Should transgender individuals be allowed to serve in the military?.

Should transgender individuals be allowed to serve in the military

• Yes

Votes: 79 78.2%
  • No

Votes: 22 21.8%

• Total voters
if we throwing around the term intolerance I guess everyone was upset that Rachel Dolezal was ostracized for her beliefs

I suppose that is the next step. Should Affirmative Action apply to someone like Rachel Dolezal or the "cash me outside" girl? Didn't Dolezal actually lose her job when they found out that she was white? What if I refuse to hire this guy because of his appearance, does that make me a bigot and should I be fined?

hqdefault.jpg

Where is the line drawn? Who is the arbiter?

https://www.womensinternational.com/connections/male-hormones/

https://universityhealthnews.com/daily/nutrition/8-surprising-high-estrogen-symptoms-in-men/

http://thecompounder.com/increased-estrogen-in-men/

Short-term Effects of Elevated Estrogen in Men

• Decreased strength
  • Decreased endurance
  • Dermatological changes
  • Decreased libido
  • Decreased sexual performance
  • Dysphoria (restlessness)
  • Fatigue
  • Loss of self-esteem
  • Increased anxiety
  • A decline in physical energy
  • Difficulty in concentration
  • Forgetfulness
  • Insomnia
  • Altered state of well-being
The long-term effects include:

• Osteoporosis
  • Obesity
  • Erectile dysfunction
  • Muscle loss
A great soldier that does not make.

Those effects you listed have to do more with a lack of testosterone not an excess amount of estrogen. But you'd have to know that a doctor isn't just shaking dice to come up with a random number for a dose. It's calculated with those symptoms in mind.

Also women are typically weaker and/or less athletic than men. Do they not make good soldiers?

If I'm actually going to take this questions serious the answer is pretty obvious.

anyone should be allowed to serve in the military unless they are physically unfit to do so.

/thread

You answered your own question. Your first statement can be construed as bigotry also.

I don't think that they should be required to foot the bill for unnecessary estrogen, no.

So to you only men make good soldiers. Anything close to female is too weak. Gotcha

But you just said that they shouldn't lose their benefits. Which is it?

Do you all believe that the government should be forced to give female specific loans to men who "feel" like woman? Should a white person who "feels" black be privy to special scholarships set up specifically for African Americans?

So to you only men make good soldiers. Anything close to female is too weak. Gotcha

But you just said that they shouldn't lose their benefits. Which is it?

I didn't say that, you did. How would it sound if I said that white men are typically weaker and/or less athletic than black men? What if I said that Jewish people were typically smarter than Hispanics? Would that upset anyone?

Do military benefits cover gender reassignment surgery and unnecessary steroids/hormones?

Do you all believe that the government should be forced to give female specific loans to men who "feel" like woman? Should a white person who "feels" black be privy to special scholarships set up specifically for African Americans?

I could never imagine caring this much about something that doesn't matter.

Bless your heart.

Because the brain chemistry of a M to F transgender person is closer to that of a female even though they were born in a male body. The same goes for F to M.

That doesn't apply to transracial people

I didn't say that, you did. How would it sound if I said that white men are typically weaker and/or less athletic than black men? What if I said that Jewish people were typically smarter than Hispanics? Would that upset anyone?

Do military benefits cover gender reassignment surgery and unnecessary steroids/hormones?

I asked a question. You didn't give an answer. You wanna try answering the question to whether or not you believe that women make good soldiers?

Depends on how you define "unnecessary"
You can't ask someone why they committed suicide. An educated guess is the best that you can do.

Why can't you ask that question? Keep in mind, you can survive a suicide attempt

Because the brain chemistry of a M to F transgender person is closer to that of a female even though they were born in a male body. The same goes for F to M.

naw you need to cite a source

so you can't say you have a female brain, you just identify with what you think is the social construct of a perceived female, just like someone identifies with what they perceive a black person to be

sooo.. in the military you have to perform fitness tests and the guidelines are different for men and women..
which test do transgender people take? the male of female standard they identify with or the standard in which they are born?

How do you know that that doesn't apply to transracial people? Do people of different races have discernibly different brain chemistry?
So what you are saying is that we should define race and sex by brain chemistry, and not by DNA, physical attributes, chromosomes and hormones?

Back
Top Bottom