilities. Hewasn't any worse a human-being than the average "christian".

Depends on your view of an "average" human being (whatever that might be)/ "christian".

Originally Posted by GTEK

Wellthere are people who sold their souls to the devil don't do any morewrong than the average human-being eg. Robert Johnson, the bluesguitarist supposedly sold his soul for his guitar playing abilities. Hewasn't any worse a human-being than the average "christian".

Depends on your view of an "average" human being/ "christian".
My definition of the average human-being is someone that doesn't kill/ steal.....and may make a mistake every now and then but nothing major to harm anyone. That is an average human-being.

I sold my soul to the devil, and the price was cheap.  Aye yo it's cold on this level, cause it's twice as deep.

Originally Posted by GTEK

Depends on your view of an "average" human being/ "christian".
My definition of the average human-being is someone that doesn't kill/ steal.....and may make a mistake every now and then but nothing major to harm anyone. That is an average human-being.

Thank you for sharing...
but some people wake up (if they sleep) and are forced to make those decisions on the daily due to survival.
Many circumstances in today's world makes envisioning everyone's life appleasing to a main group of customs
invalid.

Separatism is just to far in depth to envision an "average-day" human-being.

Now if you were to say something like average-day American then we could narrow the discussion.

Originally Posted by Cronicmolemolereturns

Originally Posted by JFMartiMcDandruff

Haitians made a deal with the devil and are paying for it.
laugh.gif

what the hell they get outta that?

You got to be rich for the devil to see u
here in the caribbean that is more common than you think..ppl sleep on the realism of voodoo and obeah
according to that Pat "worst human being ever" Robertson, Haitians made a deal with the devil and are paying for it

He's referring to the Haitian revolution, while completely butchering it's history. Toussaint L'Ouverture was inspired by the slogan and actions of the French Revolution 'equality, fraternity, liberty' and also saw the glaring double standard used to enslave blacks.  In colonial Haiti, known as Saint Domingue, slaves provided the labor that elevated the island to the top exporting country in Latin America.  Toussaint used knowledge, wisdom, and military leadership to lead the Haitian slaves to freedom.

The reference to voodoo is due to the meeting the slaves had which solidified their cause while providing spiritual motivation....I guess agreeing to overthrow the white power structure is equal to making deals with the devil.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by superblyTRIFE

Shouldn't YOU be telling us this info?
Do you know how to read?

Way over your head, I guess.  Not sure how, but it is what it is. 
laugh.gif
No no it wasn't over my head...I'm smarter than you. You were referring to my SN hence me questioning your reading comprehension abilities.

roll.gif

Smarter than me, eh?  If you say so sir. 

And I guess people can't decipher a crappy joke anymore.  Ah well....carry on....

roll.gif

Smarter than me, eh?  If you say so sir. 

And I guess people can't decipher a crappy joke anymore.  Ah well....carry on....
Yea it's getting old....hence my response. Carry on.

probably bad, whatever you sell it for

ask Faust

(on a separate note, I wish my 2what of a housemate would clean up after herself.)

Back
Top Bottom